[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ic/ I wanted a nice screen tablet and my stupid fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: fad.jpg (8 KB, 222x216) Image search: [Google]
fad.jpg
8 KB, 222x216
Hey /ic/

I wanted a nice screen tablet and my stupid fucking mom got me a waicom bamboo tablet.

Is there a good use for it, I'm having problems drawing on it because I can't see what I'm drawing.
>>
There's not a single piece of art produced by a Cintiq that couldn't have been produced on a Bamboo in a comparable time frame.

Use it every day for almost every task until you get used to it--old clicky games work well for hand-eye training. Set it to tablet mode from the properties panel if it's in mouse mode. Keep your eyes on your screen, not your tablet. Draw a lot.

Remember, the artist makes the tools work for him, not the other way around. If you're a shitty artist, a $3000 Cintiq won't fix that. Likewise, if you're a great artist, you'll create great art with a Bamboo.

Also, don't shit-talk someone who just bought you a nice gift, you asshole. The cheapest decent screen tablet is ~$1000, and odds are that your mom's not as loaded as you think she is. If you want one, start drawing commissions with that perfectly functional Bamboo, save up, and buy one yourself.
>>
>>2432086
Yeah the only decent cheap one is the huion gt220 not sure about burgerland but that's £500 Brit bongs new
>>
>>2432036

Brain dead artist needs a screen tablet.

Just practice on a tablet and you will get used to it. Screen tablet is worse because your hand is in the way.
>>
>>2432036
fuck off for dirt talking your mummy you faggot
>>
>>2432101
As someone who used an Intuos 4 Medium since 2009, and just got a 22HD Cintiq Touch, I promise you the Cintiq is a million times better.

Your hand "getting in the way" is not even remotely an issue.
>>
>>2432311

Post work?
>>
>>2432311
I'm not that anon, but it was an issue for me with cintiq. Another annoyng thing was that your hand's movements are 1:1 to how the cursor is moving, so your hand moving much more so it gets a bit tiring and it slows me down comparing to a regular tablet. And paralax is still there which is a bit annoyng. Of course you will get used to it overall, but to be honest for it's price you can buy yourself a nice pc, great monitor and a new Intous. So, it's not worth the money for sure.
>>
>>2432036
wow your mom sounds like a dumb bitch.
>>
>>2432036
>I'm having problems drawing on it because I can't see what I'm drawing.
How is this different from a decent tablet like Intuos?

You just look at the cursor and imagine it's your hand. Done
>>
>>2432036
>I'm having problems drawing on it because I can't see what I'm drawing.
You're supposed to look at your subject when you draw anyway, so how is this an issue?
>>
if you practice with it for a few weeks it'll start to feel natural.
>>
File: 8e7.png (74 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
8e7.png
74 KB, 1024x1024
oh you guys
>>
mom makes effort of buying you something and you insult her?

murder yourself you piece of shit
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.