[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do I have potential?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: test1.jpg (141 KB, 750x1500) Image search: [Google]
test1.jpg
141 KB, 750x1500
I want to get into furry art, but the furry art community seem very competitive. Judging by pic related, do you think I have the skills to be known and distinctive in the furry world? I'll be mostly making SFW web comics and doing vanilla nudity commissions.
>>
>>2438819
known, yes. by shit, distinctive, no.

Dont make your own threads. sage.

> I'll be mostly making SFW web comics

why, youre being a sellout anyway go full retard.
>>
The furry community has no standards but sticking to sfw and vanilla nudity won't get you much attention. You need to cater to specific fetishes if you want to succeed.
>>
>>2438819
potential doesn't exist
just keep drawing until u git hella gud
you're not bad tho
>>
>>2438819
Potential or not, you just don't have the spark
You'll never create art
>>
>>2438819
>furries
pls gtfo
>>
>>2438819
TALENT DOES NOT EXIST
ONLY HARD WORK
>>
>>2438822
not OP but go fuck yourself 4ch is for threads not for following your little fancyasses threads when u wanna make them

fucking faggot
>>
97 percent of gay scientists agree that Furires is gay
>>
File: test2.jpg (950 KB, 1500x3000) Image search: [Google]
test2.jpg
950 KB, 1500x3000
Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll try to do what I can to improve. Another question, how to I colour blend, it's one of the most frustrating thing atm, no matter what I do it looks off and I don't know why. Any tips to improve on that?
>>
File: picking colors via curves.png (182 KB, 1000x570) Image search: [Google]
picking colors via curves.png
182 KB, 1000x570
>>2440236
I think you could improve on the colors picked for shading by picking warmer or colder hues for the shadows.

A lot of the darker and lighter colors currently seem to be the same hue as what they're shaded over, which rather than giving a convincing shadow, just makes things look dirty or wet (especially on clothing). While I see changes in brightness/contrast, I don't see many changes in hue, which is especially important to portray surfaces that not only reflect light, but also absorb it (eg. skin).

Pic related, see how the artist refers to saturation and hue changes in the color picker.
>>
File: importance of highlights.png (262 KB, 1000x570) Image search: [Google]
importance of highlights.png
262 KB, 1000x570
>>2440262
Another example of color picking, possibly more relevant to the warm/cold lighting points raised earlier.
>>
File: importance of hue and darkness.png (226 KB, 1000x570) Image search: [Google]
importance of hue and darkness.png
226 KB, 1000x570
>>2440265
And I guess it couldn't hurt for me to post this one as well.

Good luck, I look forward to seeing the finished piece!
>>
>>2440262
Ah yes, the saturation curve was my main problem. My mid tones are always very desaturated.
>>
>>2439344
where is this from?
>>
>>2440691
The character is kishibe rohan but I don't know where that particular scene is from
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.