[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This may be a nitpick of mine but what's with a decent amount
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: 665.gif (400 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
665.gif
400 KB, 500x281
This may be a nitpick of mine but what's with a decent amount of artists not drawing good feet? If I'm looking at art or an animation and it all looks great then I see the feet or lesser extent hands and they looks all wrong and rushed it brings the art down a peg. Feet aren't that hard to draw at all. Artists practice studies on different parts of the body but feet for some reason. Why?
>>
>>2409121
You hardly ever see them unless you are Kyle.
>>
>>2409121
isnt there a subreddit you should moderating right now?
>>
why are footfags so fucking insufferable?
>>
>feet aren't hard to draw
show your work.
>>
>>2409121

>tfw I will never see that view irl
>>
>>2409121
Depends what type of art you are talking about. when it comes to paintings of a figure, feet tend to be far away from the focal points of the image, hence the artist usually just indicates them, sometimes even bleeds them together with the values of the ground etc. The few instances where the feet are actually part of the focal point in a painting, any good artist tends to draw them well enough that they won't look off, so it's probably just a case of you having shit taste in artists who can't draw well in general.
>>
>>2409191
I mean to be fair, partly because of the reasons you mentioned, feet are probably one of the biggest problem areas for many artists, more so than hands. Since you almost never need to draw them as well they just kind of get shrugged into that "good enough" area.
I've talked to many artists who work in the 'industry' for a living and almost all of them avoid feet like its the plague, when forced to draw them they can draw decent looking feet, but they still would much rather not.
>>
>>2409121
feet are fairly complex and people rarely see or need to draw them, but see their own often enough to where the uncanny valley applies to badly drawn feet.
>>
File: 1399354807818.png (11 KB, 744x520) Image search: [Google]
1399354807818.png
11 KB, 744x520
>>2409174

>You'll never be a disembodied head between to lovers.

Why live?
>>
>>2409233

made me kek hard
>>
File: pepehasnofeels.jpg (33 KB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
pepehasnofeels.jpg
33 KB, 500x344
>>2409174
>buy gun
>shoot chick
>set her body on your bed
>tie fishing line to her toe
>lay down beside corpse with camera in the middle
>pull fishing line and record
>post to facebook
>Now you know what it's like to be a normie.
>>
What do people have against feet? They are sexy as fuck.
>>
>>2410146
Post your feet
>>
>>2410146
Fuck off footfag, your fetish is shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (225 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
225 KB, 2000x1500
>>2410228
>implying these aren't sexy as fuck
>>
>>2410249
trap
>>
>>2410266
Doubt it.
>>
>>2410266
then that is one heroic tuck
>>
>>2410249
Needs pumice
>>
>>2410266
That just makes my dick harder.
>>
>>2409174
because it's a camera of course
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.