[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need our advice, I'm a shitty artist, trying to copy off
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: foric.jpg (756 KB, 920x668) Image search: [Google]
foric.jpg
756 KB, 920x668
I need our advice, I'm a shitty artist, trying to copy off of others and going through loomis and drawabox. I'm at the point where I want to draw daily and make money off of that, that's the one thing I enjoy. So I thought getting into tattooing would do the trick, as a lot of tattoo artists aren't real artist. No offence but it seems like you just copy and trace. that's not exactly what i want but it would be a start.

I'm interested in getting a apprenticeship, give me your advice here, what would you as a tattooer like to see? what should i put in my portfolio? how should i present my self?

What should i bring? my sketchbook? Or just finished works? should i be pretentious and act like i only come up with photorealism or oldschool?
>>
File: DSC_0667.jpg (2 MB, 3872x2592) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0667.jpg
2 MB, 3872x2592
halp
>>
go kill yourself
>>
>>2433883
All of the tattoo artists I've know are egomaniac borderline-junkies. Compliment them, demonstrate that you're competent at producing "tattoo style" work (ie, oldschool sailor jerry crap like your pic related), appear to conform to the copy-trace norm, while perhaps displaying a bit of creativity (but not too much because it would probably turn them off)

Once you're in you can drop the act and start building client relationships, and taking creative liberties with people that trust you etc. Just remember that you'll have to churn out a lot of cherry blossoms and anchors either way. Don't be resentful of this thinking it gets in the way of your "real art". It's for $$.
>>
>>2433883
spreading degeneracy in all corners eh faggot OP? well you can do it without my help son!
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.