[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ic/ where do i start with animating something like pic related?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
Hey /ic/ where do i start with animating something like pic related? Hanna-Barbera, low budget animation.
What programs do I use?
What format should i stick to? Is flash viable option?
How long would it take to create 1-minute animation with 2 different backgrounds and about 6 moving characters?

I have posted in on /co/ but they are just quoting karl pilkington.
>inb4 you do that too
>>
Bit uh a pickle yer in, innit?
>>
Adobe Flash is a good start. Look up some tutorials on how to accomplish what you want. As for how long it would take, it's difficult to say. What are the 2 backgrounds? What are your two characters doing? It could take anywhere from a day to a week, depending on how good you want to make it. Animation is arguably one of the most time consuming and least rewarding work processes ever, meaning it requires a lot of patience.

This is of course assuming you've got a tablet and know how to draw.
>>
>What programs do I use?
Flash
>Is flash viable option?
yes
>How long would it take to create 1-minute animation with 2 different backgrounds and about 6 moving characters?
For someone with no experience whatsoever? Months.
>>
Turns out it was a monkey.
>>
>How long would it take to create 1-minute animation with 2 different backgrounds and about 6 moving characters?

I'm not in animation, but a good rule of thumb I've heard from pros is this:

Consider the amount of time you think it will take. Now double that amount. Then double that amount again. That is your new realistic estimate.
>>
>>2436125
I'd honestly go with TV Paint Animation pro. It's common when beginning flash to slowly develop that shitty flash animation YouTube videos look you see people doing. Hanna-Barbera was always hand drawn and kinda loose feeling so you'd want to go with frame by frame which is pretty shitty on Flash. Flash seems to make everything look really smooth whereas frame-by-frame animating in TV Paint will give you that really squash and stretch hanna-barbera style.
>>
why didnt evolution make a giraffe good at carpentry so it could build a ladder
>>
>>2436309

I love karl, I should watch the moaning of life
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.