[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I learn from the sticky or from drawabox as a complete
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: ss (2016-02-20 at 06.31.11).jpg (264 KB, 1277x889) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-02-20 at 06.31.11).jpg
264 KB, 1277x889
Should I learn from the sticky or from drawabox as a complete beginner?
>>
>>2407360
avoid both and start a iterative drawing regimen
>>
>>2407363
That seems like a terrible idea.
>>
>>2407360
Doesnt really matter. Drawabox should be put in the sticky if it's not already there anyway.
>>
>>2407360
dude who made drawabox isnt really that great of an artist if you look at his portfolio, he certainly has technical skill but that only goes as far as the basics in regards to what hes talking about

if you plan to go past that just take it with a grain of salt and supplement with other resources
>>
>>2407372
how so?
>>
>>2407697
fuck off Ahmed
>>
File: wh1.jpg (225 KB, 960x1680) Image search: [Google]
wh1.jpg
225 KB, 960x1680
>>2407707
lol
>>
>>2407360
if I started over I would definitively go:

Scott Robertson's How to draw
drawabox.com (up to part two, don't skip the challenges)
Loomis figure drawing
Loomis drawing of the head
Michael Hapton's figure drawing
Atlas of human anatomy for the artist
drawabox.com (the rest of it)
Scott Robertson's how to render

and so on. Reinforce everything you're learning with other books/videos if you like to.
>>
File: Unled.png (15 KB, 290x263) Image search: [Google]
Unled.png
15 KB, 290x263
The thing about drawing is there's do definitive way to do it; There are many views, thought processes, and approaches which all achieve essentially the same thing, but why? We all think of problems differently, its just how we are, and we come up with our own way of solving them. Drawbox is fine, but you shouldn't take any one source as the absolute, not that I'm saying you were. Consume as much media as possible from as may different artists. Seeing how other artists solve their problems though showing you their workflow will help you solve your own problems. Its just a matter of finding someone who thinks similar to you and gets things to 'click'.

To answer your question both are fine, but Drawbox puts lessons in a more comprehensive format.
>>
>>2407720
>loomis
fucking dropped
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.