[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who else has issues with procrastination here i feel so empty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: fil.jpg (123 KB, 1578x929) Image search: [Google]
fil.jpg
123 KB, 1578x929
who else has issues with procrastination here

i feel so empty and burned out even if i havent done nothing at all
>>
Read the sticky then, it will motivate you.
>>
>>2414171
Don't forget the Grand Prize.

"Grand Prize
>You drew everyday for a long time, longer than anyone else. Congratulations. You are the best"
>>
>>2414171
I don't know if it's releated to art, but what I like to do while procrastinating is making doodles on my sketchbook, just small weird figures that I don't really think too much over, it might not be good looking but I'm improving my art skills anyway.

If it's not art releated just start having ONE good habit, or start killing ONE bad habit, rome wasn't built in one day so just focus on one problem at a time and you will get out of it in no time.

Hope this helps.
>>
File: Shrug-Doctor.jpg (692 KB, 1698x1131) Image search: [Google]
Shrug-Doctor.jpg
692 KB, 1698x1131
>>2414171
>>2414205
Maybe this will help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLrd9mybAXI
It's a bit sudo sciency but for the most part, it does make sense.
>>
>>2414194
It feels like i have no energy at all to learn. I am quite a beginner and I am drawing for 3 weeks now. At first i had that "hype" and i could it for hours, now I struggle with making more than 20 minutes. I dont how to reignite that passion.
>>
>>2414271
could do it* and I dont know how to reignite*

fuck this
>>
>>2414271
Draw more
>>
>>2414171
bump
>>
you need a goal a schedule and a path forward not to procrastinate. Be working toward something.
>>
>>2414271
>do something for a long time
>get no reward from it
>brain says fuck it

I don't know how most artists deal with it. specially since its difficult for an artist to measure his own progress. maybe make a tumblr or hentai foundry account?
>>
>>2414397
Ha.

You will never make it.
>>
>>2414194

I've been doing that for 25 days and frankly I want to quit everyday

That also doesn't stop procrastination as I procrastinate, but then at 10:30 I draw for an hour and a bit.

I'm not the OP.

My life feels like torture.
>>
>>2414242

That is a nice video I might do it.

I'm guessing I'm sort of doing that now in LAS challenge. If it is 10:30, then I must get out my wacoom tablet and plug it in.
>>
File: 1440962184002.jpg (38 KB, 389x378) Image search: [Google]
1440962184002.jpg
38 KB, 389x378
My problem is that i start with something and halfway i begin to doubt my ideas and i get demoralized and depressed.
>>
>>2414397

I found having a tumblr helps motivate me to draw even when I don't feel like it. It makes me accountable if I want to maintain an increase in followers.

As up their own ass as a lot of people on here get, pretending like they're some monk or hermit selflessly perfecting their craft, the reality is basically everybody enjoys positive feedback and it encourages them to continue. Having a tumblr just gets you that nice feeling of "x many people liked this" or "my follower count is increasing and that feels good!" which encourages you to carry on. It just feels good when you hit 100, 200, 500, 1000, etc followers, or one of your drawings gets really popular. And feeling good is important for forming habits.

It isn't a replacement for getting proper harsh critiques and frequent reality checks, it's just a bit of a motivator to keep you going. Don't let it control you or what you draw (IE "I want to draw x but I know it won't be popular so I won't"), or let it go to your head when a drawing of yours takes off (You can draw shitty fanart or funny things and get a lot of notes).
>>
If you don't love the drawing processes, drawing may not be for you; Try contemporary art.
>>
I have a huge chip on my shoulder from being a failure and my family outright calling me out on it, sometimes abusing me about it.

But art is pretty lackluster for an ambitious person. I don't want to be stuck doing grunt work for $60k/year at some random AAA company as the best possible scenario.

There should be more to life...
>>
>>2414171
you don't have the spark.
>>
>>2414502
Start drawing furry shit then. Then you are depressed from the start.
>>
It's getting worse and worse.
>>
>>2414194
Flawless 22er here, feels great tbhfam
>>
I find that breaking routine is really helpful.

Try going through one day thinking to yourself "is this what I usually do?" and if it is, do something different.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.