[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help for learning to use a tablet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1.png (520 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1.png
520 KB, 2000x2000
I've always been an above average artist with pencil and pen. I finally bought a cheap graphics tablet to start learning graphic art. Pic related is what i made first. It felt a lot different than what im used to. Any tips for going forward? Im trying to do at least one drawing a day.
>>
File: a0047669_500927badba2d.jpg (16 KB, 504x336) Image search: [Google]
a0047669_500927badba2d.jpg
16 KB, 504x336
>>2435666
>dem devil trips tho
>>
>>2435666
Hello, Satan.

For starters, read the sticky.

Secondly, use your tablet for everything you do online in place of a mouse. You'll adapt quickly.
>>
Nope, nope...
Taking into account a possible lack of motor skills with the tablet and understanding of the software, you are not "an above average artist" with pen, pencil, crayons, markers, paint, dirt&stick, or whatever the fuck you choose.

There are so many issues with proportions, perspective, lighting, etc. that can't be chalked up to "derp it's a different medium der".

You're like some dipshit 4th grader that is better at multiplication than the other kids in class deciding he's better than the average mathematician even though not a single kid in the class, nor the teacher, qualify for use of the term. Oh, well, I know CPR, and I bet 90+ percent of the population doesn't because they have 0 interest. So, that makes me a better M.D. than the average person, right? No. It means you know CPR... 1 thing, and compared to actual doctors you would be tied for worst alongside everyone else that knows CPR and nothing else that pertains to the field... and you must see how silly that would be fore some asshat to say they're a better than average doctor because they count everyone in the population as a doctor. That's you. That is what you're doing right now.

You compare your work to people that don't draw and think it's better, and that's how your fucking dunning-kruger outlook on your garbage artwork has formed... how about you compare it to actual artists for a fucking change. It may humble your stupid ass enough to realize you're a below-average-shit at art, and a gay retard. Then you might recognize some of your mistakes and actually put forth an effort to improve rather than resting on laurels you don't have.

Here's a tip! Fuck you, you suck, your parents know you suck, your art teachers sucked, and you should probably enroll in trade school to be an underwater welder or some shit while you have the chance.
>>
>>2435895
Kids these days....
>>
>>2435895
lol
>>
>>2435895
you could've just told him that he's not as good as he thinks and needs to work on fundamentals

or is it a 'less competition for the rest of us' thing?
>>
>>2435895
is this a new spicy meme?
>>
>>2435895
Here's an APA citation if you ever want to reference this essay

NON, A. (2016, March 10). You Triggered My Autism. Retrieved March 10, 2016.
>>
>>2435895
New copypasta is this.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.