[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3 Al7QAS89s >3 hours
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7
File: CblTuf8UMAAlRRi.png (1 MB, 1024x1498) Image search: [Google]
CblTuf8UMAAlRRi.png
1 MB, 1024x1498
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3Al7QAS89s
>3 hours per day = never make it
>>
>>2434595
jokes on you, I have the spark ;)
>>
>>2434601
That's why you post here :^
>>
>>2434605
to laugh at the plebians
>>
>>2434608
sure
>>
>>2434608
post your work
>>
>>2434595
Bumping for anime grill
>>
File: 1449844945346.png (50 KB, 900x1151) Image search: [Google]
1449844945346.png
50 KB, 900x1151
Speaking of the not master artist but master of advice, feng zhu
the fuck did he let happen to drawcrowd
>>
>>2434595
What's wrong with her boobs?
>>
>>2434739
You don't like Miku, fag? It's Miku day #ミクの日に手を繋ごう企画 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYci4LEVOhM
>>
File: 1 year and a half later.jpg (1 MB, 1265x1690) Image search: [Google]
1 year and a half later.jpg
1 MB, 1265x1690
>>2434595
gotta make those Kyle gains

>tfw don't have before & after pic of Kyle's improvement of pic related
>>
>>2434746
Miku is a hag. Reol all day erry day.
I mean what the fuck is with this anime theme shit.
>>
>>2434595

Feng only sees the 'legit' side of things.

Nowadays the only thing that matters is facebook likes and popularity.

Look at the polish photobash mafia and where they are now.
>>
>>2434753
>Miku is a hag
you take that back you son of a bitch.
>>
>>2434753
Because drawcrowd fail to be cghub and lose to artstation.
>>
>>2434764
>Nowadays the only thing that matters is facebook likes and popularity.
Topkek. It's nothing. It's social media. Who cares about your facebook?
>Look at the polish photobash mafia and where they are now.
And where they are?
>>
>>2434595
So what's this video talking about? Anyone got a TL;DR?
>>
>>2434786
tl;dr: 1 hour per day not good enough, 16h per day good, school creates an environment where you can achieve that

personally I liked the video, he gave several tips from which one really helped me boost my millage
>>
>>2434767
>artstation
Not using CG+
>>
>>2434789
>16h per day good

Damn. Does he at least go over the health issues behind that? Drawing 6+ hours a day, and my arm gets sore very quickly.
>>
What's wrong with 1 - 3 hours a day? I know more hours is better, but why not just 3 hours a day?
>>
>>2434822
It's meme. He said 5-6 is good
>>2434831
Watch his video
>>
>>2434836
Damn. Will have to wait till I get out of work. Will do.
>>
>>2434771
>And where they are?

working at studios. hired. making... i dunno ... 40-60k or whatever. they will become lead and senior artists soon enough because that's just the way things are.

popular = good

sad world we live in.
>>
3 Hours a day is all I have to commit, and not even that. Have to use the Pomodoro type timer to keep myself on track. Make sure those 3 hours really count, which is part of the problem outlined.

Actually get the best practice out of magazines/artbooks, or save a bunch of images and disconnect the internet router itself.

Not ideal, but it's all I got. Not planning on making it *big* either, just enough to have fun and earn some side money.
>>
>>2434856
>it's doomsday_anon again
Yeah, sure.
>>
>>2434856
>>2434771
>>2434764
Do you guys actually believe the things you say? I'm sure you can't even name most of the Hollywood and triple AAA concept artists asides from the ones that shill themselves like crazy on social media.
>>
>>2434836
While I doubt Feng's crew does 16+ hours. I do believe they do at least 10 hours a day. Feng might be seeing 16 hours because he is very proud of his students.
>>
File: Not-Gonna-Make-It Note.jpg (146 KB, 605x345) Image search: [Google]
Not-Gonna-Make-It Note.jpg
146 KB, 605x345
>>2434913
>3 Hours a day is all I have to commit

Whatever helps you sleep at night
>>
I thought he sounded like an entitled faggot when he said he moved out of the house because his parents were "looking out for him"
>>
>>2434789
>Going on the wrong path

I wonder what this would imply.
I'm guessing most of us are on the right course, seeing as how we have a library of video lectures and books telling us how to approach certain subjects. I know I have characters I want to draw, but I suck at art and my characters look like shit. So, basically learning what the guy said in the video, a lot of anatomy, perspective, etc, just fundamentals.

The feedback part of the video I couldn't relate to.
Taking up CGMA and Schoolism, I'd love it if teachers told me I was lacking fundamentals so I would know what to work on. Instead, it felt like I spent over $5000 on cheerleaders saying "you're doing so well, keep going" which sucks, seeing as how people would get 20+ minute crits, where my videos would only be around 4 - 6 mins long of the instructions going on saying "oh, I love this thing that you were drawing. Let me talk about it for 3 minutes and just say youre doing awesome". Annoying.

>Making sounds while drawing
Oh god, so glad other people do this. I thought I had some serious brain damage. Even when gesture drawing, since I love Vilppu's methods, I tend to make splash noises when trying to find the "flow".

Overall, great video.

>personally I liked the video, he gave several tips from which one really helped me boost my millage

Mind sharing what those are? Or was this video more motivational?
>>
>>2435162
Parents can be pretty annoying fampai, especially asian parents I imagine. I love my mom but whenever she busts up into my shit and starts talking to me about something unrelated it totally ruins my flow. She also drinks like 12 cans of diet soda a day and I'm usually the one that ends up going to get more and paying for it. Shake my head my literal family member.
>>
I sketched some stuff out while listening to that
>>
>>2435116
I know I'm not going to make it, and not even trying, as I said with my last sentence. I'm just doing it for fun and enjoy the minor improvements I make with every passing day.

Anyways during the podcast the numbers as far as hours were about 2000 for 6 hours a day, as was recommended (but more the better). The problem with 3 hours a day were not that it was just short, but that people lost focus, resulting in less hours overall. But if one keeps focus at 3 hours a day, with 6 hour blocks on their days off at the end of the year it's 1400 hours. Which isn't terrible comparatively.

I know we're artists and all, but being able to communicate is still important, and with your reading comprehension and listening skill being overwhelmed by your need to shitpost, I have serious concerns about your future.
>>
>>2437144
600 hours is a bit of a difference. The audience he's addressing in this podcast is people who want to make it professionally, 600 hours a year is a lot of difference. If someone has 600 hours on you, and gains that much every year, you will outclassed very quickly.
>>
>>2434744
they are too high
>>
File: Fotografie-0001.jpg (1008 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
Fotografie-0001.jpg
1008 KB, 1000x750
>>2435193
>Mind sharing what those are? Or was this video more motivational?
sure, I forgot pretty much all all of them except for one because when I heard it it hit me

he said at a moment to limit something which you enjoy based on how much you drew. and I remembered I like bananas so much I eat like 5 per day

after this it was easy to come up with a rule:
> 2h (of drawing) = 1 banana

pic related, yesterday was a very busy day at my job. started at 7.30am and finished at 10pm, add in commute, eating and toilette and there you have it, no banana for me. for the other days I have no excuse tho, at least now I can see how much time I waste
>>
>>2434595
I think he's talking about people who are looking to become professional and get a high-paying job out of this. As he said himself, 20 years ago in the concept art industry 3 hours would've been fine, but now the competition has changed and the standard has risen.

But if you don't strive to become a professional artist and just doing this as a hobby? Don't think you need to kill yourself over it.
>>
>a ping ching chong 3 hour a day no good come to my school we draw 25 hours a day only 20 thousand $$$
>t. generic photobasher

No thanks, Feng.
>>
>>2434595
I just want to draw girls, like the op you posted, not make space marine concept art for tripple A carbon copy of the year. I'm gonna make it just fine.
>>
>>2437475
Post some :)
>>
>>2437516
Post some what?
>>
>>2437475
The same thing matters on every side of the drawing spectrum. Discipline needs to be constant. If you're going to draw the best girls you can, you need to focus on the goal. You don't need to do professional hours, but you need to find as much time as you're willing to do it. And focus on it.
>>
On the topic, I actually thought this video made me realize the reality of art

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbN8wbRz9i8
>>
I just marathoned 30 of his videos. dude really is a machine.
>>
>>2437364
>2h (of drawing) = 1 banana

I like this. I'm always eating bananas, and well, this can go a long way for me as well. It's strange how something so simple can come up as almost an amazing idea. Thank you for that reply.
>>
>>2438156
>On the topic, I actually thought this video made me realize the reality of art
what do you mean?
>>
I'm asking you if this is possible as I want to get good.

So I work from 9:30 to 17:30 with an hour break and that is a tech job.

My job wants to make me kill myself so I want to become an artist.

So I was thinking

Weekdays I was thinking
7:30-9:00, (1 and half hours)
1 hour at 12:00 (1 hour)
6:00-00:30, (6 and half)
So that totals 8 and half

On weekend
07:30-12:00 4 hour 30 minutes
13:00- 00:30 11 hours and 30 minutes
Total 16 hours

(8.5 * 5) + 16 = 58.5 hours a week,
About 3,000 hours a year.

That feel when even if you devote all your time to art you won't get good in a year as you need 10,000 hours.
>>
>>2434595
Feng Zhu talks about becoming a concept artist and making it into the industry which is literal hell. As a hobbyist that wants to stay a hobbyist forever I don't give two fucks. As a normal person with a job it's not viable to draw that much but of course someone who does this 6 hours a day will become 3 times faster good than me.
>>
>>2439231
>3 times faster
I guess even faster than that. I suppose when you draw for hours for weeks and months in a row your mind is being tuned for learning this specific field. Someone who draws for a few hours at one day or another will be just learning lessons.
>>
>>2439233
My schedule is drawing one hour a week and being depressed the rest of the week that my piece turned out to be shit.
>>
File: 1456097509901.jpg (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1456097509901.jpg
9 KB, 250x250
>>2439235
>being depressed the rest of the week
You're a massive shitter. Don't use 'muh depression :((' as an excuse.
>>
>>2439262
Name better excuses then.
>>
>>2439235
>taking 1 hour to make one drawing
If you're at the level I think you are you would benefit more from doing lots of 1-5 minute sketches and filling papers / sketchbook pages.
>>
>>2439264
I'm saying depression isn't an excuse.
>>
>>2439264
Taking time to improve yourself
>>
>>2439215
>No time to do anything but draw.

This can not be sustainable. Every time you need to shit, eat, piss, blow your nose. Do anything but art and you break this schedule.

You're just being silly. To get in 10,000 hours in a year to 'git good' you'd need to work about 27 hours a day.
>>
File: 68.jpg (40 KB, 342x298) Image search: [Google]
68.jpg
40 KB, 342x298
>>2434739
You weren't kidding.
>>
>>2434739
Holy shit if it isn't laggy.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.