[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do you guys go to get commissions? Do you just go to forums
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: JCL_Santa_Hug.jpg (227 KB, 705x1024) Image search: [Google]
JCL_Santa_Hug.jpg
227 KB, 705x1024
Where do you guys go to get commissions? Do you just go to forums and beg for them? How do you get people to come to you?
>>
>>2427924
Git gud, show up for two years being consistent with a certain theme around your work, and it being good, and you'll get an audience. Once you have that, you can just post up that you're doing commissions if people aren't asking you to do things for them already.
>>
>>2427924
>>2427938 Is right, if you're good, people will contact you. I don't lift a finger and I get enough commissions to pay rent and buy food.
>>
>>2428105
Post your work?
If your able to make that much I gotta see
>>
>>2428105
blog?
>>
>>2427924
Get friends on social media like Twitter and Tumblr. Seriously, I've seen some incredibly mediocre, or even terrible artists get tons of attention on their commission posts just because they have lots of friends online who want to help them and pass it around, and there's always bound to be at least a few people who want to throw their money at you, given enough attention.

And yeah, as >>2427938 already mentioned, consistently drawing one or two specific themes/fetishes/fandoms for a long time will get you a following in time, especially on sites like Tumblr where you can tag your art so people interested in said themes will see. Just posting on some random site about commissions when you have no friends or followers on said site is likely to go mostly unnoticed, unless your art is straight up amazing. Connections and followers are always the key to success.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.