[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batman fan-art critique
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: batman letteres.jpg (670 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
batman letteres.jpg
670 KB, 2448x3264
posted some x-men art yesterday that wasn't well received, let hear your thoughts on this one
>>
File: janitorrrr.jpg (15 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
janitorrrr.jpg
15 KB, 299x168
OHHHH JANITORRRRRRRRR
>>
Looks bad Todd
>>
>>2413440
Screams 15 year old comic book fan who wants to become a comic book artist
>>
Not terrible. Please understand that when you say "not well received", you should expect criticism, not praise. I liked your picture of Gambit and Iceman even though I had a lot of criticism for you to improve. Other people will of course just make fun of you, but you should expect that on 4chan.
Correct use of perspective, reasonably well done coloring.
The biggest problem I see is the linework, anatomy, shading, and composition.
The contour lines of the characters are lumpy and uniformly thick.
Anatomically, you seem to have good proportions and muscles, but the heads are badly proportioned and the features are ugly. Batman's skull is oversized and his cheeks are too puffy, making him look like a child. Catwoman looks like a man with a moustache.
The shading is wrong overall. The only strong light source is the moon, but the characters have flat uniform shading and there are no cast shadows. There should also be dim light from the city below.
The pose is really boring and actually nonsense. I can see you tried for the dynamic poses of jumping and swinging, but actually, Batman looks like he's sitting and catwoman's whip isn't going to wrap around anything, meaning she will fall to her death I guess.
Get an American or someone fluent with english to copyedit your dialogue. There are grammatical and errors.
You can improve a lot but I am impressed by what you have anyway. Keep practicing.
>>
>>2413473
I suppose my intro sounded jaded, however iam quite greatful of harsh criticism of my work, and again thank u for ur honest criticism,
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.