[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So apparently it's not uncommon for artists to get shadowbanned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: reddit.jpg (42 KB, 674x501) Image search: [Google]
reddit.jpg
42 KB, 674x501
So apparently it's not uncommon for artists to get shadowbanned from Reddit for only submitting their art to art sub-reddits. "They need to post other people's art or they are not contributing to the community".

What in the holy shit is that. How the fuck is spamming a solution to controlling spam?
>>
>>2438988
Why are you on that cancerous place to begin with fuck off back on to reddit.
>>
>>2438988
Reddit is fucking retarded. More news at 11.
>>
>>2438992
>>2438993

you are fucking idiots, reddit is a gigantic site and there's nothing wrong with it in principle

>>2438988

source?
>>
>>2438997
https://www.reddit.com/wiki/selfpromotion
>You should submit from a variety of sources (a general rule of thumb is that 10% or less of your posting and conversation should link to your own content), talk to people in the comments (and not just on your own links), and generally be a good member of the community.

Apparently this applies to everyone. So if you only post your art in r/art, you'll get banned if you're "found out".
>>
>>2439000
I almost want to go to reddit and shill all my drawings on purpose
>>
>>2439010
Everyone does. It was a rule that was meant to control Let's Players and people with Bandcamps from dumping and running, but then it also applies to people who submit to /learnart and /critique, so fuck me, better spam random meme shit to follow the 10% rule?
>>
>2015+1

>leddit
>>
I've posted fan art onto /r/gaming on multiple occasions and have had it hit the front page. I used it to funnel people to my Instagram account.

Every time I made the front page, I made around 300-500 followers on Instagram.

Reddit is an excellent promotional tool. Not only that, but Reddit is a better site than 4chan in almost every way.
>>
File: 1448888820931.jpg (427 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
1448888820931.jpg
427 KB, 800x1000
>>2438997
>accounts+usernames+eternal post histories, karma, thumbs up and down fundamental to everything, shadowbans, reddit gold, stupid fucking nesting nesting nesting posts, the dumbass rule that this god damn thread is on about
kek, kill yourself out of /ic/
>>
>>2439047
Reddit is good for promotion. It's shit for an actual community because of everything you listed.

But apparently Reddit looks down at promotion, so that's become shit, too unless no one reports you.
>>
>>2438988
>reddit
hello, please go
>>
>>2439041
>Reddit is a better site than 4chan in almost every way.
Then why don't you stay there?
>>
>>2439000
>(a general rule of thumb is that 10% or less of your posting and conversation should link to your own content), talk to people in the comments (and not just on your own links),
Pretty easy to get around, even if you only post in the art subreddits.

>>2439021
>but then it also applies to people who submit to /learnart and /critique
If you only post links to your own work and comment in those threads, then it could be a problem. If you post in other people's threads in the same subreddits, then you should be fine.

Just communicate with people where the topic isn't specifically your art. Better yet, look into the artists you see whoring out there a lot, and check out their post and submission history to get an idea of what's acceptable and what isn't.

I see webcomic artists post their work as an imgur link, link to the original in the comments, then talk with people in their threads with no issues. Haven't done any snooping to see if they're actually active elsewhere on the site.
>>
>>2439000
I'm ok with this. It just prompts you to engage with other members, to discuss their work as well as yours, and also to post artists you admire, or threads about technique etc.

It's just a wall against whoring your shit like illastrat.
>>
>>2439078
not that anon, but these are not physical locations, people tend to visit more than a single website, often at the same time.
>>
>>2438988
reddit is an awful community anyway, remember when they gave ryan lang shit for calling his paintings....paintings?
>>
>>2439143
>calling his paintings....paintings?
What he was supposed to call them then?
>>
>>2439143
>reddit is an awful community anyway, remember when they gave ryan lang shit for calling his paintings....paintings?

It sounds like a very superficial distinction from a very superficial community.
>>
>>2439143
>reddit is an awful community anyway
he says on /ic/
>>
>>2439169
If /ic/ has to say it, you know it's terrible.
>>
4chan generally does not accept folks from reddit because the place is considered a ghetto gateway. Go back there or lurk here without posting.
>>
>>2438988
i got shadow banned from /r/feminism for participating in hating the fat people.
>>
>>2439169
>proving his point even more
>>
File: 1c9.jpg (58 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
1c9.jpg
58 KB, 500x332
The people of reddit are the worst part about it but the site itself is a nice way to promote your work if you work within its rules.

/r/Art has some basic rules to get your work top upboated:

1. Be a rad doodle that the youth can relate to
2. Be a good tattoo design
3. Be an existing professionals work and just showcase it for the points

That subreddit is cancerous as fuck but you gotta find other places to shill your work properly.
>>
File: 1440243067576.png (100 KB, 268x297) Image search: [Google]
1440243067576.png
100 KB, 268x297
Why do you guys even care?

Reddit's art community is nonexistent. Their biggest subreddit for it has like 50 people daily.

Even prehistoric conceptart.org has more active users.

Plenty of way better places to shill your art.
>>
>using reddit in the CURRENT YEAR

https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/494hu7/reddit_recently_hired_a_new_liaison_for/
>>
File: FB_IMG_1457648672906.jpg (17 KB, 552x310) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1457648672906.jpg
17 KB, 552x310
https://m.datpiff.com/tape/771826?utm_campaign=piff.me&utm_source=&utm_medium=piff.me
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.