[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>have a friend that got into drawing because he felt left
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
>have a friend that got into drawing because he felt left out of our art circle and was inspired by all the things we make
>wasn't really much of an artist before that
>with each passing month, he draws less and less
>doesn't even put effort in drawing anything any more and just makes crappy doodles every now and then
How do I motivate him /ic/ without hurting his ego/feelings? I want him to improve, but his laziness isn't helping. Should I just tell him that this hobby just isn't for him? He doesn't seem like he's committed to putting in the hours/work :(
>>
>>2409266

Maybe you should livestream your suicide so he can feel motivated that you're dead and out of his life?
>>
Hobbies are for fun, not necessarily to get better. Maybe he just enjoys to doodle aimlessly.
>>
>>2409280
You sound autistic anon
>>
>>2409266
>How do I motivate him /ic/ without hurting his ego/feelings?

If anybody finds the answer, please share with all the autist/ic/ fuckers in this board.
>>
>>2409287

If you use Twitch I'll donate $5 to put towards your funeral bill.
>>
>>2409266
so he took up drawing not because he likes it but to socialize ? I don't see the problem with him investing his time in other things. It's hard enough to keep working when you want to draw, how are you going to motivate someone who doesn't even care ?
>>
>>2409295
I think you should use that 5 dollars to buy some medication to control your autistic outburts
>>
>>2409303
Don't you fucking use Reimu to post you NIGGER.
>>
>>2409309
>>
>>2409284
Drawing is only fun if you actually make something good.
>>
>>2409318
http://danbooru.donmai.us/data/dc84c955131d72e3b2cb0dbf9994be16.jpg
>>
>>2409266
So you want to "motivate" him into doing something he doesn't want to or seem to enjoy? You want him to put in hours of work into drawing just to make yourself feel better? Yet you're the one calling other people autistic.
Seems to me like you're a fucking shitty friend and should get out of his life.
>>
>>2409322
it's the process that is fun
>>
>>2409334
Do you people all just instantly unfriend anyone that tells you to work on your art or are you literally this autistic
>>
>>2409266
Maybe you should improve annon. Sounds like his lack of effort reflects your own.
>>
>>2409343
How fucked in the head are you? Your friend obviously just wants to have fun doodling, and you feel like pushing him into grinding for no reason, and even consider telling him that drawing just isn't for him. As if you need to dedicate your life to art to be allowed to use a fucking pencil. If you can't see what's wrong with your attitude you really are a shitty friend.

If you really want to help him sit down and have a fucking conversation, like normal friends do. Don't go to fucking 4chan for relationship advice, you aspie. Ask him what his goals in art are, talk to him about what he wants to do and if he does want to improve you can help him do the work.
>>
>>2409382
Yep, definitely on the spectrum. I failed to mention my friend has expressed how he hates how bad he draws and desires to improve, but never really acts on it. He even ignored all the books I showed him. Im seriously thinking of just flat out telling him to get serious about art and stop wasting his time or else he'll never get better or just give up. If you have a problem with that then fuck off back to your hugbox on deviantart where people only have nice things to say to you and your sonic oc's.
>>
>>with each passing month, he draws less and less
>>doesn't even put effort in drawing anything any more and just makes crappy doodles every now and then
>Should I just tell him that this hobby just isn't for him?
I think he already found out. Are you really this clueless?
>>
>>2409396
I don't think its too late. I just need to talk to him, but not like im talking to these people. Like I mentioned before, he wants to be good at drawing, but is just lazy about learning how and needs the right push without hurting his feelings.
>>
>>2409395
It's not about saying nice things, you moron. If your friend wants to improve, try to help him. If he doesn't want your help, let him do whatever the fuck he wants. Telling someone they should quit art because his work doesn't meet the standards of some stuck-up faggot in the internet. Who the fuck are you to dictate how your friend should spend his time? You're nothing. A subhuman lump of trash who can't even toxic you are. All this talk of working to improve and what do you have to show for it? A bunch of whiny posts on 4chan? Take your fucking art and shove it up your asshole until you bleed to death, you worthless waste of oxygen. The world will be a better place without you.
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (537 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
537 KB, 480x270
>>2409450
>implying im gonna read all of that
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 500x333
>>2409463
>Implying you niggers can read at all
>>
>>2409895
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.