[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is my art show flyer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
this is the flyer for my upcoming art show that will be held at a gallery in the premier art district in my city. i am showing with my girl. tell me what you think?
>>
It doesn't include a location, which is a problem. Is the graphic in the middle representative of the kind of art that'll be shown there? If not, I would advise swapping it out for a sample of a piece at the show. Also this may be a personal preference, but I would get rid of the drop shadow at least on the names and musical guest lines.

Also it's a personal pet peeve in graphic design when a new font is used on every line, but that's just me.
>>
>>2412270
the location was intentionally omitted
>>
Drop all the shadows behind logos and typography. That shit is tacky as fuck and looks like it came straight out of the 90s. Especially that ugly shadow inside the logo on the top is ridiculous.

Also, too many fucking fonts. Stick to 3 at most. I'd also drop the Mickie and Chauncey font. It's a pretty terrible sans serif. The black gradient around the shape is also distasteful.
>>
TOO MANY FUCKING FONTS
also, this is probably more /gd/ material and i hope hey give you hell
>>
>>2412283
>the location was intentionally omitted

So you don't want anyone to come? What's the point of a flyer with no location? If someone sees it and is interested they won't know where to go. It doesn't even have a website or phone number where they could get that information.

Use fewer fonts, get rid of drop shadows. Whenever I see drop shadows, it tells me that the designer does not know how to plan out their values; they just slapped some shit on a backgound and when they discovered the dropshadow button, thought it looked 'cool' or 'fancy' or something. Also, it makes the text harder to read, just fyi.

Good thing you put that graphic on there instead of what >>2412270 suggests, cause if you do that, for sure nobody will come (haha, jus joshin illustrat u no we luv u. srsly though you're awful).

The only reason this is barely acceptable at first glance is because you went with a super safe symmetrical composition.
>>
>>2412442
This is my art.
>>
>>2412456
It's not ugly.

You know what I meant though, right?
>>
>>2412259
Too many different fonts.
There's no hierarchy, in the header.
The top font is unreadable
.I think a white for the background color would make the colors pop more.

also This is more of a /gd/ thing.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.