[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop giving sameface to all my female?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Avatar-Lucina-Concept.jpg (288 KB, 833x588) Image search: [Google]
288 KB, 833x588
How do I stop giving sameface to all my female?
>>
>>2407238
Stop giving the same face.
>>
>>2407238
Different eye shapes/ noses/ eyebrows/ default facial expressions?
>>
It's Anime. They Do look all alike.

I would draw each character large and extra detailed,so you can have these designs in mind when you draw them for your works smaller and simplified,having their idiosyncrasies in mind.
>>
>>2407274
No they don't. Depends on artist.
>>
>>2407238
Try making ugly females with unattractive faces. When you break out of the desire to make all your anime girls cute and pretty, you will see that there is much more potential for variety. The go back and relearn how to make them cute and attractive in a way that you choose rather than knowing only one template that looks good.
>>
>>2407262
which ones do you find mos fuckable?
>>
>>2407238
Try to stylize the faces of real people? Or go through other artists stuff and see how they draw them differently.

Don't try to draw your ideal face, draw idealized faces?
>>
>>2407238
Study head construction a lot. You have an ingrained process and need to open up more possibilities.
>>
>>2407238
ITS CALLED CONSISTENCY, TARD
>>
>>2407238
>sameface to all my female?
stop drawing animu it delimit your faces
>>
>>2407238

go out and take a look at faces of real woman ?
>>
Try drawing a variety of women, different ethnicity, different chin shapes, noses, ages, weights etc. Use references
>>2400518
of different women's faces to help break your monotony.
>>
A huge part of how we recognize different faces is with the placement of facial features, or the varying distance between them. Place eyes further apart, mouth closer to nose, wider head, narrower head. It's' all quite subtle but it's necessary. Varying the types of eyes and facial features and hair will only take you so far.
>>
File: AnimeConversion.jpg (58 KB, 599x333) Image search: [Google]
AnimeConversion.jpg
58 KB, 599x333
>>2407308
>>
>>2407238
this is bait, OP is a character sheet of siblings
>>
>>2409653
This, also relative sizes.

I think anime tends to sameface because you go for such an ideal face, but I've seen people do variation in an anime style and stlil have attractive characters.
>>
>>2407238
try giving them different faces
>>
>>2407238
Cheekbone placement along with eye size. Moving the eyes up and out from each other only the slightest amount will change it dramatically.
>>
>>2407238
Nose and the head shape. you'd be surprise on how much you can get away by simply changing this two shits together. I rarely change eye shape since I rarely draw Asians and fucks up with my expression work flow
>>
>>2407328
fourth
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.