[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ANIMATION GENERAL~
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75
File: 1454868627385[1].gif (628 KB, 600x607) Image search: [Google]
1454868627385[1].gif
628 KB, 600x607
Thread #16

Previous Thread: >>2376625

Bring us your roughs, your storyboards, your pencil tests etc. Talk about industry, schools, the hopelessness of it all, how we all gonna make it etc.

If you're gonna post animation that isn't yours give source or state that it isn't yours.

Keep shitposting to a minimum. Don't feed the trolls.

>Stuff you may find useful, books basic program tutorials etc
https://mega.co.nz/#F!3p8CwQZD!DR2mC-kw0TyQQ8Uw3T6JYg
https://mega.co.nz/#!TdclgBqS!QWLS9f3ogerhJDfxCYPv_yFKRR11tP_IC0eaA4sEwug

>Reference stuff you can find with a simple google search
http://www.referencereference.com/
https://vimeo.com/groups/aniref
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRvspTjApofA2Yg3i10gTdQ
http://www.rhinohouse.com/

Japanese style animation tutorial: http://listeningside.net/a_side00.html
Stoyboard & composition: http://www.floobynooby.com/comp1.html

>Play YT videos frame-by-frame
http://rowvid.com/
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-plus/?src=search

Lastly, if you've got some good animation resources, contribute!
>>
>>2403910
forgot to include the OP pic's blog. http://elenamanetta.tumblr.com/
>>
quick question about toon boom. I keep hearing people rave about how good the brushes are in it but even flash gives me better lines than toon boom. Do you guys use custom brushes or something? What are your settings?
>>
>>2403930
Try tv paint
>>
File: 21816.gif (396 KB, 700x509) Image search: [Google]
21816.gif
396 KB, 700x509
Here's a dumb little thing I made in flash to kill some time.
>>
File: turnaround.gif (725 KB, 960x1055) Image search: [Google]
turnaround.gif
725 KB, 960x1055
Reposting from old thread, would really like critique on this in case there's mistakes I can't see!

>>2403979
I really like the side-tilting motion on the... ball-monster just before he sprints towards the muscle-man. Reminds me of a few anime fight scenes, this sort of slow stalk before attacking. After that it got a tiny bit confusing for me, took me a bit too long to figure out the crouching bit.
>>
When'll flash finally die and what'll replace it everywhere?
>>
>>2404051
Your mom
>>
>>2404051
I mean, flash has never really been the #1 industry standard.
>>
File: rat.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
rat.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>2403910
>>2403913
Damn that's goddamn nice my animation was used for thread pic, but geeze now I really wish I actually went back and fixed the hair rather than shrugging it off as a warm-up and moving on to other stuff instead.

>>2403930
Are you very new to ToonBoom or know all the basics? Just asking because if you're new, you might not know about things like how the lines in TB show up as pixelated even though that isn't how they look when rendered, or about bitmap brushes and so forth. Or is it entirely that the lines are squiggly and unappealing/no pen pressure?
>>
File: Linda_Miller_Ireland_1987.jpg (712 KB, 866x592) Image search: [Google]
Linda_Miller_Ireland_1987.jpg
712 KB, 866x592
Anyone here knows about animation desks?
I just got the one in the picture (yeah, that very same one)
Used to belong to Don Bluth's studio in Ireland

The problem is, it didn't have the mechanism which holds the table and allows it to tilt

Is there an alternative to this mechanism? Or should I try to track down the original parts?

Thanks.
>>
>>2404223
Hard to imagine a time when female animators were passionate about their work, and weren't just incompetent, blue haired dykes with a victim complex.
>>
File: animation1.gif (927 KB, 650x900) Image search: [Google]
animation1.gif
927 KB, 650x900
First animation in CS5. I learned stuff.
>>
>>2404248
You fucked it, dude. I'm legit kinda sad because the post in the last thread was kinda appealing.
>>
>>2404223
a drafting table?
>>
>>2404221
It's the pen pressure that's putting me off, is that just how they are? I'm not an expert but I went through most of the tutorials a while back so I have a decent grasp of how the program works.
>>
File: OCS.png (48 KB, 756x653) Image search: [Google]
OCS.png
48 KB, 756x653
Can anyone tell me how not to suck? Give it to me straight I know I'm awful but I have a great vision for an original series.
>>
Does Toon Boom Studio 8.1 not have bitmap brushes?
If I finally upgrade to Harmony Essentials, does that have bitmap?
>>
File: untitled.png (29 KB, 859x1066) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
29 KB, 859x1066
>>2404291
It should have pen pressure, but the way it works is with width of the brush, not opacity/lightness. The opacity is always 100%, like in Flash.

I haven't worked in Harmony for a couple of months so I don't 100% remember, but I know in Storyboard Pro, I love sketching because of its line quality (It smooths things out without doing auto smooth like Flash), and the two programs are owned by the same company, so the pen quality should be the same between the two. Pic on the left was done in Storyboard Pro, and I'm PRETTY sure you can get the same line quality with the vector brushes in Harmony.

You might want to check some YouTube videos of people sketching and see if the lines are coming out the same, otherwise it might be a driver issue. Maybe screencap the lines you're getting so we can see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6K_QzoH4mE
>>
>>2404300
Are you drawing with a mouse? Your lines are scratchy, the shapes have no flow, and the line thickness is uniform. The characters have basic expressions, are out of proportion with each other and lack fundamental construction.
>>
>>2404328
Thank you this is what I was looking for! And yeah I am using a mouse, also MS paint...
>>
>>2404325
for some reason, I really like drawing in Toon Boom
it's quick, but I still feel in control of my lines
>>
>>2404050
Yeah I didn't really think too far ahead so it ended up being a cluster fuck towards the end.
>>
>>2404325
>>2404353
What settings do you guys use?(texture,min.,max., smoothing, contour optimization, etc)
>>
>>2404259
Can I get critique about what I did wrong instead of shit, you know, so I can learn from my mistakes.
>>
>>2404390
If Studio has textured brushes then I've never found them, but I pretty much just use the default because it never seems to save my brush settings in general, only in different projects
>>
>>2404050
it looks a little too fast whats the exposure for each frame?
>>
>>2404415
Clits aren't usually that long.
>>
>>2404481
:^)
>>
File: 20160218_152827.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160218_152827.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>2404330
Good for you for taking criticism without complaining.
I drew your characters to demonstrate construction and line control. You should just draw on paper if you dont have a tablet. Drawing with a mouse is worthless and wont teach you anything.
>>
Is there any benefit to drawing your frames traditionally and then scanning them into photoshop? People have been saying that it produces better animation but I don't really understand why that would be the case.
>>
>>2404415
I guess the perspective of the waist it very unclear. The dick appears really high up and we can consistently see the underside of his ass when the angle should probably be changing. I think you need to spend some time studying and figuring out exactly how penetration works.
>>2404622
Mostly just cause people like to draw in pencil so it's more comfortable.
>>
File: preview-01.png (104 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
preview-01.png
104 KB, 960x540
>>2404325
here's a quick thing I just did. My drawing skills aren't too good either but I'm not digging the lines. Sometimes the lines just connect even though they're far apart or they'll end up going too far. Do I just need to practice more or do you think it's a driver thing?
>>
>>2404622
>>2404643
I heard catfat draws traditionally and then cleans up in Photoshop. Not sure how that helps though.
>>
Opinions for a animated vlog. Puppet animation or refined animatic. Which would you like to see for a vlog?

https://youtu.be/wrCNvbc94q8
>>
>>2405202
Good qiality art
>>
>>2404287
light table, actually
but the whole tilting screws are missing
>>
>>2405217
I'll try to use good qiality next time.

P.S. the video is a place holder.
P.S.S. Sorry for making fun of the quality typo
>>
Puppet animation or Animatic/ slideshow?
>>
File: rough.gif (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rough.gif
2 MB, 1920x1080
I pretty much said "Fuck it" after the idle animation since up til then was planned. Thats why the arcs are janked
Critique I guess
>>
>>2405442
>Chad

Don't fuck with me nigga I'll kill u
>>
File: ezgif.com-video-to-gif (1).gif (1 MB, 384x240) Image search: [Google]
ezgif.com-video-to-gif (1).gif
1 MB, 384x240
Old animation I did for my bf on the Flipnote app for the DS

>>2405446
cant escape the chad
>>
>>2405448
if I was ur bf I'd fuck you
>>
File: Shun Enokido 1.webm (502 KB, 504x360) Image search: [Google]
Shun Enokido 1.webm
502 KB, 504x360
Not mine, source : [spoiler]https://twitter.com/mayuge1017/status/686347285777657856[/spoiler]
>>
File: Swing (ball).gif (303 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
Swing (ball).gif
303 KB, 550x400
This was a quick Flash animation i made. What do ya think?
>>
>>2404248
I don't get what that one anon is saying. Aside from the dick bouncing oddly and the legs being a bit shaky, it looks really nice.
>>
>>2404229
She's dressed like a man in this photo, she looks more like a dyke than any chick with blue hair I know. What's wrong, someone not getting any from the hot punk chick?
>>
>>2404223
Honestly I hate these fucking tables. Had one similar to it and it took up a huge amount of space. I'd rather put a table easle on a regular desk instead.
How much you spend to get Don Bluth's non-working table, anon?
>>
>>2404353
My school uses Toon Boom and supplies it but I haven't gotten mine yet. :c I'm worried because I hear it has a big learning curve and I have trouble learning new programs.
>>
>>2405202
I don't know what you mean by puppet animation.

You can get away with just a static image for your video but you'll hold more attention with something to watch too. I don't think an animatic would work so much as editing things together like Game Theory does it (best example I have of what I mean).

Get a less shitty mic too
>>
>>2406080
He means rigging a character and tweening.
>>
>>2405367
Why the fuck is it just a head tho? Did you plan to have a body? Don't concentrate on details like the fact until you get the full form, body included, involved.

If it's mean tto be just a head, that's dumb.

>>2405448
For an old flipnote animation that's cute as hell.
>>
>>2405367
It looks extremely weird when it hangs in the air completely motionless, at least make it sway up and down like it's trying to fight gravity a little.
>>
>>2406083
Not him but it could just be a floating head. You're not critiquing on anything but the idea. That's dumb.
>>
>>2406066
>hot punk chicks
these days flashy hair color means she's gonna pull the rape card after the first fight
>>
>>2406066
>hot punk chick?
bruh what sort of fuckhead actively goes after women who are blatantly signalling that they're dysfunctional and unstable? girls who pursue the aesthetic equivalent to "FUCK YOU MOM AND DAD" and probably inundate themselves in vapid bullshit and drugs only to find themselves in the same hole their parents were in, just with the false appearance of something better, more "educated", the sort of bitch who resents her father for watching television to pass the time instead of actively analysing it without realising that analysis doesn't make her life any less shit. Thousands in debt just so you she can watch TV more intelligently.
>>
>>2405202
Puppet Animation seems like it would be a lot more efficient for something like that.
>>
>>2406083
Thanks! Actually just looking at it made me want to improve so I'm trying again haha
>>2405467
he's got it covered thanks
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFipkFQThmk
Sorry for the repost, but I posted this right at the end of the last threads life span, and didn't get any feed back.
>>
how do you guys go about promoting your animations? Especially on YouTube.
>>
>>2406491
Channel frederator, newgrounds, tumblr
>>
>>2406521
How do you use frederator? And how do you make it so your shit doesn't get lost on tumblr?
>>
>>2406550
Tag the living dicks out of it and choose descriptive specific tags that aren't faste as fug. Less #art #my art, more #shitxpairing #series #fandom #inktober, etc.
>>
>>2406562
>>2406550
Only the first 5 tags of a post show up in searches just fyi
>>
>>2406521
How does Frederator work?
>>
>>2404050
There's nothing really wrong with this for what it is. I Mean you could smooth it out by adding inbetweens but you already know that. I don't think there are any glaring errors.
>>
>>2406194
Thanks
>>
>>2406419
Not sure what exactly it's supposed to be. Seems a bit too animated to be an animator but not animated enough to be a final short. If it's an animator than it isn't bad at all, but if it's supposed to be a complete piece then I think you should go back and refine everything. I think you're perspective is also off in the first scene, those characters look really flat.

Aside from that looks pretty cool. Keep it up anon.
>>
>>2406083
Its gonna be a simple no outline test and very much planned just for a floating head clearly from how it entered.
>>2406124
Don't worry I wanted to add it in the cleanup since I wanted to focus on the rough gesture. My question was if the exiting arcs are even remotely passable since it looks like trash to me.
>>
>>2405939
The volume of the ball changes slightly, it gets smaller around the end, otherwise good job dude.
>>
>>2406419
there's a difference between an animation and an animatic man.
Nevertheless I like it, good timing on the lips.
>>
>>2406881
not the person you replied to, but what's the difference between the two? isn't an animatic just an unpolished animation? it's certainly more animated than a storyboard.
>>
>>2406067
It was donated to me by a dear friend.
And since it was a gift, I couldn't just go and tell him that stuff was missing.

Though I will mention it to him eventually.
>>
File: 20160217_154126.jpg (2 MB, 2656x1494) Image search: [Google]
20160217_154126.jpg
2 MB, 2656x1494
>>2406067
>>2406996
Also, here's a pic of the actual desk.
The light table is just standing against the lower part.
>>
>>2407015
Maybe animationsupplies/lightfootltd has something? They sell a lot of the old stuff.

Other professional desks could use the same mechanism (architecture? designer?) It's all probably outdated and second hand by now, because these desks are overengineered and get in the way.

Simpler would be to just use 4 brackets and turn it into a normal desk, except you want to open a museum instead of using it. Drawing like in the photo is uncomfortable.
>>
Any animation books out there for anime aside "How To Draw Manga Vol 26: Making Anime" or the website linked by OP?
>>
>>2406894

An animatic is a animated storyboard. So yes, that looks like an animatic
>>
File: test.gif (108 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
test.gif
108 KB, 1280x720
My first crack at animation.
I like the movement, but should it look this rough? The brushes in Flash are a pain to work with, so I was kinda limited with forms
Any crit, tips, etc. is very much appreciated
>>
>>2407716
Use the pencil tool, make lines
the movement is weird and unappealing, the arm went straight back so we expected it to go straight forward, the arm goes up so we expect it to go down first. Try animating a ball first. It's easier to do and if you make mistakes you can see them better,

image the arm is like three balls you messed up three times as much with each bad move, worst you can't even tell

be impressed that it moves it's not the worst thing, but call this done, move one, do more and more
>>
>>2407775
Not him, but can you explain how the whole ball helps arm movement. I've read that in some books but I've never really understood how exactly it helps your animations. Or how to use it.
>>
Also, to add to the beginner ballposting, should I be doing my own ball from scratch or copying someone else's at firs?
>>
>>2407908
Not the guy you asked but I'll try to answer. The reason the ball is always recommended is because it helps with ALL animation, not just arm movement. It makes you think about all the fundamentals like timing, spacing, squash and stretch, etc. without making you deal with complex drawings. It basically simplifies the animation process and allows you to think about animating instead of drawing. (I think)
>>
Hey ive never made any animations before and just finished a computer build. So my question is what do you guess use for digital design pads? And what programs do you run? (Maybe beginner friendly programs)
>>
Has anyone tried this?
https://vimeo.com/channels/greasepencil/155635261
>>
>>2408059
I've always wondered how exactly the 2D with 3D technology worked, that seems interesting
>>
>>2408059
Man I have to give it a shot, didn't even think about something like that even tho I make 2D games in openGL pretty much the same way.

The last couple of days I've been looking at animation tools in linux and so far everything had one giant drawback: the brushes. Animation software like tupi and synfig studio might have nice and fancy animation tools but their drawing tools suck absolute donkey dick. I'm now using an Alpha version of Krita. It's full of bugs, so it's not optimal but once the full version of 3.0 is out It's going to be amazing. It only has tools for working with frames(copying,moving,inserting) + onion skinning but I feel like it's more than enough for the traditional-like approach without rigs and other fancy computer animation stuff.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJOziG8cCMg

Can anyone explain to me why he's going over the lines so many times? I mean it looks amazing but pretty much every book I read on drawing said I should be thinking over my lines before drawing them, try making clean lines when possible and not go over a line 10 times.
>>
File: ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif (3 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif
3 MB, 480x360
>>
>>2408524
This is animation, not "drawing." He's feeling out the energy in the poses to find the life in them for movement. Not looking for one drawing to stand alone for your viewing pleasure. Trying to capture life in 1/24th or 1/12th of a second at a time. Then after he has that worked out he goes back over and tightens it down with much nicer drawings. Glen is notorious for having bold loose exploratory animation drawings. It's just his method and it works wonderfully for him. Others are much tighter, like if you ever see James Baxter's or Eric Goldbergs animation drawings.
>>
>>2408524
You shouldn't take advice out of context.
>>
>>2408524
Books can just be wrong.
>>
>>2408523
Source of gif?
>>
>>2408524
Whatever works, bruh.
Vilppu said one of his video that it doesn't matter how a key animator draws his line because his drawing will be cleaned up later anyway.
>>
>>2408576
nvm, found it
https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1277497
>>
>>2408586
Holy crap.
>>
>>2408524
if you pay attention to his keys in his final roughs you'll realize that even though he has a thick line, they are still quite thought out.
>>
File: test4.gif (2 MB, 800x536) Image search: [Google]
test4.gif
2 MB, 800x536
A thing I sketched during class a year ago.
>>
>>2407908
This might help.

https://vimeo.com/121632004#t=46s
>>
>>2408586

Why did Joel deactivate his DA? Was it because the pedo accusations? I read something about him getting into trouble for his loli stuff
>>
>>2408679
What?! I never heard of that, he doesn't even do loli. Like maybe the Alice drawings could be called loli? Wtf there are other people who draw much more sexualized stuff.
>>
>>2408742
I haven't really seen his whole body of work, I know that he has drawn a lot of young looking boys though...idk.
>>
>>2406881
sorry, yes it is an animatic
>>
>>2406833
sorry, it is an animatic
Forgot to post that
Characters look flat because they are, It's only 4 frames on loop moving across a 2d plane turned into a 3d plane. They move in 3d but they only have 2 dimensions and aren't being redrawn to counteract distortion.
>>
>>2408059
Man so I've been playing with this shit for a few hours now and it's so complicated to get into. Blender has a really complicated GUI. It's hard to use but seems extremely powerful. Too bad the default brush is shite and I don't know how to change it or import some brushes, if it's even possible.
>>
>>2408639

You spin me right round baby
>>
>>2407977
>It basically simplifies the animation process and allows you to think about animating instead of drawing

Yep. You have to deal with these things one at a time.
>>
>>2404050
there's nothing necessarily wrong with this, but there also isn't anything noteworthy about it. it's just a rotation. there's no life to it, no emotion. not even action.

maybe there are things that don't rotate properly but nothing sticks out just from looking at the gif i would have to look at it frame by frame and i can't be bothered
>>
>>2406656
tumblr's search system is so bullshit lmao
>>
>>2409990
The thing is that Tumblr is first and foremost a blogging platform. How it got so popular as an avenue for art when everything it does makes it harder for the audience, I dunno
But anyway, I'd rather have that than see hundreds of posts tagged "LOL, funny, art, artists on tumblr, comic, meme, fanart, undertale, sans, jerry seinfeld, bernie sanders, (etc etc)" tag spam is the worst
>>
>>2409990
>>2409991
I'll take it 1,000 times over from Instagram's shitty model, where people tag anything what whatever's a popular word.
>>
>>2409994
Exactly
Having it unlimited would actually make searching for things worse for you guys
You'd have to wade through even more unrelated garbage to find the art you want
>>
>>2404248
How do you make good lines in flash?

I don't know how to not do the signature blobby vectored lines that plagues many flash animations
>>
>>2410003
there's the pencil tool. The straighten feature make lines uniform and closer to the basic shapes. The smooth feature makes lines that close to what you want but smoother.

You have to edit the lines using the select tool. And play around with the tool settings. But you can get great lines after doing that.
>>
Doing a traditional inbetweening job rn, finding it almost too easy, worries me that I might be doing something wrong. Self-doubt is real.

>>2404457
Yeah I was thinking about slowing it down as it's also kinda a showcase of where I'm at in terms of keeping things consistent. I (think) I set it about 6fps.

>>2406760
Yeah might add more tweening, if I want to slow it down. Thanks!

>>2409828
Ah sorry probably should've mentioned it was a practice when I reposted, not anything I'd write home about. Just meant as something to show employers I can rotate shit etc.
>>
>>2410169
> too easy
well it's lowest level of cleanup

you should only worry if you find this is too hard

http://routledgetextbooks.com/textbooks/_author/sullivan-978024081872/designing.php
>>
>>2410003
Idunno dude, I used photoshop because I hate myself.
>>
>>2404248
dick+balls are too up
>>
>>2410466
no
>>
And here I thought there would be barely any good books about animation available on the internet.
>>
>>2410406
Yeah true, the animator I'm assisting just made it sound like it was going to be a struggle. He's very clean tho so maximum easy.
>>
If anybody knows intersting or cool cel shading methods, post them please. Something that lends well to animation would be good.
>>
>>2410768
Where did you get a 2d animation job? How'd you get hired and how do you like it?
>>
>>2411092
I wish it was a better story or helpful but, just contacts unfortunately. I met some lecturers during my exchange who I recently sent emails to asking for a reference (just in case I needed it while looking for an internship, they fucking love references in the UK). One of them offered me a job assisting for this project (traditional animation short) since I made a good impression on him back then. He's paying me out of his own wages. Not a whole lot (around £10/foot) but it's definitely good for the CV/reel etcetera. He's taking me on for his next project too. Networking fucking sucks to do but boy does it work. Just gotta keep in contact with people, they seem to appreciate it.

It's really great so far. Not super creative since I'm just assisting but even getting your toe in the door feels good. Feels like I'm actually getting somewhere. Plus the animator is super old school, makes a living almost exclusively on freelance traditional animation. You just don't see that anymore. It's a great education.
>>
>>2410169
>Ah sorry probably should've mentioned it was a practice when I reposted, not anything I'd write home about. Just meant as something to show employers I can rotate shit etc.

are you applying to be an animator in japan? because that wouldn't be something employers would really care to see in the west to be honest
>>
>>2411151
sounds awesome. Hope you do well.
>>
>>2404221
do the ears turn around on purpose?
>>
>>2411522
I think you'd be surprised. But if anything it at least shows an interest in getting good. After all, what's really important in this field is actually getting in there and getting the chance to impress them. Enthusiasm is real important for a student, they don't expect you to be a pro. I know nowadays it looks like all they want is AfterEffects wizardry and that's it, but traditional/2D skill is still really important. This is also why they really like to see good life drawing skills, and a lot of studios organize that for their employees even in studios where they focus on that sweet advertising dough.

>>2411648
Thanks! I think we're gonna make it, anon.
>>
>>2411151
>foot
Can you explain what this is?
I've heard the term I never really understand it.
>>
File: ss+(2016-02-23+at+04.08.16).png (164 KB, 705x903) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-02-23+at+04.08.16).png
164 KB, 705x903
>>2411830
>>
File: catleaping.jpg (319 KB, 700x1167) Image search: [Google]
catleaping.jpg
319 KB, 700x1167
Beginner here. I'm trying to do a little bit of animation, don't know if I'm good enough to get into it but it's the reason I'm learning to draw so I thought I might as well.

I did some of the ball bouncing animations and generic stuff like that but it got boring so I thought I'd do somehing more interesting and I produced these simple drawings of a cat leaping as a basis for animation, I kinda wanted to get a feel of the motion before animating it. Is this good enough? Should I continue with this or just go back to drawing bouncy balls?
>>
>>2413691
It will definitely move. Keep going! Pay attention to the legs, really exaggerate it in my opinion, cats are perfect for when you want to play with squash-and-stretch.

However you can only fix it properly after you see it move, so I'd definitely move forward with it and test it out.
>>
I want to learn how to animate for a video game. I think my biggest problem will be consistency, theres no way I could draw every thing to be the exact same proportion 30 times. Do you think pixel art would be much easier to animate?
>>
>>2414062
High quality pixel art is much harder to animate than regular digital animation.
Either go low quality, or practice animating a lot.
>>
>>2414107
Or use puppets, that's an option too. https://youtu.be/5RTkImAOJKM
>>
>>2414113
Very cool, thanks for that.
>>
hey guys im curious what your experience with animation schools are. Which places offer the best programs?
Dream school is... the obvious. CalArts, but money is part of an issue. So is the low as fuck acceptance.
SVA seems pretty cool. I really want to get into Sheridan though.
>>
I need some help picking out a new computer /ic/

There was one I had in mind but I was looking through the toonboom hardware requirements and found out it wouldn't really be optimal for it. Any recommendations for something I'd almost exclusively be using for toonboom and other video editing programs?
>>
I was wondering, is 3D animation easier than 2D animation or cheaper?

As most of the big disney films are now 3D. You only see certain kids tv show have 2D animation nowadays.
>>
>>2415462
3D animation is more expensive, and easier.
But the 3D process takes much more time: Modelling, texturing, lighting, rendering, etc. So even if animating in 3D is easier, the entire process leading up to the animation is still tough.
>>
File: 257.gif (475 KB, 160x120) Image search: [Google]
257.gif
475 KB, 160x120
Anyone know a place with good easytoon tutorials. I want to be able to animate like this.
>>
>>2415474
Which explains why when a lot of people turn to 3D animation for low-budgeted things like commercials or even some tv shows, they can end up looking uncanny valley because there's no texturing.
>>
File: 2016-2-22 test1 animation test.webm (246 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-2-22 test1 animation test.webm
246 KB, 1920x1080
>>2403910
>>
Question. Which Toonboom torrent do you recommend the most? Lately, I'm getting started in animating stuff so yeah. Hope it's not too much to ask for. Thanks in advance! Keep drawing, bros
>>
>>2408742
he draws some pretty joung traps man.. but it's cool. he's gotten more active on facebook again. he did some kicktstarter like thing a while ago and he seems to be in a good place.

I kinda wish he would do some kind of video thing where he animates or draws something, that be cool
>>
Brainstorm for animation ideas and concepts. What are some practical methods?

The way I do it it flailing my arms and body around until I think about what the timing would be like in animation. I draw a little bit. The moment I stop moving the concepts and ideas escape me and I have to repeat everything over and over again until I've made some progress on the animation.
>>
>animation thread
>every one of it is "l-lets draw waifus in motion g-guyz..."
This why you wont get anywhere. Most of people here dont even try to become better artists before learning how to animate. They dont even know proper anatomy yet...holy shit.
Stop drawing your le ebin stick figure epic fight or "waifu walk cycle".

Like this cuck for example >>2416069
Why you drew those figures with square-shaped forms? Draw more fluid/curved forms - it will make animation look smooth.
Even on sketch stage.

Never fucking draw square-arms. Stop playing minecraft and watch traditional disney animations.
>>
>>2416126
you're free to post your own animations in the thread at any time, hoss
It'll give more weight to your words, right now, nobody has any reason to take you seriously at all
>>
File: 1430056504677.png (672 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1430056504677.png
672 KB, 960x540
>>2416146
>m-muh butthurt...wh-what to do
>oh i knoe!
>POST ART FAGIT. XDD
keep drawing your le ebin minecraft fight. You doing great so far!
>>
>>2416146
>It'll give more weight to your words, right now, nobody has any reason to take you seriously at all
Not him but you don't have to post your work on anonimous board to add "weight" (lol) to your words.
Stop making lame excuses and take critisism instead. "Post work" meme is old as fuck, and you can literally post any work because nobody knows for sure if its yours.
Post your work is the 1st sigh on butthurt.
>>
File: fsdfsdfsfdsdf.png (68 KB, 1093x457) Image search: [Google]
fsdfsdfsfdsdf.png
68 KB, 1093x457
>>2416164
>Draw more fluid/curved forms
noted

Why shouldnt I use square arms?
>>
>>2416181
Unless what you're animating is mechanical in nature, curves help define the body as organic better.
Curves of every flavor are everything in animation
y'know, arcs and shit
>>
>>2416174
No, PYW is the appropriate response to dunning kruger sounding faggotry.
>>
>>2416188

No it isn't, spend some time away from /ic/
>>
>if you can't animate a ball who cares what you think
Uh ok, but I have a better idea
>don't be an asshole
>soup or cereal about this you guys
>>
>>2416217
fuck off tripcunt
>>
>>2416216
You wouldn't take autistic angry art advice from a stranger on the street without knowing his art wasn't garbage.
>>
>>2416224
But this is not random. This is a critiqe board anon.
>>
>>2416126
lol, you are full of shit. Either you are trolling or you are fuckdumb.
>>
>>2416091
Second'd this. My school will eventually provide it but I found out they won't until my actual animating classes begin. Since I'm in some fundamental and core classes this first semester that won't be for a little while and I want to try to familiarize myself with the program a little in the meantime.
>>
>>2416115
Wait wait, what?

Nigga you stand around having a seizure and that's the only way you can come up with ideas? If you end up being retarded instead of a secret genius, you're going to have a miserable time doing this on a professional level bruh.

While my go-to "method" of brainstorming is trying not to force it and just doodle mindlessly until something sticks, that isn't really viable for professional level.

I think in your case, you should start with storyboards. You won't have to worry about doing all of the frames of the animation while you're still brainstorming while still getting some key poses and frames down. I personally don't even do that I just do a bunch of seperated drawings while I round things out, then basically copy and paste them where they actually need to go. Sometimes things need to be redrawn but it helps get the ideas out quicker for me.
>>
>>2416126
I literally saw one or two in the last three animation threads that could be consider animating waifus, don't exaggerate just because you hate people who dare do something for fun between studies. You act as though famous artists only ever used references and studies until they got good enough to draw, then they drew what they wanted. People can draw bullshit or even animate it between studies if that's what they want to do. Fuck off outta here and stop sucking on Disney's cock so much like it's the only animation studio worth looking at.
>>
>>2416164
So you can't draw either can you?

>>2416181
While what the one anon said about it looking more organic is true, sometimes a blocky drawing style works for certain types of scenes, so don't let it sound like you can absolutely never use them.

In general it won't look very pleasing to the eye because it'll look a little off to the viewer too. That's what I always thought about those styles when it was the main style, but they can be cool when used correctly
>>
File: inkwalk.gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
inkwalk.gif
2 MB, 640x360
Walk cycle I had to do for one of my classes
>>
File: catleap1.gif (573 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
catleap1.gif
573 KB, 1600x1200
Ayy this is really difficult but very fun at the same time.
>>
>>2416931
Are you rotoscoping or drawing from a video by any chance?

If you are... stop.

Your animation has no form or weight.

I'm not going to baby you, go read the animators survival kit.

Also things like this is what makes these generals shit along with the constant arguments and shit posting.

Anyone who is serious about animation I recommend leaving this place.
>>
File: smh.gif (489 KB, 500x198) Image search: [Google]
smh.gif
489 KB, 500x198
>>2417590
>people posting their animations in the animation thread is what makes animation threads shit
>>
>>2417590
>Also things like this is what makes these generals shit
what?
>>
>>2417590
Stfu. We need more people like him posting their work, it doesn't matter if it's bad. I agree with you about the quality of his animation though.
>>2416931
You need to add some anticipation. Make the cat lean down and prepare for the jump before he actually does it. Also check out the animators survival guide.
>>
File: 2016-2-22 test1 try2.webm (341 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-2-22 test1 try2.webm
341 KB, 1920x1080
>>2403910
The upside down V in the background is to convey camera panning to the viewer. Did I fuck it up? Hows the skip-to-punch part? Is it bad? This is still a work in progress. Crits welcomed pls.
>>
>>2416907
looks interesting
can be more exaggerated though
>>
>>2416626
(the anon who asked question about torrent)
So far I only found Mac version working but Win isn't working (12.2 Premium Harmony) where the program's alright except the tools don't work, I haven't tried Harmony 10 ver yet.
>>
File: 14.gif (43 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
14.gif
43 KB, 300x169
Guess I'll upload a wip I started last night. Trying to do those 51 animation exercises off that one site. It's hard to just jump into animating without knowing exactly how your character looks. So maybe it would be better to animate an already-made characters that way you don't start drawing your character different within a few frames.
>>
File: snackbar.gif (163 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
snackbar.gif
163 KB, 600x338
>>
>>2404248

This is really nice! If I could make some suggestions to look out for in the future, or for you to try on this animation via new roughs:

-Think about ease in/ease out more thoughtfully in your work (i.e. making it more pronounced when it calls for it). For example, you could have slowed into the insertion much more, which would not only add more variety to the motion but it'd make it seem like the ass is a tighter fit, which fits with the face too. Right now the timing/spacing is a bit boring.
-Be careful with your volume consistency. There are some very wobbly forms in the arms and the shoulders, a bit in the thigh/knee area too
-Speaking of your form consistency, judging spacing and the quality of the inbetweens I have a feeling that you rely on the light table/onion skins a lot. Overusing it can be troublesome because (at least for me) you'll tend to draw very flatly, and you won't see as many opportunities for adding breakdown drawings. Instead, when you're roughing out your inbetweens try flipping between the drawings to check between the keys (which should ideally make you think harder about what you're drawing since you're relying on quick impressions). Use the light table for inbetweens that are more or less tracing between lines, and for checking for consistency
-On that note, if you like using the light table a lot you should check out TVPaint. Their light table is really customizable, and the off pegs feature is a godsend.
>>
>>2417590
>Also things like this is what makes these generals shit along with the constant arguments and shit posting.
Yeah, you're really doing a good job at not being a part of that.

I'll try reinterpreting what you said without being a jackass:

>>2416931

Are you rotoscoping or drawing from a video by any chance? If you are, be cautious. Reference is a good thing to use, but it should be used more fill in what you don't know and to analyze rather than to simply copy from.

(By the way, your old post could be misinterpreted as telling someone to not look at live action footage when they're learning to animate, which is a terrible idea)

Your animation displays a poor recognition of form and conveying weight. You need to work on your drawing a lot more; There's a reason that there's a whole chapter on draftsmanship in the Animator's Survival Kit. Speaking of which, once your drawings are more confident read through that book again and practice/analyze the examples.
>>
>>2417739
Timing seems alright but I don't get your camera pan triangle.

>>2418428
Your little fag is floating mid air once he got up from he chair. Draw perspective lines to make sure that doesn't happen.

>>2418538
Edgy/10
>>
File: turtlewalk.gif (515 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
turtlewalk.gif
515 KB, 550x400
>>
Would anyone happen to have or know of some tutorials on developing a workflow an style similar to Hotdiggedydemons or Oneys in flash? Something that is inbetween puppet and traditional animation?
>>
>>2419127
Those shaded legs in the back are all wonky, remember that the right-sided legs do the same thing as the left side just at a different time. Quadrupedal walk cycles can be pretty confusing, it's easy to make them look like they're limping.

Just remember to draw out your arcs of motion to plan out where everything is heading~

>>2419170
I know Jazza has some puppet tutorials but I can't say how good they are. Doesn't Oney have tutorials he made himself though?
>>
>>2419186
He does, but sadly none really get into the stuff I'm looking for Jazza has some, but he relies pretty heavily on puppet animation, so his stuff often comes out looking cheap. I need to find a workflow and style that allows me to draw just enough to make my stuff look decent, but not so much that I burn myself out.
>>
>>2404248
Really hot tbqh
>>
File: asdad.png (104 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
asdad.png
104 KB, 960x540
I know my art isn't that good but is it at least at a good enough level to start animating? Should I keep trying to improve before I touch animation?
>>
File: turtlewalk.gif (522 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
turtlewalk.gif
522 KB, 550x400
>>2419186
Thanks for the tip! This is my first time animating anything with four legs, and it gets really confusing, haha. Does this look any better?
>>
>>2419392
Heh, look at him go. Little turtle keeps on marching. Where is he going? Nobody knows.
>>
>>2419350
it's good enough, go for it.
>>
>>2419350
Just start learning bruh
Someone who is good at drawing won't necessarily be good at animating, so just get busy learning how to animate while also studying your fundamentals
>>
>>2419350
I know this is /ic/, but "good" really is subjective. As long as your drawings and animation is appealing, people will say it's good. If animation is what you want to focus on, then do that. Would it make sense to learn French if you wanted to speak Chinese??

Similarly, artists choose what they want to be good at; Kim Jung Gi doesn't color much because he focuses on perspective, the actual drawing, design, etc; Don Hertzfeldt doesn't care about making good drawings cause he focuses on humor and writing. If drawing "good" is something you want to get good at, then you're the one to decide if it's something to focus on in addition to learning animation.
>>
File: turtlewalk.gif (396 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
turtlewalk.gif
396 KB, 550x400
>>2419413
Maybe it's not the destination that matters, but the friends he makes along the way.
>>
>>2419648
the loop is a little off, it's an issue of spacing

check out the survival kit, it's full of walk cycles

if you're going to animate a turtle, learn its anatomy. go to youtube and watch them walk around, learn how they move.

one of the first things that came to mind is that would a turtle walk that quickly? probably not. that's not to say you can't exaggerate it and make him walk however quickly or slowly you want.

again the mechanics of a turtle walk and its anatomy can be caricatured or outright ignored if that's your intent. just don't do it out of lack of knowledge.

also the head bob seems a little odd.

if you want to practice walks try doing them from a 3/4 view, it's a lot more challenging but also more rewarding

hope you've got some stuff to think about now
>>
>>2408523
How can i get the animation docker in krita, or is it just for linux?
>>
>>2419877
You need to download the beta and enable it in the windows drop down menu.
>>
posting here too cause It's animation related
>>2420307
>>
>>2420309
Work in other fields shouldn't really matter, I don't put down my retail etc experience in my animation-related CV at all. If you really do have a kickass showreel, I recommend trying out for an internship or for assisting so you can get some experience in your CV. Would also provide you with the contacts you'll need in the industry. Does your school provide any client work? Also I would consider maybe mentioning any personal short film (especially if it has been shown at any festival).

In any case work with what you've got, mostly the showreel should speak for itself.
>>
>>2420371
Good to know. I have a short film in the works, hopefully that will help me out when I'm job hunting.
>>
>>2420378
Oh and also, find any excuse to keep in contact with any lecturers who might be professionals, freelance or otherwise. Might get you some work.
>>
>>2419702
Dang, thanks for all the tips! This is all super helpful!

As for referencing, I know that nothing beats studying real life, but how do you guys feel about referencing other animators? I'm working on a dog walk rn while referencing old Balto model sheets.
I know it's not as good as real life, but I have a hard time breaking down all the information I see, and I think the model sheets help with that a little. Thoughts?
>>
>>2419423
>>2419482
>>2419521
Alright, thanks guys. I'll pick up the animators survival kit soon. I just wasn't sure because last time I posted on here I got shit on and everyone told me to learn how to draw and it said the same thing in the animator's survival kit. I wanna get good at drawing and animating so I guess I'll start working on both,
>>
File: Untitled-1.gif (76 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.gif
76 KB, 550x400
Kind of want to try my hand at effects, any tips?
>>
File: halasflame.gif (35 KB, 1000x638) Image search: [Google]
halasflame.gif
35 KB, 1000x638
>>2421370
Think of fire as if it were dancing, or at least rising steadily. What you made looks more like a mix between a flame and a firework.
>>
File: 2016-2-22 test1 try3.webm (434 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-2-22 test1 try3.webm
434 KB, 1920x1080
>>2418893
Yea it didnt make sense. I replaced it with a rectangular object.

Does it look like the camera is panning back and forth now?
>>
>>2421370
Look at these tutorials:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWqU7GVAa6s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryt2V8Shglc
And then go to Chluaid's website to look at his effects drawing course. He specializes in it.
>>
>>2421419
It's a great course. I never finished it because I wanted to work on my drawing, but you can tell he really knows what's up.
>>
File: Alan_Gordon_disc.jpg (17 KB, 314x223) Image search: [Google]
Alan_Gordon_disc.jpg
17 KB, 314x223
Gonna start building an animation disc
wish me luck
>>
Thoughts?

http://marcanimation.tumblr.com/post/134926204814/hello-ive-been-thinking-about-this-a-lot
>>
File: nyokilicktest3.gif (301 KB, 1000x850) Image search: [Google]
nyokilicktest3.gif
301 KB, 1000x850
critique the ffffuck out of me please
>>
>>2421465
I like it. The only thing that jumps out at me is the upper torso, it's too stationary. Even re-drawing it in the same position once or twice would liven it up. As of now it looks like the head and torso aren't connected properly.
>>
>>2421465
its at its limit I think. Its good as a limited animation. limited head sway, static torso. I like it. if you animate the torso it will turn into totally other style.

head/hairline is rising a little too much at one point.
>>
File: this thing.png (27 KB, 355x283) Image search: [Google]
this thing.png
27 KB, 355x283
>>2421467
upper torso? How do you mean? Do you mean like moving this thing?

>>2421486
You mean moving this thing, right? Or am I misunderstanding?

>head/hairline is rising a little too much at one point.
I see you what you mean. I'll fix it
>>
>>2421465
I like it as well. Nothing really wrong with it per se considering I think it achieves its goal (kinda graphic style, purely aesthetical stuff), altho the sleeves kinda bug me. The creases on the arm on the right are kinda a mess for the cleanliness portrayed otherwise. The sleeves in general don't really follow a pattern of motion that well; is the fabric hard or flowy? Possibly just tone it down a bit, the primary motion is pretty rigid so too much wavyness on the arms makes it look slightly sloppy in comparison. Collar might move a tiny bit too but I don't think it's too important for such a static loop.

Just be me nitpicking tho. Nice job!
>>
>>2421493
I'm >>2421467
and yeah, I meant the part with the collar that you circled.
>>
>>2421435
seconding this. Is this a good game plan? I've also heard good things about John K's course.
>>
File: shit.gif (301 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
shit.gif
301 KB, 550x400
Lines are wobbly as fuck but I'm having fun practicing the movements.
>>
>>2421847
Fun, but but the ass pan and transition of eating to shitting could be more smooth.
>>
>>2421850
Cheers, maybe sketching the key poses first might help with the timing and smoothness in the future.
>>
>>2421847
there are not stops, no frame to breath. instead fo a tempo it just "runs"
maybe you can ad a chomping frame for 2-3 frames when it eats its face.
>>
>>2417739
Unless you are having the head smashed like play dough parts as a joke, I'd suggest animating the woman's body reacting to the blow a bit more.Since he struck with a forward punch, either have her body knocked back or her body continuing to move forward before collapsing.
>>
>>2422076

see: >>2421409

the head pop is for giggles
>>
>>2403910
You guys always shit on SVA but guess where OP's pick when to SHE WENT TO SVA, THAT'S RIGHT SVA SO SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT MY SCHOOL I'M GONNA BE A FUCKING GOD IN A ANIMATION YOU'RE GONNA BE FUCKING NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>2410614
Got a download link?
>>
File: R&MTest.gif (2 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
R&MTest.gif
2 MB, 800x450
http://elenamanetta.tumblr.com/post/140154064480/a-lip-sync-test-i-was-working-on-way-back-when-the

An incomplete Rick & Morty lip sync test I started months back.
When I went back to it, I really hated most of the drawings and the timing for some of the acting felt off, so I felt I should scrap it and just redo it when I have some free time in the future.

>>2422352
TAKE MARIOOOO MENJIVAR.
>>
>>2422388
w-would you suggest sva for traditional animation
>>
>>2422393
If you have the means to blow cash on college and it's one of the closest 2D animation choices, you would have to pick the right teachers to really get the full benefit out of it. My picks are: Mario Menjivar (animation/model drawing), James Grimaldi(screenwriting), Don Poynter(perspective), Stephen Gaffney (model drawing). But these are all recommendations only matter after freshmen year. For freshman year, you have to pick one out of four pre-made schedules with set teachers. Unfortunately, the freshmen animation teachers aren't super great. They were usually laidback and popped in Richard Williams videos, but that was years ago and I think the chairman scolded a couple of them for that, so they may have improved.

My personal experience didn't get good until my third year. I think my animation improved drastically in the two years I studied with Mario compared to the first two years when I first entered the school. Like, during my freshman and sophomore year, I thought maybe animation isn't for me, maybe I just want to get into storyboarding. But then Mario taught me the proper way to flip your pages which helps a lot, even digitally, because I still flip using hotkeys. I was able to see the animation better and get more excited about doing it.

So would I suggest it, I mean, I think I came out better for it, but I have no idea what the alternative would be if I had never gone. I've been doing well for myself so far and even though I have a ton of debt, I'm not super worried about it. You would probably have to ask a few more people their opinions on SVA to get a good idea (I can recommend some people to ask if you want). If you don't have the money, are unable to scholarships, have no financial support, and probably need to work two jobs just to survive paying tuition, don't go because you'll be so busy, you won't learn anything. I know a couple of people who had to prioritize job over school just to pay for school, ironically.
>>
Is it possible to become a great animator self taught?
>>
>>2422431
Yes. That's how the golden age masters did it. Just practice a shit ton of foundation drawing and once you're good at that, practice animation while using references, which makes teaching yourself a lot easier and faster. They used references back then too, it's way more convenient now, in theory, we should all be master animators because of it + the founding fathers already did the principle discovery legwork for us.

Just remember the difference studying anatomy can make: Look at the animals in Snow White then compare it to Bambi. Look what a fucking drastic change it is. They actually have joints in Bambi instead of all being balls and flour sacks.
>>
>>2422442
I see, just wondering. Thanks for putting things into perspective. Still a beginner, learning form, anatomy, and all that good stuff. I know when I see other people's work, I always hear stuff like "oh, you can tell so and so was professionally taught" and it had me thinking if it was possible to self taught this subject.

Granted, I'll be hitting up an animation course anyways, but I was wondering if I can actually get a lot of knowledge via self taught. And if that's the case, I'm willing to do the work. Thanks for that info!
>>
>>2415601
Lol no eastoon tutorial will help you animate like that, that's just a really good animator
>>
>>2422431
Yeh...Once you master drawing, it comes down to mastering and studying movement. You don't need anyone to spoonfood you stuff, figure it out on your own and develop a style
>>
File: Room.jpg (390 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Room.jpg
390 KB, 800x450
I just finished this animation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Feu4BTNMFfM
Any tips on how to make future stuff better? Like, art wise or animation wise
>>
File: 119646054436.png (305 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
119646054436.png
305 KB, 640x480
>>2422521
If you're going for the egoraptor thing then that's fine. I would study perspective and life drawing more if I really wanted to get good though. Your backgrounds and compositions are really youtubey(arbitrary color choices, diverging perspective, little to no consideration for cinematography), and your characters lack weight and gesture. Studying film composition and color theory would be good for you too.
Here is a nice example how fundamentals can be applied to cartoony styles.
https://vimeo.com/152376671

Congrats on making 4 STONKING minutes of animation though. You're more productive than 95% of the posters in these threads. Keep it up.
>>
File: 209519432_7e5531432e_z.jpg (30 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
209519432_7e5531432e_z.jpg
30 KB, 640x480
I suddenly remembered this song, and looking at the opening this fight scene is so fucking fast.

I opened the video in VLC and I had to slow it to 12% to be able to fully analyze the characters movements.

https://youtu.be/TnsrMqbndkQ?t=1m9s
>>
>>2422431
Many great Japanese animators are self-taught because animation schools in Japan are shit.
>>
>>2422550
Goddamnit Mei, not now.
>>
This is probably the best indie animation I've seen in a while

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmkAcGz1BJk

>mfw the blacks will be the ones that rescue animation
>>
>>2423104
>tfw only blacks know how to draw anime outside of japan and make it look better

why was I born with my current color ;_;
>>
>>2423104
Lol at Turbocock and Ninjapepe
>>
>>2423104
Internet weeb/furry negroes are my favourite flavour of subhuman, aside from grape ape. This is cool shit.
>>
>>2423104
dammm. that makes modern anime look like some fanmade garbage.
>>
>>2423104
Applied for an internship with these guys, I hope senpais notice me. They're even responsible for that Leonardo DiCaprio Oscar game, literally everything they make is 5/5
>>
File: artbook.jpg (22 KB, 599x421) Image search: [Google]
artbook.jpg
22 KB, 599x421
>>2423104
http://thelineanimation.bigcartel.com/product/super-turbo-atomic-ninja-rabbit-groundworks

It's little much for an art book (the shipping kills me) but it's well earned. I could have bought the digital one for like $3 but fuck that, that was awesome; hell I think I'll buy a poster too.

>inb4 shill

Nope, just a guy that appreciates fine art
>>
>>2423145
Woah what is their company called? (I want to apply too now)
>>
>>2423166
The Line Animation. They're London-based. Good luck (not as much as me tho)!
>>
>>2422550
>egoraptor
my bad

But thanks, that's actually pretty darn good advice. I'll look into that stuff for sure.
And good video, I see how that's way different from what I'm doing
>>
What do you guys hope to achieve with animation? Do you wanna make a name for yourself on youtube, work at a studio, make short films, etc? What do you want to do once you git gud?
>>
>>2422388
nice to see some more solid stuff in this thread.

love your stuff elena hope you continue posting your stuff on this board.
>>
File: pine.gif (687 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
pine.gif
687 KB, 640x360
any good timing tips? I feel like I'm spending a lot of extra time just trying to find the right timing for each frame.
>>
File: 1450582428171.jpg (23 KB, 611x633) Image search: [Google]
1450582428171.jpg
23 KB, 611x633
>tfw don't like animation that much
>but Sheridan College 10k from me
>gonna go to random bumfuck Humber College because I like illustration'

who can be assed with that 4 year+ program... rather do 2 years, shave off the work visa requirement, and just git gud on my own
>>
>>2424028
the work visa requirement is for a bachelor's degree.

why do you need a work visa if you want to work as an illustrator? just do freelance.

also not sure the quality of humber's illustration program but seneca's illustration program isnt very good, had a friend go through it and i think he still works at metro.
>>
>>2424028
>>2424121
>deep into Sheridan's animation program for that degree and work visa
>realize i kinda just want to work in toronto
damn
>>
>>2424133
h-hey. same. what do you wanna do and at what studio anon?
>>
File: saf.gif (427 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
saf.gif
427 KB, 1280x720
He's in the bottom right for future composition reasons. Like, bones are gonna fly in the background. Anywho, I need help with anticipation, and obviously my fundamentals are pretty out of wack. All I ask is that you point out specific problems, and suggest a specific solution.
>>
>>2424121
>the work visa requirement is for a bachelor's degree
Does it have to be an art or animation degree if I want to work as an animator in the States?
>>
>>2424229
it would help. i would inquire to specific studios
>>
Chacking to see if the Estonian anon that was planning on studying animation at EKA is maybe here.
>>
File: meowth.gif (394 KB, 425x350) Image search: [Google]
meowth.gif
394 KB, 425x350
How do I get a job working on the Pokemon cartoon?
>>
>>2424155
How about you tell us what he's supposed to be doing exactly because it's really hard to tell
>>
https://www.toonboom.com/products/harmony/system-requirements

Can anyone please recommend a good prebuilt computer I can order online that fits these requirements? I have a budget of $1200
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.