[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do any of you guys go? Which ones? Whats the best one to be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: bootw.png (116 KB, 796x1100) Image search: [Google]
bootw.png
116 KB, 796x1100
Do any of you guys go?
Which ones?

Whats the best one to be at right now?
>>
>>2409662
>art school

don't waste your money on that shit
>>
>>2409665
depends on which school m8 not all are a waste
>>
>>2409673

with all the modernest sjw garbage on campus art schools, i'd rather go to an online art school anyway m80. gun to my head, anyway
>>
>>2409673
which ones are good?
>>
>>2409686
I'm attending the Academy of Art University right now. It's very fundamentalist, no stupid bullshit. Or at least none that I've run into. A lot of the faculty really seems to like Loomis too.
>>
>>2409685

read waste as website for some reason... just woke up
>>
>>2409662
Two of my relatives went to Art Center of Design in Pasadena over a few decades ago while it was more affordable.
BUT
Holy shit, it is so expensive now, and I don't think I'm going to end up going there or to any art school really. What I actually plan on doing is attending workshops and hopefully going to an atelier.
I know my friend is looking forward to getting a mentor, and we are really helping each other out.
What my relatives got out of Art Center was the "I went to Art Center" which got them into very good positions to get jobs. One was an art director right out of the door and the other was an art teacher.
There is so much available to learn from on the internet and from cheaper options, and there are so many art schools now that have gone to shit from 'muh style' and 'muh meaning' from the people that are being accepted to them.
Go look up college and art school portfolios on youtube or on school sites to see what I mean.
>>
My sister goes to MassArt, but I'm in school for something totally different and I'm still better than her from using the many free resources you can find online. They also do a lot of "creativity exercises," you know that kind of stuff that doesn't actually teach anything? Like drawing the sounds you hear around you.
>>
>>2409662
I only attended one drawing class at my local college. Really enjoyed it, actually. Took it during the summer so it was one month class, 3 days a week for 3 hours each. So that's 9 hours a week spent drawing for one month. Helped me get good kinda fast!
>>
>>2409662
I'm checking out a local school this month to see how good it is. Looked promising from the tour. I mostly want the life drawing classes because nothing really compares to in-person study. Photos just aren't doin' it anymore. Plus the animation program uses toonboom extensively and since I know that kind of has a steep learning curve, I'll be able to have some guidance learning it.

Art schools can have value it just depends what you want, and a lot of it depends on how much you put into it. School won't magically make you better but it can help give you guidance into doing better if you've hit a sort of "stuck" point in your self-studies. Everyone has a different style of learning and some people benefit from classes and in-person and peer guidance, there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>2409766
what is this place
>>
>>2409662

I go to KCAD in Grand Rapids

It's alright, some teachers don't really seem to know what they're talking about. It's not that expensive compared to some other art schools, I still feel like I'm getting ripped off though but that's just because all college is overpriced as fuck.
>>
>>2409662
The biggest problem with art school is the cost to earning potential ratio. Provided you're successful you'll still spend years struggling to pay back that tuition (you're already going to struggle to keep yourself fed). Art can be predominately self taught. It would be wiser to grind up fundamentals through books, videos and whatnot and supplement with a few random courses as needed.
>>
>>2409693
Are there memelords? What about tripfags?
>>
>>2409693
me too
teachers are great
drawing labs, tutoring and workshops are godsend

>>2409884
unfortunately yes
since its art school is mostly consists of those loser weeaboo weirdos from high school like me
which is cool, but its not surprising to find irl shitposters, m-muh mancaves, and m-muh styles
>>
>>2409662
You're not going to be taught anything different that's already provided here and other art forums. You're going to run into the same books (or same type), and go on from there,

You may need a degree in order to get your foot in the door, but some pro artists have stated to make up art schools and put it in their resumes. As long as you're pulling out awesome shit, doesn't matter.
>>
>>2409846
The problem no one on this site seems to grasp is that people learn differently. Some are visual learners, other auditory, and others physical. If you learn physically, from doing it, then self-study is oing t work fine for you but for people like me, who learn by hearing and seeing things done correctly, school is a god choice, but it depends on where you go and how hard you work. Art school is a waste of money if you don't work hard in it.
>>
Any good design schools in Toronto?? Or am I fucked and need to go abroad
>>
>>2409686
Art Center
Ringling
RISD (I think)
School of Visual Arts
College for Creative studies (massively under-appreciated)

right now I'm attending ccs and the illustration department is baller.
If you want memes, furries, and anime, go to the Entertainment Department (it's getting better)
If you want to actually learn to draw and create awesome illustrations under some of the best, go the Illustration route.
There are other majors, but Fine Arts is a joke.
>>
I go to Lesley University College of Art and Design
Used to be called The Art Institute of Boston (not related to the AI stuff you see on TV) but Lesley fully absorbed it last year

I like it, its small so you get close to your professors for feedback and they really do help you out, I went to CC before hand so i am not like in too much awful debt, I graduate in 1.5 years
besides the SJW stuff which really isn't that insane here luckily (however i think MassArt probs have it much worse) it's not bad desu familiano
>>
>>2410826
what about CCA
>>
What's the scope on RMCAD? I've heard they've gone down in recent years but they seem to really value and support their students so I can't really see the downside?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.