[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm thinking about getting a surface pro 2 since it has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (104 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
104 KB, 1920x1080
I'm thinking about getting a surface pro 2 since it has the wacom support. Does anyone have an experience with surface 2?
>>
I have a Surface Pro 4

CS2 looks really small on it for some reason, but the machine is alright
>>
>>2417928
How is the 4 for drawing?
>>
>>2417954
I am also interested in this.
>>
>>2417954
every version is better than the last, ill probably get the 6th iteration personally.
>>
I've got a SP3. Love it. Drawing on it works great, though I'm still learning to work digitally. I've only used the Surface Pen and the fact that I can't reprogram the buttons is annoying as fuck, but beyond that it does everything I want.

They let me fuck around with it at the Microsoft booth at the mall before buying it, if you have something like that near you, I'd recommend trying it out for yourself.
>>
It has become my main digital drawing and painting device, it's quite good for my needs but I do wish it had a larger screen.

If you end up buying it get a Bamboo feel stylus (it is way better than the included one) and a small BT keyboard for the kb shortcuts.
>>
>>2417969
hmm I see. Which one do you have, the 128gb?
>>
>>2417921
Check out the CUBE i7 .
>>
>>2417928
high res screen and the program not scaling right.

Anyways, I have the surface pro 4. I love it.
>>
>>2417954
>>2417963
Not him, but I'm using a SP4 for learning to paint digitally. When you're painting, you don't get that N-Trig jitter because you're usually doing short fast strokes.
I don't know if I'd recommend it for linework however.
Pressure sensitivity is good but you have to adapt to the higher initial activation force
>>
How good is the surface 3 for gaming?
>>
>>2417921
jesus even with on screen feedback this artist sucks
>>
>>2417954
>>2417963

I own an SP4 i5
owned a SP1 i5

SP4 + Nice screen size, lightweight, gr8 battery life
SP4 - Digitizer Interpolaion issues with fast individual curves,
abnormally high actuation force. N-trig support is not there for all softwares.

SP1/2 + Great pressure sensitivity, immediate response when pressure is applied, wacom digitizer
SP1/2 - Small screen, not light weight devices, non-existant wacom support, calibraiton does nothing.
Low battery life (with SP1)

I personally would not recommend the SP4, for sketching or painting.
the issues with pressure, driver support, and initial interpolation issues
make it unuseable for long periods.

I wouldn't recommend the SP1/2 Also, the small screen size was really
restrictive, the bad pen tracking was never fixed on either model so it is
a frustrating device to use also.

Honestly don't expect anything great from these devices guys. I returned
my SP4 and got a replacement model to see if i just had a defective device,
the new one has the same issues, so does the display model in my
local computer store.

The issue for me with these devices is that they are uncomfortable to work with,
i'd rather draw without fucking up my hands.
>>
>>2417928
CS2? As in the ancient photoshop CS2?

Yeah that shit doesn't have UI scaling, it was made on an era when 1024 × 768 px on monitors were the bomb.

You should probably use the new version and scale up the UI to 150 or 200%
>>
>>2418678
Op here thanks for that. i feel that later down the line Microsoft will probably send out an update for those problems. I've been researching this Chinese tablet called the cube i7. While there's no customer service like with surface, It's a pretty decent tablet. It has wacom support, you can play games on it such as dota 2 of course on low settings, its just as or more powerful as the surface 3( it has a core m), and is only 350. The only thing that urks me is it doesn't have a full usb port, storage is only 64 , and the micro sd slot only goes up to 64gb. I'll probably might end up buying this tablet, so I'll probably make a thread in a month saying if I like it or not.
>>
>>2418773
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzmCGPSZ_2Q
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.