[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I go back drawing again Basically I've rerun the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1448740632420.png (109 KB, 444x444) Image search: [Google]
1448740632420.png
109 KB, 444x444
How do I go back drawing again

Basically I've rerun the basic beginner books so many times I'm sick of it and don't want to do anything associated with them. But I feel like seppukuing if I completely let go of my hobby- and also I want to be good.

What the fuck all I wanted to do was to masturbate to my own drawings, why is art making my life even more depressing.
>>
git gud
>>
File: discipline.jpg (16 KB, 278x320) Image search: [Google]
discipline.jpg
16 KB, 278x320
Need discipline
>>
>>2405782
trick yourself into thinking you can make it, and then set yourself to a schedule.
>>
File: 1391324631085.gif (39 KB, 300x137) Image search: [Google]
1391324631085.gif
39 KB, 300x137
You can try actually drawing instead of just reading the books.
>>
>>2405883

Cute, more like this?
>>
>>2405797
How the hell do you discipline yourself, my self conscious tells me to fuck of with that shit
>>
>>2406863
start with the small things and slowly build up from there.
>>
>>2405883
My heaart!!
>>
>>2406870
I cant start with the smallest ones. I told myself to draw and it was 4 hours ago, now I am burned out lol
>>
>>2405883
>how to make something cute
use round shapes
>how to make it ever cuter
make it roll over
>>
>>2407082
>I cant
Start with that.
>>
>>2407082
literally start with a timer and drawing for only 10 minutes. or 5. or even 1, if you're that bad. build the habit and slowly increase the time. if you can't do even this much, seriously consider if you even actually want to draw at all.
>>
>>2407082
Are you disciplined at all? Do you shower everyday at least?
>>
>>2407106
for what purpose
>>
Just draw whatever you want. Don't turn your hobby into a chore.
>>
So move up to intermediate books. Don't just read the same shit over and over again, what can that possibly do for you? Sure, revisit it now and then as a refresher and to see what you've learned in the mean time, but fucking move forward.
>>
I'll probably get shit for this but whatever:
Discipline and schedules will do diddly dick.
You'll have to get inspiration; look at works and progreass of others, maybe browse through galleries of your favourite artists.
Anything that will inspire you to start and create something yourself.
Once you've gotten there, you can develop a more proffessional approach and consistency.
>>
>>2405782
After finishing the beginner books you normally can't draw. Don't let it bother you. Only practice makes you good. If the exercises are well choosen and don't overcomplicate things for you.
>>
>>2407109
to not be a nasty fuck ? if your attitude on every little thing in life is like that , son,ur gnna be miserable forever.
>>
"good" is a pretty broad term OP, just draw what you like and eventually you'll get better by exposing yourself to other peoples artwork and you'll grow to develop your own style and be happy with it.
>>
>>2407151

This sounds more like it.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.