[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Perspective question round2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: perspective 3.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1293) Image search: [Google]
perspective 3.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1293
Perspective guy back again. Still struggling with this idea of getting a perfect square in perspective. Different guides and people have been talking about running a line from the Station Point at 45deg from the lines drawn to the vanishing points.

But I get different results based upon where I put the station point. Is this correct? Are they all squares, just skewed by perspective?
>>
File: perspective 2.png (285 KB, 1155x752) Image search: [Google]
perspective 2.png
285 KB, 1155x752
From the guide I'm using
>>
>>2417087

Sorry if I'm derailing your thread (I hope someone can answer your question for you) but what is the use for this? Is this one of those things you learn as a concept and kind of have in the back of your head or is there any merit to this when actually creating illustrations? It just seems a bit autistic and impractical
>>
>>2417096
Your question is legit. I want to do more architectural drawings (it's the field I'm in). This guide has shown me how to draw things like arches in perspective, shrinking consistently into the background. I'm not sure how to draw the first one without winging it, though. Is it taller than it is wide? who the fuck knows
>>
Is there no-one else?
>>
If I want to draw a grid of squares on the ground, I'd like to know they're squares too. Maybe eyeballing it is good enough?
>>
I'm currently learning more about the relationship of cylinders with boxes and how they fit properly in perspective

A perspective heavy general would be cool.
Although, people can just use the question thread so idk.
>>
File: cylinder 1.png (664 KB, 786x874) Image search: [Google]
cylinder 1.png
664 KB, 786x874
>>2417322
Cylinders in boxes? Lemme grab some references for that.
>>
File: cylinder 2.png (219 KB, 861x1071) Image search: [Google]
cylinder 2.png
219 KB, 861x1071
>>2417322
2of4
>>
File: cylinder 3.png (516 KB, 865x1077) Image search: [Google]
cylinder 3.png
516 KB, 865x1077
>>2417322
3 of 4
>>
File: cylinder 4.png (416 KB, 863x1071) Image search: [Google]
cylinder 4.png
416 KB, 863x1071
>>2417322
4 of 4
>>
File: IMAG0050_crop_760x780.jpg (424 KB, 760x780) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0050_crop_760x780.jpg
424 KB, 760x780
>>2417383

Thank you anon. Although, I picked up a copy.
>>
>>2417392
I definitely want a physical copy eventually. That book is 10% education and 90% example of fantastic drawings and sketches, sometimes with slightly visible reference lines.

Can you recommend any other resources for perspective?
>>
>>2417401

Other than vandruff's perspective videos and Norling's perspective made easy, I know that drawabox is alright.

Also, Mark's drawing tutorials on YouTube.
He has exercises for treating the common depth perception issues for drawing on 2D surfaces.
>>
>>2417087
Doing it this way in actual drawing is autism.
>>
>>2417498
These are the fundamentals. Kinda like drawing human musculature on a skeleton. Who the hell draws that? People who are trying to learn.
>>
>>2417521
People who are trying to learn should better draw actual fucking drawings incorporating things they learn
>>
>>2417525
Maybe you're new to perspective
>>
so much bother. do professionals actually take the time out to hash all this out?
>>
>>2420051
Professionals have mastered(or at least are really good at) these techniques and types of drawings. Not beginners. OP is learning perspective. Keyword: Learning.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.