[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I come up with a good art nickname?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7
File: 1449651182522.jpg (484 KB, 752x950) Image search: [Google]
1449651182522.jpg
484 KB, 752x950
How do I come up with a good art nickname?
>>
>>2415190
Cunt destroyer.
>>
>>2415190
Pick a girly name you personally like
>>
>>2415190
"Faggot desu" suits you.
>>
>>2415190
Be a respectable artist and don't.
>>
>>2415191
>>2415195
>>2415197
Wow this place really is a shithole. I just want some discussion of this topic because I have such a common real name that I want to know how to make some kind of online art nickname that doesn't sound terrible.
>>
>>2415212
>sparth
>tehmeh
>ovopack
>not respectable
>>
>>2415213
Butt pirate.
>>
>>2415212
Kind of difficult to make yourself recognizable as an artist when your real name is super common.
>>
>>2415217
I didn't ask for actual name suggestions fucking dumbass. I'm asking what kind of process have any used to get the online nick that they ended up with.
>>
>>2415225
Fisrt chose an elemeent. Amd then a rpg class. And then throw some numbers.

>firemage69

Additionally you can add 'sonic' in the start

>sonicspeedpriest2007
>>
Well, you gotta start by thinking about why you're coming up with this name. Do you want something catchy for establishing your 'brand'? Do you want something that resonates with you personally? What kind of work are you going to be producing? Maybe pull something subtle from a piece of media you enjoy. Just get geared into the creative process, there's tons of different ways you can think of a name. Just don't use some faggy nonsense word like everyone does.
>>
http://starwars.namegeneratorfun.com/
>>
Chemical element+chemical verb:

Hydro(gen)(syn)thesis

just pick something you're passionate about.
>>
>>2415225
Butt buddy.
>>
>>2415241
what if its general scifi?
>>
Are you really asking this?
How about let your art make your name good?
>>
File: 1452523847076.gif (550 KB, 285x375) Image search: [Google]
1452523847076.gif
550 KB, 285x375
>>2415213
>asks a retarded question
>gets retarded answers
>"wow this place is retarded"
>>
You seriously don't have a fun screen name you use for almost everything? Like you shouldn't need help with this.
>>
File: How I got my Name.png (59 KB, 1157x510) Image search: [Google]
How I got my Name.png
59 KB, 1157x510
>>2415190
I just picked something from the comments that appealed to me. I got mine from this lovely little insult.
>>
>>2415319
What is it?
>>
>>2415213
Ass Blaster
>>
>>2415343
oh shit forgot to use it. Souless Automaton. It just fits. Until I can come up with a more professional moniker its what I will stick with.
>>
>>2415348
BlastedAss
>>
No spark
>>
File: 1433149268172.jpg (320 KB, 720x1174) Image search: [Google]
1433149268172.jpg
320 KB, 720x1174
Pick a name that is easy to pronounce, absolute commoncore would be a common name or a word in the dictionary.

Ideally, something that you can say to a complete stranger, and you don't need to spell it out.

If you want to go exotic, then go with something that is short or easy to say/remember. Kojo, Kirno, Kalo, Vado, Bindo, Bando, whatever. The trick is usually consonants followed by vowels (ka, ki, ku, ke, ko, etc), these things are easy to remember because the sound sticks in your head easily.
Japanese names or words work really well for this, but don't use Japanese because it's dumb and there will be a lot of judgment over what a weeaboo you are.

ErikDraws, or ErikArt will make normies immediately know what you do, but I think a lot of other artists will find this a bit pretentious and like you have no identity outside of art.

Don't use numbers.

In the end there are no rules, these are just suggestions. Kr0npr1nz is a retarded username, but because he makes good art most people won't care. In the end the art matters more than the username, but having a decent username is still better than a fucking horrible one.
>>
>>2415190
I use rpg name generator
>>
>>2415257
I guess you're asking this maybe you've ran out of words in your vocabulary. It's a common thing though. I can't give you a specific method, there's lots of sub genres within science fiction and within each there are specific, uncommon but cool sounding words. Now's a good excuse to flip a dictionary and increase your vocabulary!

Pick two words from a science fiction dictionary. Google "Oxford science fiction dictionary". (can't link due to spam filter)

Using a semantic search tool can also do. Use it for more specific themes. I tried linking it but the filter labeled it as spam. Just Google "semantic search tool" and see the top results.

2)Just... scroll across the words. Make a word cloud of what sounds great. Then pair two words (generally an adj+noun) and merge it together. Don't make it too long(7-12 characters). If there is a way to make a nickname out of it then it's even better.

if it makes sense and sounds good then go for it. No need for complicated formulas. Good luck!
>>
>>2415190
I wouldn't unless your name is complicated and difficult to remember, then use it as an alias. Makes no sense to use a nickname when your name is for example Patrick Brown.
You don't really need an art nickname anyways.
>>
>>2415343
(You)
>>
>>2415190
un/common color name + animal name
adjective that usually modifies people + inanimate object
common name + suffix
first half of your first name + second half of last name (or vice versa)
anything + the letter X/Y/Z
Latin name/word/adjective
condense a phrase into one word
a word that sounds like a word but is spelled with letters that sound the same
2-3 word alliteration
>>
>>2415190
Why do you need an art nickname? Do you mean a screenname for your tumblr, or like a name for your online portfolio or something?

If you're thinking about namefagging here just kill yourself now.
>>
>>2416583
had a burst kek, ty anon
>>
Pick the name of an object or a type of food or something you think is kind of funny but not overly stupid and maybe spell it in an interesting way.
>>
spoogedemon
>>
>>2416788
bananar
>>
Zer0Cool
>>
>>2416788
is trumbone a food
>>
>>2415190

lolidestroyer2016

/thread
>>
Go the Kekai Kotaki way and pick something like "Prostate Sunrise"
>>
#NotBeingNeutral
>>
>>2416583
Underrated
>>
How bad is my art nickname? I've been using it for years and don't plan to change it, even though I don't particularly like it. Well, here it is:
uglypatch
>>
>>2416940

Too emo for my taste. Comes off as self-deprecating.
>>
>>2415190
I have some good art names!

Binks
Kuxir
Ludd
Vungel
Savisaar
Bwung
Tolpp
Plumper
Peenisepump
Qwinxer
Zuss
Hommer
Jock
Xixi
Bixi
Värdjas
Bowine
Gigg
Guggel
Tyrone
Munnipea
>>
>>2416986
That was pretty much its conception actually.
>>
>>2416998
Pronouncing every one of those makes my mouth gurgle and it feels gross
>>
>>2416998
would've never expected to see a compatriot on here
>>
I've been considering SiegHeil for a while.
I'm ready for the van to take me.
>>
1) Steal somebody else's username
2) Register the name to every account
3) Report the original username for breaking terms of service
4) Assassinate the OP
5) Congratulations you have the username of your dreams!

It worked for me and it'll work for you!
>>
>>2415190
Just pick a name about something that you're really passionate about. That's what I did and haven't regretted it since.
>>
>>2416838
XxX_EvilShadowZer0Cool420_XxX

>>2416913
poopinmymouth was another good one. I don't even remember the guys name but I'll always remember his website address
>>
>>2417033
> Furfuckerino.
I don't know. Something tells me I'd regret that.
>>
>>2417041
Try XxX_StarFuckNightzMax_XxX
>>
>>2417042
I don't know about that one, but XxX_HorsePussyGalore_XxX has a nice ring to it.
Thanks for helping me out on picking a name, bud.
>>
>>2417000

Well, it's kind of a nitpick really. If your art is amazing no one cares.
>>
Just call yourself JackBlackOfficial, and people might click everything thinking you're JackBlack but they get art instead
>>
>>2415190
Research the origin of your name. Maybe you will find something interesting in older variants of it, or in it's original meaning.
>>
>Keith Kaiser
I should be glad I have such a memorable name.
>>
>>2415222
then make your fucking style/art recognizable
>>
Pick an ancient yet unknown name and you´re done
>>
Just call use your first two inistials and your last name. Like I.C. Wiener. You'll sound artsy as fuck, Senpai.
>>
File: tumblr_o36bj2xLp31rzysq4o2_540.png (183 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o36bj2xLp31rzysq4o2_540.png
183 KB, 540x540
>>2416835
bananart is already taken anon
>>
File: oversmug.jpg (167 KB, 405x412) Image search: [Google]
oversmug.jpg
167 KB, 405x412
>>2415231
that was really funny, made me laugh. I approve of you as a human.
>>
>>2415190
sakimikun
>>
My Rockstar account got fucked so I had to make a new one. It was given a temporary name Decided I liked how it sounded so I stuck with it. Sometimes the name comes to you and you have to decide whether to roll with it or not.
>>
>>2416998
>Peenisepump
>penis pump
>>
>>2415190
adjective noun
>>
>>2418078
ok
>>
Mix abbreviated fantasy words with pig latin and the names of pharmacy drugs until you find something that sounds cool, then check if the search term fails to bring back anything on Google.

Source: Did that myself; now I get a nice little quiet spot on Google search results where there's nothing else listed except a total of 5 or 6 things I've posted online.
>>
>>2415190
I just combined syllables that I liked the sound of until I got a name that I liked and wasn't already in use by anything or anyone.
>>
I remember I use to larp and there was this one kid who dual wielded foam swords. He would introduce him self like this, "They call me blades because i have these 2 swords" but our group told him. "No we arent calling you blades. We will call you "They call me bladez" " Nobody every called him blades. It was always "They call me bladez" Nicknames are dumb. pick some unique name one of your ancestor's had and add it shortening of your last name. viola
>>
I just use my first name. Good thing I'm not named Bill so my gallery is the first result on google.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.