[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we get a Brush thread? I got a new computer and lost all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: Brushes.png (387 KB, 1232x969) Image search: [Google]
Brushes.png
387 KB, 1232x969
Can we get a Brush thread?
I got a new computer and lost all my custom Brushes I made, now I need to gather intel
>>
>>2429759
Second'd. I don't have any to share sorry anon, but in my case I just got a new computer after five years that can handle art programs and I hate the default brushes
>>
>>2429759
every thing you see is a brush
for example this thread >>2429662
>>
>>2429759
Is that jinx?
>>
>>2429792
Pretty sure it is,I just googled the image and found some o f this useful to me
>>
>>2429793
based
>>
>>2429759
bbump
>>
>>2429759
better install painter 2015 and stop using subpar alternatives
>>
Anything for clip/manga studio?
>>
Would like some brush advice for Photoshop.

Want to get some nice dry brush strokes, but can't really find anything. Found this package with long, custom brush strokes, but the only way to use it is with rotation jittering, and I feel like I have very little control when using it, and feel like I don't learn much with it.
>>
Where do you get a spray brush?
>>
Download Ahmed Aldoori brushes and you're set for life
>>
the kyle megapack has a lot of solid brushes. the shiyoon kim brushes are nice too.
>>
what about a brush for inking in photoshop?
or is it a lost battle and i should go into SAI or Manga studio? if so what brushes with these?
also, im not sure if this is because i have a bamboo but its so fucking tedious to ink
not to mention that i kinda lose something in between the sketch and inks
>>
>>2434283
>>
http://digitalbrushes.tumblr.com/
Good collection here
>>
Hey! I had no luck in questions thread so I'll try here.

Anyone knows of a brush in Krita that would work like what the guy uses in this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC3OxonJcXQ

Or if not, any advice on how to make it? I've been messing with settings for a couple hours now and I can't even.
>>
>>2431585
Seconding
>>
>>2434640
>>2431585
Try Frenden's stuff http://frenden.myshopify.com/#_=_
>>
When should I start trying custom brushes? I still use the default round ones
>>
Mandatory rant wondering why the hell photoshop doesn't have a better system for brush management.

Seriously, other programs have figured this shit out by letting you categorize your brushes but photoshop seems to insist on throwing them all in the same stupid place and force you to use their garbage brush manager that doesn't even let you test brushes while you have it open.

If not for it having a few functions I can't easily replicate elsewhere I'd have ditched it just for shit like that. People have been asking adobe to fix it for years.
>>
I've got some random fucking brushes that don't show up in the brush presets, but they're in the brush toolbox
>>
Protip -

In Photoshop, try using the Pencil tool instead of the Brush tool with all your favorite custom brushes. You can still work with pressure sensitivity, but the edges of your brushes will be aliased. This will help create super sharp strokes that can create amazing, crunchy textures, especially if you're working with a textured brush.
>>
You know, I didnt think anyone actually drew on photoshop
I thought everyone used other stuff like Sai and Manga
>>
>>2435401
Those are better programs for it since they have built in stabilizers for lineart
>>
>>2436014
There are other features too, like tool shift, thats not as clunky as PS and better driver support
>>
>>2434673
Got the biggest set with everything, there's just so much (and good ones from my amateur testing) that I don't know what each is good for. Just too many for a noob like me.

Don't regret buying it at all.
>>
>>2435401
Some people find it comfortable to draw in. My school has a digital painting class that utilizes photoshop. I want to take it DESU.
>>
File: pain.png (448 KB, 697x622) Image search: [Google]
pain.png
448 KB, 697x622
>>2434673
It's all for Photoshop and nothing for Clip Studio Paint.
>>
>>2438768
Only the first two sets of the six are Photoshop, rest are Manga Studio (which is also Clip Studio Paint)

Fuck man do you even read? Frenden's linked stuff was in direct reply to...
>Anything for clip/manga studio?
>>
Does anyone here use Sketchbook Pro?
>>
Just a friendly reminder to always back up your software presets along your artwork and other personal files.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.