[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Drawing/Digital Painting Program General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: 323.png (152 KB, 480x491) Image search: [Google]
323.png
152 KB, 480x491
General discussion of drawing programs and tips on how to efficiently use them.
Post your advice and questions about what what in the butt does what
>>
File: monhun_grilling.gif (246 KB, 206x172) Image search: [Google]
monhun_grilling.gif
246 KB, 206x172
>>2426356
Use Krita if you want free software
Buy SAI if you want to use it. It's an affordable software, and other softwares should follow it's examples.
Clip Studio Paint is pretty good, and has been at discounts rather often. Keep an eye out.

Animation Software:
Krita is free, and has an animation plugin.
EasyToon is free, but it's almost like the MS Paint of animation. Good for fucking around as a beginner.
TVP is expensive as fuck. No torrent for 11 afaik. It's the objectively best animation software.
Flash/Animate is ok. Havent tried ANIMATE personally, but I enjoy flash, despite it being rather heavy to run. Japanese tend to draw on small canvases, and then upscale before export.

Lastly: Fuck photoshop. Use a software made for drawing.
>>
>>2426419
>Lastly: Fuck photoshop. Use a software made for drawing.

I don't think photoshop deserves the hype of being "the only worthwhile program" that some retards give it because it's industry standard, but it is industry standard.
Many very good artists who produce very good art use photoshop. It's completely functional and has a lot of useful tools. It certainly has some flaws that other programs address, but other programs also have flaws / missing features that photoshop has. It's a give and take.

I'd still vouch for Clip Studio, though. It's pretty good. Personally I alternate between that and photoshop.
>>
>>2426419
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWza5PQA5Zc
>>
>>2426419
PS isn't terrible. Its just not solely for drawing and can be a bit intimidating for noobies. Also, its the industry standard. All professionals use it.
>>
>>2426419
^this
corel painter representing yo
>>
File: 1454015959747.gif (235 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1454015959747.gif
235 KB, 512x512
What are the best Krita brushes?
>>
>When you try to recreate a certain brush on two different software, but the settings are different, so it's near impossible
>>
>>2426664
Hard round.
>>
>>2427345
hard round for noobs
>>
>>2427333
I know that feel. I try to estimate brush settings I see artists use in PS i think would work in SAI and it just doesn't produce the same effect.
>>
>>2426419
>Fuck Photoshop
Do you mean fuck any Photoshop after CS5.
>>
Whats the best PS anyway? I heard I should stick with CS6 and ignore everything else.
>>
>>2427398
CS6 isn't terrible, at least it's not CC.

Also, what are folks' thoughts on Manga Studio? I've been using it for a couple months now, and it's pretty based.
>>
>>2426419
More like use photoshop for what it's for. Editing. Finish your work in a proper drawing software, and enhance it in photoshop. There are some neat photography tutorials with PS that do wonders, instead of muh filter.
>>
>>2427431
>>2427473
CS6 lost most of the key features that made it a good photoediting/painting program. >>2427493
That's debatable to those who have been using the software for years. I'm still trying to get used to Sai ver. 1 and Kritta.
>>
>>2427506
>CS6 lost most of the key features that made it a good photoediting/painting program
So CS5 best PS?
>>
>>2427515
is just bullshit. only thing ps have lost throught its 25 years are some shitty 32 bit plugins nobody cared to update anymore.
>>
What features does Procreate still need before it can replace Manga Studio?
>>
>>2426419
Why recommend SAI when Clip Studio exists? I thought Clip had everything SAI had and more, plus ongoing support?
>>
>>2427561
I like SAI interface, simple as fuck. For me its pretty much perfect, except the 32 bit thing. Fuck that, for real.
>>
>>2427561
Same as that guy said
>>2427572
Plus I have a rather old PC, even in CSP it can lag if I'm working on stuff with some size. SAI never lags on me.It's just an exceptionally fast and light program.
>>
>>2427506
what features did it lose?
>>
Does anyone know of any free alternatives for Widthscribe for Illustrator? Also, are there any neat free Illustrator plugins that you'd recommend?
>>
>>2427572
you can change the UI in csp to be fairly close to sai
>>
File: lRyCppu.png (5 KB, 246x194) Image search: [Google]
lRyCppu.png
5 KB, 246x194
Anyone have any idea how I make this shit stop?
Using SAI
>>
>>2428315
Drawback of the vector feature. But then again it's made for vectors. Just use the regular stablizer brush. Unless you're a logo artist or something.
>>
>>2427572
Had a crack version of 32bit Sai and it still works well in 64bit.
>>
Is Sai 2 a completely different program from regular Sai or is it an upgrade?
>>
>>2429692
is sai 2 even out? I was sure it wasnt.
>>
Why no one here mentioned corel painter?
>>
>>2429700
SAI 2 in beta form has been out in Japanese for a while

>>2427561
This
Even in the newer beta releases SAI is still inferior in every way to Clip except maybe if you're using a decade old laptop, too lazy to learn a new software or want to show off by using an inferior program

I mean fuck, even in price Clip is cheaper especially when there's a discount (at the cost of literally 1 monthly subscription of PS CC). opencanvas is also another one that beats SAI in features

>>2426419
PS is still the best in post processing and editing. For some reason a lot of other drawing programs don't have a colorize layer, so if your process is gray scale to color PS is probably the best
>>
>>2427557
bump since I really like the Pencil
>>
can someone tell me the name of that stream site where you can watch people work on digital art?
>>
>>2429707
l2 ctrl f
>>2426631
>>
File: download_20160304_121146.jpg (211 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
download_20160304_121146.jpg
211 KB, 1366x768
I am so new to this media and its such a pain to work with desu, maybe if i used a cintiqe from school I'll improve?
This is my WIP however im sick of it.
>>
>>2430601
picarto.tv
>>
>>2426419
>fuck photoshop
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.