[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is one i drew awhile back. is it any good or do i just suck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 9
File: IMG_0015.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0015.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
This is one i drew awhile back. is it any good or do i just suck?
>>
>>2407193

you try to give some volume but it doesn't make any sense, try to understand why you put big lines
>>
Graphitti art is so specialized its hard to know what to discuss or critique.
I'd start by saying that you should use real paper and not a sheet of notebook paper.
The shapes have lots of insets and cutouts that don't really make sense and make them look lumpy.
The thick lower borders suggest volume but the overlapping parts ruin the sense of dimensionality.
The shading is inconsistent and I see evidence of scratchy lines instead of flowing single strokes.
Also the word is hard to read but I don't think that's really an issue.
>>
>>2407193

Work on your presentation. You took a shitty cell phone pic of a drawing in a lined paper notebook at an angle. The same picture drawn with a marker on white paper and scanned with levels adjusted would look much better.
>>
Sucks; there is no theme to it.

>is it any good or do i just suck?
Stop believing in the genius fairy. Good stuff comes from putting work in.
>>
Work on your letter structure. I suggest learning the structure of the alphabet, what curves makes what letters to make them read well.
>>
File: your_art.jpg (84 KB, 442x331) Image search: [Google]
your_art.jpg
84 KB, 442x331
literally looks like shit
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Looks like stacked turds

If you want to start making letters you have to start with a super basic letter. Make it look realistic, then only start making edits to the frames and tune iT up.
>>
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>2410674
Bars baby
>>
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>2410674
>>
>>2407295
it says jack
>>
>>2410683
I don't care what it says. That's not the point. Redo it and post an improved version.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2448
its poo op. Just keep drawing and expanding on it. Change it up all the time, and it will come together
>>
>>2413286
I can't even read this.
>>
>>2413291
I think it says... Feles?
>>
>>2413294
Phillis
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 612x612
>>2407193
Think of graffiti letters as three dimensional blocks. Not just the flat letter. Apply perspective, foreshortening and vanishing point just as someone would with a landscape picture.

Also, there's a 'flow' to graffiti that needs to exist. It's hard to explain but think of it kind of as creating a more intricate font. The letters need to look good collectively, not just individually.

Here's an old picture I drew. I don't really draw graffiti anymore. I prefer people/anatomy lately, but graffiti is still a rad artform. Keep practicin' OP.
>>
File: image.jpg (769 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
769 KB, 2448x2448
>>
>>2407193
This says Cock
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 4404x2534) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 4404x2534
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.