[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys deal with artist's block? I'm fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 1800deadinside_original.jpg (293 KB, 720x864) Image search: [Google]
1800deadinside_original.jpg
293 KB, 720x864
How do you guys deal with artist's block?

I'm fucking dead inside. I can't draw without feeling pissed off and wanting to die, not so much out of frustration, but because my art is as dead as I am. I know I'm a faggot and I downloaded all the loomis shit. Anyone have any good tips? Drawing used to be my life.
>>
I never get art block get on my level
>>
>>2440096

If I'm blocked I just paint something from life.

I find it easier and looser than working from a photo, and I can still end up with a pretty picture to be proud of.
>>
>>2440099
I like this idea a lot...
>>
File: wordgeneratordoodles2.jpg (561 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
wordgeneratordoodles2.jpg
561 KB, 2000x1500
>>2440096
i go to a word generator program roll it a few times pick 2-3 words and draw something from that. helps give me a subject even if its a shit doodle or a little comic it helps the gears to start turning and i usually get some pretty interesting stuff.
>>
>>2440096
>all the loomis shit
the what now?
>>
>>2440096
>loomis beginner having discussions about art blocks
examples of people that will objectively never make it
>>
>>2440096
I tend to get artist's block when I'm uninspired. Then I like to read a book and distance myself from drawing a bit. Reading a book also helps me visualize what I want to draw. Like if I read a good part in a book, I might get the urge to draw that, or maybe a character from the book.

Sometimes, just doing something else for the day is enough. Like if I've been drawing for weeks, I might take one or two days where I don't draw at all until I naturally get the urge to draw again.
>>
>>2440096
PLEASE BE WEEK 1
>>
>>2440204
Loomis is not just beginner stuff. I'm not OP.
I only started reading Loomis after 3 years or so doing art.
>>
>>2440096

quit doing art. seriously. so not worth it.
>>
File: 1383511901898.png (659 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1383511901898.png
659 KB, 720x540
-Take your decrepit, seamen drenched, hand.
-Grab your shit cover utensil of choice.
-Stop being a bitch.
-Draw.

Drawing is monotonous grinding. If you don't draw 6 hours or more a day its going to be a grueling slog. If you draw for attention, give up; Save yourself the time and money.
>>
There is something called the great art filter, no one can help you unless you can help yourself.
There are always something to draw and study, always.
If you can plow through all the bullshit work, it will show whither you make it or brake it OP.
>>
Just draw stuff in your comfort zone until you're feeling better. Easy shit you know how to handle and know you've had fun drawing in the past.
Sticking in your comfort zone won't get you mad gains but it'll stop you from getting rusty.
>>
File: bump.png (9 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
bump.png
9 KB, 500x700
>>2440605
6 hours is too much. I'd say 1-2 hours per day, for consistency. Most of us have other things to do during the day.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.