[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Contemporary Surrealism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: centaur_morris_2016.jpg (281 KB, 1000x1248) Image search: [Google]
centaur_morris_2016.jpg
281 KB, 1000x1248
Thoughts? Also, www.ryanlloydmorris.com for more of this stuff.
>>
>>2437353
Looks like generic fantasy shit on a creepy/gothy streak rather than actual surrealism to me.
>>
>>2437356
Now that you've thoroughly labeled this person and their art with your buzzword bank, you can peacefully rest tonight. Boy, how I envy you.
>>
>>2437359
Why would you envy him?
>>
>>2437360
I was saying I envy the structure of his intake of new art (but I don't, really)
>>
>>2437359
> labeled this person
To clarify, I was describing the objective qualities of the piece of work you posted, not the person who made it.
>>
>>2437353
To be honest this painting doesn't really attract my attention. I can't tell you really why, maybe I find it lifeless, maybe it's because there's no story to get involved, maybe this painting fails to represent a dream the way I expect from a other surrealists paintings
>>
>>
>>2437353
Man this is some nightmare fuel alright
>>
>>2437369
da floor cat is watching you masterbate :DDD
>>
Hello I'm here to tell you surrealists worked with specific rules and codes. This is not surrealism, it's just absurd/fantasy.
>>
File: ultimatebrutality.jpg (16 KB, 399x262) Image search: [Google]
ultimatebrutality.jpg
16 KB, 399x262
>>2437402
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.