[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Calarts a good school?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 3766760583_6e3bd87423_o.jpg (39 KB, 520x347) Image search: [Google]
3766760583_6e3bd87423_o.jpg
39 KB, 520x347
Is Calarts a good school?
>>
Yes and no

>care to explain?

Maybe
>>
>>2436486
it has a great reputation. All that counts. From an outsider, it seems as though its the yale (but not the harvard) of art schools.
>>
>>2436527
what's the harvard, RISD?
>>
It would be better if they didn't have a parasitical abstract wing like most major art schools.
>>
>>2436531
I dont think theres a harvard of art schools reputation wise.
>>
>>2436498
>>2436527
Every artist on tumblr seems to want to go there, it's the dream art school in America. Because of that I expect acceptance rates are very low. Is it okay to try to apply if I'm not going as an undergrad? My skills are not good enough right now, and I still need to finish up com. college.
>>
>>2436498
>Is it okay to try to apply if I'm not going as an undergrad?

Sure, why not? Will you die for doing or not doing it?

Go for it lol
>>
>>2436599
Quote is to >>2436580

fuck me
>>
If you want to get into the animation industry, then yes.
If you don't get your degree from there, either know and network with people who do, or at least take a few classes there.

It sucks for people who go to different schools but most studios are incredibly biased because almost every successful modern animator went there at some point.
>>
>>2436555
But then theyd be giving up free money

Damn thats not even funny.
>>
I graduated already with a BA in architecture and am gazing towards art center (pasadena CA) for a formal education,

But... im so done with higher education bureaucracy and whatever else bullshit you get when you're an enrolled student (different than simply a 'student')

Also what do you guys think about having more than one BA? Seems ridiculous to me
>>
>>2436690
Which campus you thinking of? Hillside or south? Do you have some sort of scholarship? I don't really see a point unless you have a free ride or something, you already have a BA so you can job hunt now.
>>
Current student here (Character Animation), and honestly, the most I can say you make what you can of your time here.
The teachers are okay. A lot of them come and go because of jobs (or shit pay), and you're really pushed to your limit if want to do your best. You can't really expect people to teach you a lot, you kind of have to do it on your own and with your peers. It's more helpful than it sounds when you're surrounded by like-minded people.

You really have to be disciplined to go here, and despite what people say, the school won't get you jobs. If you're into getting sleepless nights, a large amount of debt, and wanting to quit constantly,then by all means go ahead.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.