[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you usually make the bodies of your characters? Do i have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: dclassortedfigures12032013.jpg (103 KB, 800x520) Image search: [Google]
dclassortedfigures12032013.jpg
103 KB, 800x520
How do you usually make the bodies of your characters? Do i have to do pic related all the fucking time?
>>
>>2434997
No, people normally find they own way of constructing the body when studying anatomy
>>
>>2434997
Is it difficult for you to do the pic related?
>>
When drawing anything, you would start by roughly outlining the form, no? With a human body this rough sketch would end up with something very much like that
>>
>>2435027
Kind of
>>
>>2435001
Basically.
There are guides you can use to borrow other people's methods. But in the long run, you're gonna develop your own.
>>
>>2435064
Not that anon but the OP image shouldn't be difficult at all.
You need to draw from life and study anatomy. The more comfortable you are with drawing the human figure accurately in detail, the easier it will be to simplify.

Pic related, it's not the best but it'll give you an idea.
>>
When I first started drawing I started by starting from the head and measuring out the body with heads.
Then I switched over to cranial units.
Then I just used a rectangle to shape the torso and work from there.
Now I just use a block for the rib cage to lay a foundation and go where ever.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.