[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good thin ballpoints to sketch? I'm currently using Uni
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 8290.jpg (18 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
8290.jpg
18 KB, 600x400
Good thin ballpoints to sketch?

I'm currently using Uni Jetstream, but it keeps leaving ink blotches every where. I bought three of them just in case and every one of them is the same. I'm confused

Is it because of the atmosphere, I live pretty high up on my apartment, so is it fucking with my Jetstream?
>>
it blots because of the heat from your hand.
>>
>>2413542
Hmmm, that might be true

But the casing is pretty far from the actuall ink, does it really affect it?

If so what are some solutions?
>>
>>2413543
I just drop using ballpoint, I didn't bother searching for solutions.

you can confirm it by using a pen that's lying around for a while, if it does not blot at the start then blots after you been using for a while then it's your hand giving heat that's causing the ink to blot.
>>
>>2413541
every few lines try wiping the nib off on something. i just use my jacket sleeve. so less build up. and hopefully less ink blots
>>
>>2413541
Your problem is due to that pen in particular being a hybrid ballpoint. It's ink is somewhere between a classic ballpoint (very oily) and a classic gel pen (very watery).

For a fine point pen (0.7mm) try a Zebra F-301 (or any of their pens that use that refill). Buy a 2-pack of refills when you get it and throw away the one that comes in the pen, the refills will have wax caps and in my experience are always well-behaved with less of a purple hue.

For a medium point pen (1mm) a Bic "Cristal Stick" is fine.

Regardless of the pen, you'll want a paper towel or rag to frequently dab the nib on. Any ballpoint will accumulate balls of ink on the tip, especially if you're drawing lots of long lines and not just writing with it.

source: I've bought a fuckton of pens and Scott Robertson.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.