[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm having trouble making faces look either male or female.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2121x4500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2121x4500
I'm having trouble making faces look either male or female.
> pic not mine, just one that includes a male and female face for the same person. How do they do it?
>>
>>2417002
god I wish this happened to me, the pic I mean, not the text
>>
>>2417002
how about you post your draws.
>>
Usually, you'd try to make men's facial features look more sharp and straighter lines, while drawing a woman, you'd go for more curvy lines and a softer approach
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>2417007
Here's one I'm working on right now. As you can see the face is a mess.
>sorry in advance if my phone camera rotates it. It does that sometimes
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>2417007
Here's a finished one from about a week ago
>once again, sorry if the camera rotates it
>>
>>2417008
That advice is a little too general and vague
>>
>>2417021
>>2417013

loomis
>>
>>2417002
if thats your fetish then please post more
>>
>>2417013
>>2417021
you don't have enough experience yet, stop worrying about gender stuff. start studying features and head construction instead you can easily manipulate after you get better at it.
>>
>>2417002
Just going off the pic you posted? These are just anime / cartoony conventions, but guys will have thicker, angrier eyebrows, stubbier noses with large nostrils; women will have thin eyebrows and large eyelashes, small pointy noses, and large lips. These are lazy tropes, and not all necessary.
>>
>>2417002
Holy fuck I never knew that this was my fetish
>>
>>2417137
You're welcome I guess.
From what I've seen it's a common fetish but most of the art is shit.
>>
>>2417037
It's like a non-sexual fetish. I really like stuff like this, and I occasionally seek it out, but it doesn't arouse me.
>>
>>2417013
>>2417021
It looks like you see the entire head as a three dimensional object but still draw individual features as symbols.

Other anons are right, you need more Loomis in your life. Worrying about gender really makes no sense until afterwards.
>>
>>2417265
>prepare for ignorance
What's loomis?
>ignorance over
>>
>>2418447
Andrew Loomis is a guy who created some amazing drawing books. The reason why they are fantastic, especially for beginners, is that they teach in a way that forces you to think three dimensionally. This is absolutely essential to git gut.

You can get the books here: http://alexhays.com/loomis/

Check out "Fun with a Pencil" first, it's the most basic.
>>
>>2418491
Thanks
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.