[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any experienced mousefaggots in the board? One-year mousefag speaking.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: mouse.png (7 KB, 464x311) Image search: [Google]
mouse.png
7 KB, 464x311
Any experienced mousefaggots in the board? One-year mousefag speaking.
>>
I use the mouse for pixel art but for drawing? Seems like a waste of your time investment to me.
>>
>>2421152
Are you enjoying your Carpal Tunnel Syndrome yet?
>>
>>2421152
why?

Just draw in hand and at least get some useful skills until you can afford proper gear.
>>
>>2421173
>it's fun
>tablets break frequently
>too late to stop
and the best reason of all
>bragging rights
>>
>>2421218

I've used the same wacom tablet for 15 years. They only break if you buy no brand shit tablets and hold the pen like a horny bull wrestling a young cow
>>
File: the fuck.gif (818 KB, 255x231) Image search: [Google]
the fuck.gif
818 KB, 255x231
>>2421218
>>
>>2421218
tablets don't break

And if you're doing art mainly for bragging rights then you don't have to worry about carpal tunnel

You'll quit before you hurt yourself anyways
>>
>>2421242
I mean, unless you drop them a lot or bend the wires a lot.
>>
File: dogeonpoint.jpg (6 KB, 265x265) Image search: [Google]
dogeonpoint.jpg
6 KB, 265x265
>>2421242
savage
>>
>>2421218
>>2421218
>it's fun
really? Each to their own I guess

Not in my experience. Have never still using my first from many years back, an Intuos 4

>too late to stop
Really?

>and the best reason of all
>bragging rights
It's like bragging about writing code in a normal notepad or that you have not stepped on any cracks on the sidewalk in 4 years where you walk daily. "Impressed" is not the likely reaction. People are just going to assume that there's something not quite right with you, unless of course you can succeed in convincing them that it is fun.
>>
>>2421173
>until you can afford proper gear.
Like pencil and paper?
>>
i find drawing with a mouse good as an exercise in that it forces you to to think more about each mark you make. it's a bit like drawing with your off hand. sometimes i like to warm up with some mouse drawings so when i remove the mouse handicap and switch to the pen it seems easier.
>>
File: kkk.png (57 KB, 945x819) Image search: [Google]
kkk.png
57 KB, 945x819
the first thing i started 'seriously' drawing things with was with a mouse, since it used up no paper and i could use any colors i want as opposed to pencil and paper. its nice since all your skills transfer from mouse to tablet/pencil pretty easily.

but i dont regret getting a tablet at all, after nearly 7 years of drawing with a mouse, a tablet feels so liberating and it opens up so many different parts of drawing that i just couldnt get with a mouse

i like to think that for a mouse user though i was pretty ok, nothing special when compared to other artists

pic related, the nicest thing (in my opinion) that ive drawn with a mouse
>>
File: camel.png (211 KB, 505x301) Image search: [Google]
camel.png
211 KB, 505x301
im trying to learn digital and like it a lot but I cant bring myself to send the money on a tablet. camel anus and testicles is about as good as I can do atm.
>>
>>2422434
Time is money. The current best traditional tablet the Huion Giano is less than $200 ffs.
>>
>>2421152
I'm gunna be honest with you;
you will develop more skill with a tablet/paper
>>2421218
>It's fun
If you're doing it for fun, then fair enough. I drew with a mouse for my first two years of design and it took a lot of getting used to and I enjoyed it. However the improvement when moving to a tablet is noticeable immediately. It'll take a day or two to get used to but there is no going back when you start using the tablet and you will not regret it.
>You improve faster
>You can apply far more advanced techniques
>Far more comfortable

Trust me, I was skeptical at first because it was quite a bit of money but now, I regret nothing

>Break easily
You get what you pay for.
I personally recommend a wacom intuos pro
they are reliable and I bought my first one second hand and have had it for a number of years now. No problems as of yet.

>Too late to stop
yeah....nah. I highly doubt that.
As I said, I started with a tablet for about 2 years and...I stopped

>Bragging rights
Ok, this one confused me.
>Hey, I can do something the most difficult way imaginable to create something that could look 10x better if I did it the standard method
Kudos to you...but I think you will get more bragging rights by improving and demonstrating skill in various ways in which you would usually be limited to.
I mean which sounds better:
>I basically handicapped myself with drawing as I am too stubborn to progress and get the appropriate equipment
or
>Look at this master piece

You're just limiting yourself in progression and style. You can't even practice techniques efficiently on paper.
>>
>>2423081
>Started with a mouse for 2 years
my bad
>>
>>2421218
So what you're saying is, is that you have autism.
>>
File: 1453813900148.gif (872 KB, 285x200) Image search: [Google]
1453813900148.gif
872 KB, 285x200
>>2422439
>traditional tablet
The fuck are you talking about ..
And your suggestion isn't even the best option either.
You smell like a casual 30 km away.

Wacom Connect - 80$ you can buy it RIGHT NOW. I've had it for 4 years and it's still going strong. fuck me...
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.