[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any good art-related podcasts I can listen to while drawing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7
File: 1449192673038.jpg (168 KB, 1210x603) Image search: [Google]
1449192673038.jpg
168 KB, 1210x603
Are there any good art-related podcasts I can listen to while drawing?
>>
>>2436543
i'm very interested in that: having something to listen is literally the only thing that motivates me to begin painting, and keep doing it for hours.

Music and audiobooks are ok, but would be interesting listening something art related once in a while.
>>
>>2436543
Sleepycabin.
>>
File: image.jpg (542 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
542 KB, 1400x1400
CUPodcast

Protip: Ignore Ian
>>
>>2436617
This.

Other than that, I watch Star Trek
>>
Feng zhu has a ton on YouTube
>>
>>2436543
> Levelup

:^)
>>
Pizza party podcast
>>
It's not exactly what you're looking for but this one is design related, I really like listening to "99% Invisible"

They also have all their previous podcasts available which is great. I've been working my way through them while im in my studio.
>>
http://www.pbs.org/art21/#
https://manpodcast.com/
http://badatsports.com/
http://www.earwolf.com/show/how-did-this-get-made/

audiobooks are easier for me to get into though because I can pay attention less.
>>
>>2436633
>We're a bunch of cringy nerds: The podcast.
>>
>>2436633

Does that guy with the long hair have legit autism?
>>
>>2436614
its okay senpai "I like my ipod more than fucking"
Youd go insane hearing nothing but silence from 6 hours of painting, music is a good thing embrace it.

you can sometimes fix this by switching from music/people talking to calmer music to just background/nature noises and soon enough silence.
>>
>>2436543

Ahmed Aldoori on Youtube, he's a concept artist at Arenanet. He posts a lot of tutorials but his MEDCAST epsiodes have a lot of good commentary on/about Art in general.

Dave Rapoza's old livestreams, you can them on his old Crimson Daggers livestream account or youtube. Loads of real talk, and he did really long interviews/convo's with artists like Marko Djurdjevic, Coro etc

Anthony Jones has a log of all his podcasts on his youtube channel too.

Miles Johnston's Dirty Sponge - http://mixlr.com/miles-johnston/showreel/ More Interviews/convo's with artists etc

There's loads more, but there's a few of the main ones I've listened too while working
>>
Man vs. Art is pretty good, if you can get past the host's apparently boner for cringey sound effects. I don't think he's updated in like a year though, but there's a fair backlog.

Seconding for Sleepycabin if you can tolerate a bunch of nerds talking over each other. I tend to stick with episodes that feature either Ricepirate or Stamper, since they're actually pleasant to listen to.

Sharpened Artist is a recent podcast focusing on colored pencils, if that's your thing.

For general non-art topics, you can't go wrong with Stuff You Should Know.
>>
>>2436654
Which one?

When I animate I watch Star Trek, and I've already burned through Original Series and Next Generation.
>>
DVDASA. One of the hosts is the sensitive artist David Choe.
>>
>>2442394
David Choe is not an artist, he is barely an illustrator.
>>
>>2442398
Depends on your definition of art, I guess. He is very much an artist though.
>>
File: 1365680995522.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1365680995522.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>No one's brought up OneVox's podcast even though he used to post here
>>
>>2442419
*He is very much a drawer though.
>>
chris oatley or somethign like that is pretty chill
>>
>>2437055
This. Audiobooks are great. Especially easy genres, people write them off as only for kids but it's comfy shit. My recs are Harry Potter(Stephen Fry version unless you're a filthy pleb), Artemis Fowl, anything by Terry Pratchett(RIP in peace you fucking god), anything by Neil Gaimann (spoopy and bittersweet, the best combo ever)
>>
>>2442464
Chris Oatley?

Pffft. You will never make it.
>>
>>2436617
Yes yes yes!
>>
>>2436543
Certain episodes of Sleepycabin
QnA sections of Pizza Party Podcast
Grumpcade- Pokemon Art Academy
Toon Grumps
>>
Sleepycabin has some good episodes but I find it impossible to sit through any episodes where they feature a female guest (like Sabbtastic)

No offense against her but they all have that ear-grating samey voice that so many females have. I can sit through Psychicpebbles' eternally congested down's syndrome voice but not that.
>>
>>2442381
I'm still on TNG second season, starting from TOS. I don't like binging, so I only ever watch one or two episodes.
>>
>>2436543
Not a podcast, but you could listen to Jeff Watt's workshop things on youtube. Gives a lot of good advice offhand imo.
>>
I really like this one and Karla Ortiz' interview from Draw or Die. These don't have paint demos but unlike the level up videos, I can understand what people are saying. I can't understand the level up guys to save my life. http://youtu.be/itgao2SUYDI
>>
File: cabin.jpg (158 KB, 714x402) Image search: [Google]
cabin.jpg
158 KB, 714x402
>>2436543
I consider this art related enough. cause they do talk about art work between stories and questions. also entertaining
http://sleepycabin.com/media/sleepycast/
>>
File: podcastbanner_large_.jpg (219 KB, 550x320) Image search: [Google]
podcastbanner_large_.jpg
219 KB, 550x320
>cmd+f
>no Baby Geniuses
Baby Geniuses.
>>
>>2443341
I don't know why anyone wouldn't love this podcast.
>>
>>2443341
sleepycast is best podcast, specially with the shit spewing out of Zach's mouth. Too bad the fucker is in NY right now and can't show up that much in the podcast.
>>
>>2443341

It's great, but I wish Stamper was still a regular on it
>>
>>2443759
same, he was one of the main reasonsi had started listening to it in the first place
>>
>>2437037
you're never going to make it.
>>
>>2436617
um...no thanks
>>
>>2448772
you're missing out
>>
Sleepycast is great if you can sit through it. None of the humor or stories bother me and I enjoy the whole cast (except Shadman, he talks like an edge lord) but a lot of people find them stupid or annoying. Especially Spazkid and Ricepirate, or Zach's Voice or Jeff's cynism. I say give it a chance. I personally love it.
>>
>>2436617
Quite amusing but I miss Zack ;_;
>>
>>2450288
I thinks Shad's mostly pretending. That whole bit about swimming with sharks are lyrics from a Rammstein song.
>>2450414
He'll be back soon
>>
>>2436543
CreativeTrek is pretty good. The host can be a bit annoying, but otherwise there are some great guests with some great information about the industry and art in general.

soundcloud (dot) cum / creativetrek

I would recommend starting with Dan Warren's episode (17). He talks about how he made it into the industry and about the bullshit they told him in art school.
>>
>>2442504
why do you say this?
>>
File: 1430958087812.jpg (178 KB, 491x713) Image search: [Google]
1430958087812.jpg
178 KB, 491x713
>>2450414
>the marsquatch episode
>>
>>2450965
I just fucking love Cory's autism. Pair that with Zach's hypotheticals and it's comedy gold.
>>
>>2436543
Not art related, but Pool Party Radio, Illogical Contraption, and Junk Food Dinner.
>>
>>2443341
but i'm not 16. anything else?
>>
File: 1200x630bf.jpg (44 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
1200x630bf.jpg
44 KB, 1200x630
>>2436543
>No mention of wisenheimers
slut babies all of you.
>>
Matt Dwyer's interview with Zak Smith is about as entertaining an interview with a Big, Important Artist as I've heard.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.