[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone know how to translate these runes, I need to know what they say
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: alkflk35.png (511 KB, 1857x699) Image search: [Google]
alkflk35.png
511 KB, 1857x699
Anyone know how to translate these runes, I need to know what they say
>>
File: l2k3f4.png (533 KB, 887x805) Image search: [Google]
l2k3f4.png
533 KB, 887x805
>>2428398
>>
bump for interest
>>
It seems to be referring to composition, the second being geared more towards composition with a single person/figure in mind.

I'll provide a more thorough translation in a bit.
>>
>>2428398
The image on the left roughly says:

Title: The Language of Foundations

First drawing: Here is a composition in a uniform condition. As you can see, everything appears the same.

Second drawing: Now, the top left's object has become larger. Thus, the viewer's eye is drawn to the top left. (The color has changed as well.)
>>
>>2428754
The right roughly says:

Title: Examples

First Row: 1 on 3, 3 on 1, 2 on 2, and only 1 standing out with others.

Second Row: While making the balls, consciously draw in suitable subjects.

Bottom: It is fun to see how the ball's form changes to completely different figures
>>
>>2428401
This is just saying "this is what my thought process looks like when drawing a single person."

When drawing one person usually three balls will be enough.

The rest is pretty self explanatory; mostly talking about how the balls establish a hierarchy by becoming limbs, hands, feet, knees, or head, with the remaining challenge just coming down to bringing those forms together.
>>
Also I'm not particularly good at the moon so take what I said with a grain of salt and hopefully some proofreading
>>
>>2428754
>>2428790
>>2428798
awesome thanks anon
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.