[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone else have this shit? it's fucking ruining my career
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: snow.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
snow.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
anyone else have this shit? it's fucking ruining my career
>>
>>2428112
I guess I do.
Maybe that's why I'm so bad at color mixing
>>
>>2428112
>>2428120

>rare condition

fuck off before everyone on ic start to claim they have an obscure condition as an excuse to being shit
>>
>>2428112
Everyone have it, if it's so bad you can't see, then go see a doctor.
>>
>>2428121
But you could just roll with no color like Kim Jung Gi.
>>
>>2428121
haha I definitely don't want to deter anyone from trying their hardest and pursuing what they love. I've had it all my life and it's been manageable and I've become a pretty talented artist regardless. But the last few years especially it's gotten worse and become a hindrance. It's frustrating and debilitating and disheartening and I wonder how other artists have coped if they have it. Forums for it everywhere else just obsess over different drugs that don't work and it's annoying.
>>
>>2428112
You fucking did it any way you fucking cunt no one cares. Stop making shit threads!
>>
>>2428124
supposed to see a neruo-ophthalmologist in a few months, but it's not like there are viable treatment options. It's mostly just to get a more in depth diagnosis. Saw a few others before him and I was treated pretty skeptically since it's so common.
>>
>>2428135
not so common*
>>
>>2428130
i have it kinda mildly to where at best everything looks like film grain which is kinda neat but it causes weird noise/movement things to happen to where straight stationary lines have a weird wobbly shakey look to em

i'm pretty good at the drawing thing regardless, but colors are tricky, still it's not that much of a hindrance unless it progresses to the point that everything looks like a really shitty crt television
>>
>>2428135
>>2428139

no one wants any tickets to your pity party.
>>
>>2428139
how's your night vision? for me during the day it's tolerable but the insides of shadows vibrate so much now it's difficult to make out details. so in low lighting I really struggle
>>
>>2428143
if it's dark or if i'm REALLY tired i see constant movement of flickering black shadow things on the very periphery of my vision, anything i look directly at looks perfectly fine but with a bit of grain

i didn't even know this was a thing until this thread, lol, i thought it was just a normal thing to see light amounts of visual noise

also lol at whoever this mad person in the thread is, it's okay anon, keep grindin the fundamentals, you'll get there one day, i believe in you
>>
This shit.
>>
>Ultra rare condition, if it's even real.

>Suddenly 20 anons post having it.

Suuuuuuuurrrrrreeeeeeeeeee.
>>
>>2428356

Anything to use as an exuse for not gitting gud
>>
>>2428139
for me it happens a few hours right before a terrible migraine and then it stays for the rest of the day
>>
>>2428356
Do you not have it?
Is everything you see just smooth?
>>
>>2428394
Why the fuck would it be surprising that he doesn't have it? I thought it was rare
>>
>>2428112
OP, smoke weed. No I'm dead serious. Smoke weed or get your hands on CBD capsules (Now legal in all 50 states). My vision does this and sometimes it becomes difficult to see because it sort of makes details smudge together, especially finer details. While I just take a couple hits and I'm fine, CBD should help just fine too if you're not interested in the high.

It clears my vision, makes things easier to see and focus on so long as I don't get TOO high (get too high and your art suffers because you lose your motor skills but if you don't take too much it's great).

I mean think of it, it's a treatment for glaucoma, so of course it helps with this.

Try it, OP, what do you have to lose?
>>
>>2428400
I don't believe anyone else in this thread has it. Everyone has some "static" in their vision because of how the eye operates, this isn't the same thing as what OP is describing and what I believe I have it (Undiagnosed amittedly) but it genuine affects my vision, driving sometimes becomes difficult because of it.

>>2428139
What this nigger is describing is normal vision. Everyone' vision does this,and the brain usually ignores it so you can see clearly. It becomes apparent when you focus on it. For me and presumably OP it never goes away unless we find treatment, and for me that treatment has been cannabis and CBD oil. I'm fortunate enough to live in a legal state so that's easy to find for me. Idk how easy it is to find CBD oil in other states now that it's legal but it should help a lot.
>>
>>2428283
It is normal, retard, you're not a special snowflake. Go back to tumblr. You do not have what OP is describing.
>>
>>2428402
Oh great, now we have degenerate faggots like this wriggling out of the cracks to push their motivation killing bullshit. Will mods just delete this thread already?
>>
>>2428323
FUCK
>>
>>2428323
That thing irritate me all the time.
especially when in bright condition. thought I was seeing some hyper dimensional shit.
sometimes I can't even identify what i'm actually seeing.
>>
>>2428112
I have a vision loss migraine coming on right now.. not the same but i'll be out for the next 12 hours with this, can't do anything, happens every 3-4 weeks and today is a bad time because I have stuff to finish..
>>
>>2428415
CBD doesn't get you high, retard. It wouldn't kill motivationa nd nor does weed if you, as I said, don't take too much. otherwise it ruins your art.

Hence why I suggested the non-psychoactive CBD.
>>
>>2428415
Also I don't think I count as a "degenerate" since, again, I live in a legal state, know what i'm talking about (Husband works in the field) and again, didn't flat-out suggest OP gets ripped to fix it. If you're against cannabis use, that's fine, but at least be educated about it and understand that it can indeed help vision and helps mine.
>>
>>2428112
Every single person has this you dumb cunt. If it wont let you see shit it just means you are going blind, go see a fucking doctor.
>>
>>2428112
yeah I have had VS scince I can remember. I didn't know what it was until two years ago when I searched up my symptoms. It doesn't really effect my art, luckily. I'm pretty much use to it, I can't imagine it being any other way. The only time it majorly bothers me is at night or on a plain white or black wall. In what way is it effecting your art OP?

Also this helps some people apparently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=800f9UNiF4Y
although only for a little bit
>>
No but sometimes I fear I have some weird eye disease that only affects old people that it fucks with me for days. Man why cant scientist perfect bionic eyes already so that I can stop freaking out about my eyes.
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (396 KB, 480x368) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
396 KB, 480x368
>>2428408
>>2428410
why is y'all's so mad tho, everybody on this board need to chill, maybe i don't have it, that's super cool, it means i don't have to worry about it getting worse, but what i would like to know is why real life looks like a less exaggerated version of dr. katz

>>2428391
i do get lots of headaches, mostly mild luckily, maybe it's related to that

>>2428415
from what i understand, weed doesn't kill your motivation, it kills your anxiety, so if the only thing driving you to do stuff is anxiety then you won't do anything. this usually means you should reaccess your goals/what you want out of life, but i guess even that is something you have to want to do which i guess you can't push yourself to do through anxiety because you could just smoke that feeling away
>>
Everyone has phosphenes, few people have visual snow. Sometimes I wonder if there is anyone that can look at a truly solid color without having at least slight hallucinations. This image makes me see rainbow static.
>>
>>2429577
I'm mad because stupid people piss me off. 4chan is an angry place, you want a hugbox? go back to tumblr.

Weed does kill motivation depending on what you're working on, who you are, the strain, whether it's indica or sativa, etc. There's a lot of factors but for the most part it can impair your motor skills which can make working more difficult. For me, that is my problem as well as an inability to focus if I get TOO high so it impairs my work a lot. If I get the right amount though it stimulates my creativity (edoes this when I'm high too so I usually write, or jot down ideas or do thumbnails instead of big drawings at these moments) but when it's not too much I can draw like a fucking machine, stay focused, etc. A lot of people have used weed to focus on their studies and not just artists, or musicians, but chemists, historians, scientists, writers, etc.

but again it depends on some factors.

Also weed doesn't kill your anxiety. it can aid in it and for some, yes, can kill it but for others it can induce it if they can't handle their high (usually newbies) or if the strain is too stimulating (my fiance can't handle sativas in high doses).

Anxiety usually doesn't drive people to draw, it's actually one of the biggest motivation killers. I have awful anxiety, panic attacks and OCD and weed (specifically the CBD) is what helps this. Look into it more if you wanna talk about weed facts because you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

My credentials:
>I smoke literally everyday. I'm stoned right now.
>I live in Colorado, a legal state, so I can freely discuss weed, the science, etc with people EVERY DAY and learn new things every day as well

>my fiance is a plant-science major and works in the cannabis industry and knows more about it than some of the budtenders I've met.

>I keep up on the news involving Cannabis because the science fascinates me, it's an incredible plant whether or not you care about its psychoactive effects.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.