[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The only true form of art is Hyperrealism https://www.youtu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 10
File: 13f4f8f1d0161be7.jpg (41 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
13f4f8f1d0161be7.jpg
41 KB, 1136x640
The only true form of art is Hyperrealism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmmR4F7Np2g
>>
>>2428712
>the only true from of art is to be a camera.
>>
>>2428721
Not intended to be funny. I'm convinced that other "abstract" forms only exist as other artist's excuse to compensate for their lack of abilities to draw realistically. Most "abstract" art like pic related has no meaning. It takes no effort at all really and is only known because the composer was an aristocrat and generally gained credibility by his nobility, not for any sort of talent. That's how it has really always worked in the art field.
>>
>>2428712
needs loomis
>>
>>2428726
Allow me to refer you to a comment in the video:

>I am very sad to see all of those comments saying: "its pointless"; "we have printers"; "a waste of time" ... people don't get the point. You see, in some sense, everything you do in your life is pointless because you're going to die anyways... right? No.
Things dont have to have a point. They can be enjoyable. Or entertaining. Or challenging. Or simply fun.
Why do you play games? Do they help you to survive? Of course not. They give you a challenge. Like drawing a photorealistic image. And, trust me, this is a challenge that, if you overcome it, can be very satisfying and give you a feeling that nothing else can. So think twice before you type something, that doesen't belong under a such beautiful peace of art.
>>
>>2428734
>what is design, composition, lighting, narrative
yeah the artist in the video is more impressive than that and many other abstract arts but he's probably limited to other things like say doing gestures quicky or painting a realistic scene from imagination etc. maybe not, though.
>>
Good technical skill, not good art.
>>
>>2428737
of course it's impressive but people like looking at things like forests or the night sky or any number of things for pleasure, not just the human face. so it's not the only true form of art.
>>
>>2428748
>of course it's impressive but people like looking at things like forests or the night sky or any number of things for pleasure, not just the human face. so it's not the only true form of art.

Hyperrealism isn't just confined to the human face. Are you kidding me? Look at the word! It encompasses anything that is drawn realistically.

Take a look at this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF1SQLWV5io
>>
>>2428712
Hyperrealists didn't have the spark so they became human cameras.
>>
>>2428752
Sorry, wrong artist. His drawings aren't that realistic.

This one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuBiaRO8QOk
>>
>>2428752
right but people don't like only looking at things that are realistic, it's fun to watch cartoons for example. again it's not saying hyper realism isn't more impressive just that people enjoy a variety of things. I like drawing portraits and want to git as gud as possible but still like and admire fantasy art.
>>
>>2428734
yeah right, that's also why Picasso got famous for his abstract paintings and not for his realistic oil paintings from his teens
>>
>>2428771
>not for realistic oil paintings

and why would he get famous with his dad's paintings?
>>
>>2428737
The problem isn't people who think it's impressive

It's people who think it's the MOST impressive form of art simply because it looks real. These people generally just know nothing about art.
>>
>>2428712
These kinds of artworks always look a lot more interesting when they're unfinished.
>>
if just copying exactly what you see with nothing else is true art then im glad i dont do true art. Hyperrealism is great and all but also very forgetable. I see no soul in the pictures. just a photocopy. inpressive but after 2 minutes ive already gotten anything worth having out of the picture. Art is more that making exact copies. You have to put your soul in the paper and you cant get that from a photocopy.
>>
>>2428854
I agree that art is more than making exact copies. I work towards realism as a skill so I can depict anything I would like. I don't want to create hyper realistic work. OP mentions in another post that abstract work has no meaning. I cannot think of anything having less meaning that an almost exact replica. It is purely form.
>>
File: march-5-2016-1.jpg (359 KB, 675x900) Image search: [Google]
march-5-2016-1.jpg
359 KB, 675x900
>>2428712
i could draw him under the table. give the two of us a model and 20 minutes and we'll see who makes the better drawing ;)
>>
Being able to hone your observational skills and your control to the point where you can do hyperrealism takes a lot of skill and practice.

It's still kind of a useless end goal though. Doing a portrait like that would make a great exercise, but getting good at art just to copy photographs with no input of your own seems like a waste of time and effort. Get a camera.

Now what I can appreciate is a realistic drawing that also takes artistic liberties to create an appealing end product. Not all realism is being a human photocopier.
>>
>>2429061
You the guy who draws the lumpy hands? You keep getting more and more delusional with every post
>>
>>2428778
Serious question. I know a little bit about Picasso and his father being an art instructor. I feel like an idiot for never even questioning how much influence or even assistance his father may have had in his early work. If you can share any specific text I would appreciate it.
>>
>>2429106
I would say it's not something to look into, his later works are much more interesting anyway Nobody knows exactly.
>>
>>2428712
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmmR4F7Np2

he should have drawn a hot chick.
>>
File: sXBPb1r4zk4z_400.jpg (98 KB, 343x317) Image search: [Google]
sXBPb1r4zk4z_400.jpg
98 KB, 343x317
>>2429067
wew.
>>
>>2428756
This is only time this shitty meme made me chuckle a little.
>>
>>2428712
That's not sculpture
>>
No you fucking retarded piece of shit, it's like the LEAST artful form of "art". It's 100% copying something with perfection, there's absolutely NOTHING creative at all, NOTHING. Your statement must be the most retarded thing I've heard in a few years, and I hear a lot of retarded shit.
>>
>>2428808
>>2428808
>>2428808
>>2428808
>>2428808
THIS
THIS
THIS
THIS
THIS
>>
File: 1456974473333.jpg (264 KB, 807x1024) Image search: [Google]
1456974473333.jpg
264 KB, 807x1024
With hyperrealgay you make squares and just copy the squares, yay faggot you copied an image using a million hours, yay you have no skills. FUCK OFF FAGGOT L2REAL ART NIGGERCASTE OF WHITE SOCIETY
>>
File: philip-glass.jpg (2 MB, 1900x2423) Image search: [Google]
philip-glass.jpg
2 MB, 1900x2423
>>2429061
You probably could too. The guy is just a human printer, we've seen no evidence of his creativity.
>>
File: hans makart.jpg (360 KB, 840x1500) Image search: [Google]
hans makart.jpg
360 KB, 840x1500
>>2428734
>there is only hyperrealism and abstract art

You are retarded and you know nothing whatsoever about art. Also, realism and impressionism requires a thousand times more skill than hyperrealism / photorealism. Hell, anime requires more skill.
>>
>>2429869
nigga anime requires the most skill of all art
>>
>>2428734
Both ends of the extreme are a silly.
>>
>>2429875
>nigga anime requires the most skill of all art
Fuck out of here, you nonce.
>>
>>2429875
I was more thinking about average anime style illustations when I wrote that. Obviously actual animation is on a whole different plane of existence in terms of skill requirement compared to copying photographs.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.