[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do I have a passion for art?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: jeff watts.jpg (264 KB, 807x1024) Image search: [Google]
jeff watts.jpg
264 KB, 807x1024
Do you think it's right for me?

I appreciate how good looking a piece of art can be. I appreciate all the different textures, shading techniques, and line art etc. I find the improvement process interesting.

Sometimes when I look at certain pieces I just get really excited, especially fantasy or fantastical art that has breathtaking landscapes or worlds you are viewing. Art can really serve as a great reality escape for me. I can just suck myself into the worlds I viewing.

I'm nervous about the networking and self promotion involved to be successful but art is one of the few career options I've considered where I don't really think about money or prestigious positions relating to it.
>>
not gonna make it
>>
>>2425371

Why?
>>
>>2425368
Well, you still can make a living without being a marketing whore. You just have to be good enough so people actually cared about your stuff, and not your persona. Sure, you can get yourself to a better jobs with a shittier skill level, if you know the right people and don't feel any shame in self promotion. This doesn't mean that it's impossible to get those jobs by being good. It is slower though. You will build up a network of clients naturally over time, just by being an okay person and having good work ethics.
>>
You definitely don't have the spark. That's for sure.
>>
>>2425383

This is the new meme.
>>
I enjoy watching movies and looking into the why of its design choices, but that doesn't mean I'd necessarily make for a good director, if at all.
Also, >>2425383 sounds cunty, but chances are that an admission teacher to even the most down-to-earth illustration study would tell you this. If you really were passionate you'd already be into the act of drawing for a while without even considering thinking of asking the Internet about approval. Art is extremely competitive and for relatively low pay too, yet before you there are thousands who wouldn't think twice about it.
>>
>>2425476

I disagree. I think considering whether it's worth it isn't due to a lack of passion, but a sign that your brain isn't rotted.
>>
>>2425476
>>2425476
or you could just be stunted by parents who told you what to do at every step of the way like I was

I only learned that it's 'my' life at the tender age of 22

And now I'm grasping with the concept of 'wanting' something in 'my life'
>>
>>2425487
same here bro, the only difference it's that I've learn what I want when I was 18.so I went ahead and finished my economics high school and tried to get into an art college, didn't make it tho because of lake of skills, and now, at 22, I am in job which I hate, but at least I get time to draw with access at internet (right now I am waiting for my boss to leave so that I can draw)
>>
>>2425368
connection error>
>>
This is a simple answer. Do you like to draw? If yes, then you do.
>>
>>2425736

This.

All those fucking words in the OP and not one of them said you actually like to produce art.
>>
>>2425736
"Do you like to draw?" is a question you ask high schoolers fucking around in art class because they hate woodshop.

>>2425368
You want to do art as a career? Do you like painting and drawing enough to dedicate thousands of hours of your life working an 80, 90, 100+ hour a week job sometimes trying to work 10+ hours a day for decades? The first 2 - 3 years at minimum of that will be just trying to get good enough to even get your first shit level job. Can you sit there in front of the computer/easel and grind away with out even thinking about it and just know this is what you want to do for a job? Thats the question, if the answer to that is no, then no you don't have it.

In reality you shouldn't even have to ask. People who have passion for something just do it, they don't seek outside approval to know they love doing something. Sounds to me like you're in love with the idea of being an artists and not actually making the art.
>>
If you have to ask random people on the internet whether you're passionate about something you're probably not that passionate about it.

Learn to make up your own damn mind.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.