[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Right now on /ic/ there is a popular acceptance of this idea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
Right now on /ic/ there is a popular acceptance of this idea that learning to draw well is brutally hard. That there are no real shortcuts. That you must practice for hours a day for years and it will be a miserable grind. I have seen many threads where people looking for "better" advice have been met with ridicule. This is because to some people it looked like they wanted a magic spoonfed answer to get them good that didn't exist.

This thread is my gift to you /ic/. I will shed light to you on the matter of improvement.

The first book. The Inner Game of Tennis. Turned my life around. This book is just as important as the best books our tutorial has to offer. What it does, is it goes over the common almost automatic mental mistakes that happen when people try to learn or improve or perform a skill. Then it shows you how to get around those. This book has been quoted as heavily influential by people who are extremely skilled from various backgrounds. Within the first 20 pages it was addressing nearly every problem I personally identified with in the skills i've been trying to get good at.

There are various videos and books on the subject of improving quickly and learning fast. Supplement your training with the knowledge of these books. There is even a book out from the owner of a brain health center in NY on creating optimal brain health from brain health diets etc. That will greatly boost your learning speed.

Finally, your health. You will improve faster if your health is better. If you smoke or do drugs in general, stop. Go to /fit/ and read their sticky and get dead serious about exercise.
>>
"Lmao just read this self help book and be healthy" thanks for the advice op, i'm going to be kim jung gi level soon!
>>
Yeah, OP.

I know that most of the advice here is actually like going to /fit/. But that is because it's been proven by amateurs and pros as well that learning to draw is a matter of boring repetitive exercises, as well as getting ripped.

I see grinding the fundamentals as working out. You do not need "motivation" to actually grab a piece of paper and draw. You need the motivation to not get discouraged because it is painful.

>Hurr durr squats are painful and I don't like pain.
>Hurr durr I'm a failure I will never get fit.
>hurr durr I only work out when I feel motivated.
>Hurr durr where is magic trick to git gudt? hepl me /ic/.
>>
Where to download?
>>
I am asuming is the book written by Timothy Gallwey.

Is this one?

http://www.tinapse.ro/home/coltul-indrumatorului-coach/resurse-materiale-instrumente/W.%20Timothy%20Gallwey%20-%20The%20Inner%20Game%20Of%20Tennis.pdf
>>
>>2407434
>I know that most of the advice here is actually like going to /fit/. But that is because it's been proven by amateurs and pros as well that learning to draw is a matter of boring repetitive exercises, as well as getting ripped.
That is so wrong and unproven it hurts. For fitness read "Athletic Body in Balance" to see how to train your body for real. Repetitive exercises are pretty much your enemy.

And grinding is completely the wrong word. Whatever you meant, it probably was not grinding.
>>
>>2407426
>learning to draw well is brutally hard.
No. It's not that it's hard, it's that it's time consuming. There's a pretty big fucking difference.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.