[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone knows if doing Graphic Design is a good first step to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: nyfa-graphic-design-1400x500.jpg (150 KB, 1400x500) Image search: [Google]
nyfa-graphic-design-1400x500.jpg
150 KB, 1400x500
Anyone knows if doing Graphic Design is a good first step to practice and get into the Animation Industry???
>>
Anyone knows if making Italian food i a good first step to practice and get into the Food Industry?

Your question is retarded and reeks of underage bullshit.
>>
It's not a bad step, however the stuff you learn in graphic design is useful but misses a lot of elements you'd need to learn to be successful at animation. Personally I think you'd be better of going into illustration. You'll learn more relevant skills that way.

To use a really loose metaphor, learning to be an interior designer isn't a bad way to learn about furniture, but you're probably better off studying carpentry if you want to make furniture.
>>
>>2433917
Graphic design is about visually communicating messages through the use of imagery like magazines, logos, icons, layouts, etc.

Animation isn't that.
>>
I think I can guess your situation as it sounds like mine, you're looking at art schools and are limited by the choices they offer and you're wondering if you could take a roundabout entry point towards something else that you want to end up doing.

The question is, cut out that soul-searchy middle time and just go for animation. Graphic design will depress you if you're not into it, especially if I was right and you are looking at schools. People around you will be passionate about fonts and that might disturb you (my gf is a GD student and it freaks me out)

yeah self projecting hard but hope it helps anyways
>>
>>2433917

no, absolutely not. it's creative work that is both artsy fartsy (to the average person) but the two have very little in common when we are comparing the professions.
>>
>>2433917

graphic design teaches a little of everything, but if you wanna go for animation go straight for it
>>
>>2433917
>Graphic Design
Usually when you talk about Graphic Design you talk about logos, fonts and layout.
>Animation Industry?
And usually when you talk about the animation industry it's the Pixar-kind of- 3D animation that is the topic.

>Classic 2D Animation
Look at french schools. I think there's few that teaches this
>Anime weeabo shit
Study at home, learn Japanese and never get a job.
>Motion Design
Graphic design animated. Look at advertisement, UX&UI

Depending on what you want to do you might want to research the subject and come back with a proper question.

sauce. work as UI art fag
>>
It's not related. Graphic design might give you few concerns about comunication; composition, design, narrative. And tools to plan your work process accordingly to your project, rather than just going yolo.

But it's not worth doing a curse if you want to get into animation. Learn design foundations on your own if you're curious.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.