[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Painting in SAI
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 991718787_orig.jpg (276 KB, 1280x1103) Image search: [Google]
991718787_orig.jpg
276 KB, 1280x1103
So I'm traying to paint in SAI but I can't quit get the hold of it, my painting attemps come out as muddy.
Is SAI even good for painting or is it ony good for flat colors?
>>
File: st.jpg (206 KB, 1024x723) Image search: [Google]
st.jpg
206 KB, 1024x723
Any medium can produce muddy colors, it's in the hands of the artist.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (109 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
109 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>2421284
Up the edge hardness, turn off the 'blend' option in the advanced settings (the normal blending slider should be enough), and set minimum density to something like 30-40 if you really feel the need to.
>>
>Is SAI even good for painting or is it ony good for flat colors?

How solid are your fundamentals? The basic functions are all there in sai, so this might be a good moment to review and evaluate your progress.
>>
>>2421292
why use a reference if you are just going to do whatever you memorized
>>
>>2421326
My tools seem to be in line with that

>>2421327
I've painted traditionally and I'm baffled by sai, there are no rules.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 236x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 236x250
>>2421764
>I've painted traditionally

That wasn't the question lol
>>
>>2421284
SAI can be a very powerful painting tool OP even though its associated with weebs using it only to draw anime. You just need to adjust your brushes to mimic proper painting tools.
>>
>>2421284
Use CSP for PS style paitings and textures. It's not good for blending as SAI tho.
>>
>>2421764
>in line with that
Really? That's how I set my opaque brushes (blending set to 15-20) and I have no problems with colors blending when I don't want them to.

As a last resort, use the pen (not ink pen) tool.
>>
>>2422244
Blending isn't an issue for me plus my opaque panting tool is pen.
>>
>>2422244
Wait, which setting is the blending setting? Where is it located?
>>
Whenever anyone talks about sai all I think of is Stephen king's dark tower series.
I can't be the only one.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.