[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EMBARRASSING EPIPHANIES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 32
File: 608.jpg (67 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
608.jpg
67 KB, 709x765
ITT: We post embarrassing shit it took us WAY too long to realize.

Come on in and laugh at yourself, maybe you'll learn something too.

>mfw it took me 3 years to realize that my faces looked fucked up because I was replacing my lines with paint instead of painting inside them until I develop an edge.
>>
File: mfw.png (129 KB, 744x834) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
129 KB, 744x834
>happy 14 yr old with animu mouse drawings
>get told my animu girls look 'a bit fat'
>??? 'b-but they look fine to me..'
>even though other people point it out too, live in constant denial
>years later, look at drawings on another computer
>turned out my computer screen was fucked up, narrows everything by a few crucial pixels
>mfw all my digital drawings I have every done are fucked up

I still remember the crushing realisation
>>
Took me fucking YEARS to realize you could defeat white page syndrome by putting down a layer of grey.

I felt immense joy at this new solution but I still wanted to sudoku myself a little bit.
>>
>>2403753
its going to take me years to figure out what the fuck you just said.

also EVERY KISS BEGINS WITH KAY (K....iss)
>>
>>2403753

>all of my work is actually garbage
>>
>>2403784
That's actually kind of funny.
>>
>>2403784
this is pretty good actually lol.

Here's mine:

> ALWAYS draw highlight at the point where the light hits
>in my bathroom theres this window that clearly shows that not hows its done, everytime i take a shit for a month i look at the highlight MOVE, BUT I DONT GET IT
>dont get it, get pissed off and go back to shitting
>watch proko video illustrating shade and light
>I get it!
>the highlight comes from the angle where it bounces back to you not from where it receives the light.
>everything is a mirror.
>>
>>2403822
Dude, i almost wrote the exact same thing. Thought i double posted when your comment came up.
>>
>>2403818

When you make lineart and start to fill in, don't paint over the border lines. If you do, your face will begin to look distorted. Paint until your border is defined by the pain and lower opacity/erase your lineart where needed.
>>
>>2403813
The other surefire method is drawing a dick in the corner
>>
>>2403832
Holy shit, dude! Let's make out!
>>
>>2403862
Jerk
>>
Underline Structure is really helpful
>>
>>2403862
rekt
>>
took me 2 years to realize I always drew short-legged people. They looked like chimps
>>
>>2403830
My brain just got annihilated.
>>
>>2403813
I used to beat this by drawing today's date in the corner
>>
>>2403830

see if you got this one:

>water reflections are not actually the reflected plane flipped upside down and mirrored. instead it's basically the exact same stuff mirrored into the bottom, but distorted in the same perspective with which it was constructed right-side-up.

triggers my superiority complex pretty dramatically when i notice someone fuck this up.
>>
>>2403784
had the same shit happened to me. except I knew about it but couldn't manage to calibrate the screen correctly due to faulty drivers, corrupted hard drive or some shit. sometimes the screen looks great other times the resolution just fucked up upon reboot. later I just formatted everything and it got solved.
>>
I just now found out about "lock transparent pixels".

T-thanks ctrl-paint.
>>
I spent years using the shitty default color picker in Photoshop.
YEARS.
And only now did I stop and think "I wonder if there's a plugin that makes this easier to use".

Holy fuck yes is there plugins, and wow I've wasted so much time just by using the default one, especially getting color tones correct (all of that shit can be automated). So much time wasted.
>>
>>2403837
>Paint until your border is defined by the pain
Edgy
>>
>>2403753
My first tablet wasn't recognising pressure levels. I spent months just figuring I wasn't good enough since I had no basis for comparison
>>
A friend suggested about a decade ago, that with a wacom, you can put paper on the tablet surface to get more control over your inking.

While that's all well and good, what I didn't realize was that sketching is ALSO improved by putting paper on the tablet. Haha whoops! Found that one out about two months ago.
>>
>>2403837

>paint until your border is defined by the pain

/ic/ has a new motto
>>
>>2404189

Whaaaat

Got a link?
>>
>>2404014
I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOURE SAYING LOL
>>
Oh yeah... And last night I learned that textured brushes can help you render better.
>>
File: yes.png (82 KB, 275x365) Image search: [Google]
yes.png
82 KB, 275x365
>>2403830
>>2404014
what
>>
File: like this.jpg (47 KB, 507x548) Image search: [Google]
like this.jpg
47 KB, 507x548
>>2404395
he probably meant something like this.
>>
>>2404476
he meant that, except in perspective
>>
File: 1426626499327.gif (998 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
1426626499327.gif
998 KB, 250x251
>>2404014
wut
>>
>>2404480
Anon said in the same perspective as if it was constructed straight up.
>>
>>2404486
yes. and?
>>
>>2404014
he's sayibg that reflections of light form in straight lines between the object emittng the light and the "eye" of the "viewer" in your painting. noticed this during one of many rainy day walks
>>
>>2403813
What's white page syndrome
>>
>>2404541

you get too spooked to draw anything when the page is stark white
>>
>new fashion illustration class is available to take
>heard its a really good instructor who's new and it's his first class teaching
>decide to wait until next year to take his class
>hear another instructor call him "Mr.Espinoza"
>don't think much of it
>i usually sit in the vicinity of his class where open computers are so i can work on digital illustration hw
>it fucking hits me
>fucking ANDY ESPINOZA is teaching literally 5 feet away from me
>get super fangirly but contain myself because I'm a man
>fucking andy espinoza is literally right there

Holy shit why is CCS so based.
>>
File: anonsadviceonlearning.png (553 KB, 520x844) Image search: [Google]
anonsadviceonlearning.png
553 KB, 520x844
>ALL YOU KNOW IS A LIE
>YOU SUCK AT DRAWING
>YOU MUST RELEARN EVERYTHING YOU THOUGHT YOU EVER KNEW
>>
>>2404014
This used to piss me off too. I thought light was static for way too long.
>>
>>2403830
What??? P
>>
>light bulb, understand how to make the drawing work
>capitalize on it for a couple hours, intense focus, totally in the zone everything is intuitive, nothing but net, etc etc
>come back the next day
>what the fuck did I do?
>slamming my head against the wall for weeks trying to figure out what I did that worked
>light bulb
>repeat
>>
>>2403784
Exact same thing happened to me at 15

I should have noticed when I needed to adjust perfect circles because they looked like ovals.
>>
>draw traditionally for years and years
>get pretty good
>don't really talk to people much but always get compliments when they see my doodles
>buy a tablet
>start drawing
>it looks like shit
>people tell me it takes a few weeks to get used to using a tablet
>keep practicing
>still shit
>troubleshoot drivers
>download every art program to find out what the problem is
>still shit
>keep troubleshooting
>spend a year doing this
>art still looks like shit
>realize I just got used to seeing my traditional art so I couldn't tell it was shit
>realize that I was shit and it had nothing to do with the tablet
>>
>>2405116
>draw around a perfect circle on my tablet
>gives an oval
It doesn't really bother me because I obviously account for it unconsciously but it was funny when I realised the aspect raito was wrong after years.
>>
File: 1345012702593-3.jpg (82 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1345012702593-3.jpg
82 KB, 256x256
>>2405058
>go to work
>nothing to do
>look up ic stuff
>get all these little epiphanies that maybe would turn into progress if I could capitalize on them
>in the mood.jpg
>get home
>burnt out and don't feel like drawing anymore, forgot my revelations
>>
>>2405276
Fuck this feel.
I know it all to well.
Your room is your problem, anon.
Clean it and post posters and stuff on your walls that inspire you.
>>
>tfw get into stream of consciousness
>do well
>days go by
>don't know how to recreate it
>suck
>>
>>2405331

If you want stream of consciousness/in the zone you need a few things.

One of those is MOTHA FUCKING ASMR VIDEOS.

Go on YouTube and get yourself a video of some qt making brushing noises into the mic and play it in your speakers a med/low volume to relax you.

Also, stop doing stupid shit that takes time. Use your keyboard shortcuts and your tablet wheel to make things faster.

If you want music, use calming or rythmic music. Keep words to a minimum and make sure your music is in a playlist and continually plays so you're not constantly getting interrupted by searching for your next song. That shit will eat up years.

The last thing is marijuana might help if you're one of those people that actually likes to use it for a purpose instead of just getting fucked up.
>>
>>2405134
damn
>>
>>2405342
I got an immediate boner when I watched those.
>>
>>2404467
>>2404993

https://youtu.be/V3WmrWUEIJo?t=4m37s
>>
>>2405373
at 4 37 because 4C is retarded.
>>
>>2403753
thanks for taking that L so i can avoid it anon
>>
>>2405342
I really like nature documentaries. They're nice white noise and occasionally you'll see a cool animal or environment so it's inspiring and good for your visual library.
>>
>>2405155
I spent 8 months drawing on my tablet without forcing proportions so I had to draw a tall oval to get a circle it didn't actually matter in the long run forced proportions and drew for a few hours got used to the change. Why aren't new wacom tablets in 16:9 aspect ratio is the question its like 16:11
>>
>>2405342
ASMR just makes me sleepy and then i stop drawing
>>
>never really paid attention to which way the eyes of a character were looking
>always seemed to be pointing in the general direction of what i wanted
>person who gives me feedback calls me out on it
>slowly realize all of my eyes are staring off into space and shit
>now make pixel perfect adjustments to make sure the eyes are looking where they need to be
>see other people's art and notice that 90% of the time their eyes are staring in strange directions.
>>
>>2405376
whoa, thanks
>>
File: post-spiders-drugs-web[1].jpg (135 KB, 1024x402) Image search: [Google]
post-spiders-drugs-web[1].jpg
135 KB, 1024x402
>>2405342
>marijuana might help if you're one of those people that actually likes to use it for a purpose instead of just getting fucked up.

I do this basically every day, really helps me relax and just draw shit all day instead of shitting on myself and throwing myself into a depression because I'm not as skilled as I'd like to be..
When I'm doing timed studies though, I can notice a pretty significant dive in the final products. It makes it more difficult to make good decisions on the fly, and I think I've noticed some minor hardships when measuring or relating shapes with each other.

Even though pot may give me a harder time, I'm studying shitloads more than I would otherwise, and I think the mileage has definitely improved my art recently.

I often think back to pic related whenever I'm baked, and it sorta holds true from what I've personally observed.
>>
>>2405400
Wacom tablets are 16:10 which is the most common aspect ratio for office displays.
>>
>>2405415
Is there a trick to this? I find myself ctrl-z'ing 500 times before I draw pupils in the exact right position
>>
>>2405433
i select the pupils and tap them with the arrow keys while zoomed out to get position

but its pretty meticulous
>>
>>2403784
similar thing happened when I changed my old crt monitor for 16:9 one, forgot to adjust tablet settings and couldn't figure out why drawing got so hard all of a sudden
(pro tip: put something circular like a coin on the tablet and trace it, if the result is stretched horizontally, you're a retard just like me)
>>
File: 1408711333427.gif (151 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1408711333427.gif
151 KB, 500x375
I didn't know what the pen tool did in vector layers until very recently. I had been trying to do line work with the line/ curved line tools instead.
For. Years.
>>
>Never knew about the 'canvas flip' trick which helps you see if you fucked up drawing something
>Only learnt about it a week ago
>Agonizing pain of going through a years worth of work just to flip them and see how trashy they all are
>>
>>2405134
Wow
>>
>>2403837
this is still too underated
>>
>>2403753
until I was 20-ish I though that babies come out of the ass. I don't know from where I got this idea when I was a small kid, and I never bothered to confirm than. I also had an old unmarried woman as teacher for the biological class and always skimmed over reproduction stuff.

the awkwardness when me and some of my friends were making birth jokes and they realize. and on top of that they are like 4 years younger than me

good think they were close friends, I live in a small village and if that would have spread ...
>>
>>2405496
Until like 13 I thought women peed out the ass but wow.
>>
>>2405463
Im betting you read the new sticky?
>>
>>2405496
I think a green test would have been better, since i also remember from where I got this

>be younger me, shy and stupid
>see a birth video with a very bushy woman
>I ''realize'' that woman make the babies in the stomach since there is where the food for the babies go, and the act of their birth is literally shitting them
>never bring up the subject, my biology teacher is a 60-ish unmarried woman which always skimmed over reproduction stuff
>older me, ~20, chilling with my ~16 bros since those of my age always bully me
>somehow the subject of birth comes up and we make jokes on it
>after one of my jokes, the others stop from laughing and look at me
>...
>''what?''
>they have to explain to me why my joke was bad
>good think they were close friends, in small villages stuff like this would have give me a nickname until my grave
>>
>>2405502
13 is still small, but I can totally relate
>>2405513 it's me
>>
>>2405134
Posts like this restore my faith in humanity.
>>
File: water reflections.png (42 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
water reflections.png
42 KB, 640x400
>>2404476
>>2404480
>>2404486
>>2404487
>>2404538
>>2404395
>>2404014
Pretty sure anon meant this
>>
>>2406802
ohhhhhhh
>>
>>2406802
Oh, that's it?
>>
>>2406802
It smells like teen autism
>>
>>2406802
OOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH
now I understand...
thank you
>>
>>2406955
are you retarded.
>>
File: fixed.png (37 KB, 640x397) Image search: [Google]
fixed.png
37 KB, 640x397
>>2406802
>>
>>2406988
fucking reflections, how do they work?
>>
>>2405276
same shit anon, all my motivation gets nuked after such days.
>>
>>2405400
>>2405430
I have a 16:9 setup as well, but I like having that little strip of extra. I let it spill over in my second monitor so I can take control of my music player (e.g. Pandora) and such without letting go of my pen.
>>
File: plane-mirrors.jpg (22 KB, 364x253) Image search: [Google]
plane-mirrors.jpg
22 KB, 364x253
>>2406988
Try again.
>>
File: 102333252.jpg (53 KB, 506x338) Image search: [Google]
102333252.jpg
53 KB, 506x338
>>2406955
>>
>>2404386

When I use my tablet, I don't let the tip touch the surface at all. I hover over it. Is this bad? I'm fine with painting, but my lines are all shitty.
>>
>>2405584
Lol why?
>>
Yes, yes it is. How does that even work, did you configure a side button to LMB to register your input? Seriously, that's like trying to use a mouse by dangling it around like a pendulum by its cord and then pressing a macro on your keyboard when you want to click.
>>
>>2408012
>>2408329
Derp. Also, painting without pen pressure is godawful, so you might be in for a positive surprise there.
>>
>>2403837
10/10
>>
>>2403813
Sepia is twice as effective
>>
>>2403837
Or just have your line art overtop of a block color layer and then lower the opacity of the line art and start painting details beneath them. After a while you won't need the line art layer on top.
>>
It took me three years shitting at art center and 150000 dollars to realize that the only way to get better is by becoming the biggest loser ever, and that never trust your own feelings of discontempt when you are within the process. If you draw long enough, you'll surpass the 99th percentile of people who compromise at one point in their life and starts to do less than when they started. Passion isn't the feeling when you start the project or the feeling when you pull the 10th all nighter in a month, it's the realization that you have to keep doing this for the rest of your life and not giving up after that. You'll all make it one day.
>>
>>2405502
One of my cousins thought his nutsack was called the "buttsack", because if you bent over you could see it under your ass.
>>
>>2408485
that was inspiring anon
>>
this thread got me fucked up
what is this about reflections
god
>>
File: 1400170503857.jpg (4 MB, 2120x2610) Image search: [Google]
1400170503857.jpg
4 MB, 2120x2610
>>2403830
Nice. This is exactly how to into lighting anything. If you can calculate and compute how the light reflects off the form you're painting and imagine the angles, you can light anything. All light is reflecting and bouncing off of everything to different degrees and intensities.
>>
File: 12monkeys.jpg (452 KB, 1920x1049) Image search: [Google]
12monkeys.jpg
452 KB, 1920x1049
>>2405058
>try painting really high
>hyper focused on details and extremely subtle shifts in hue
>Holy shit this looks amazing
>next day
>made almost zero progress on tiny zoomed in part of a part of the painting
>hue shifts are too subtle to even notice by the non blazed eye

fuck m'life
>>
File: bad.png (166 KB, 616x196) Image search: [Google]
bad.png
166 KB, 616x196
this one's still fresh, here ya go
>paint still life in photoshop
>it's really dark, overcast sky outside, almost evening
>only light from inside my room is my screen
>try to get them subtle value shifts
>mainly working in darkest 10 % of value scale
>every dark value i pick looks the same, can't see shit, keep fucking up
>say fuck it and be done with it, i at least tried
>re-open the image later
>remember you can change the workspace background by pressing f
>press f twice, background turns black instead of default light grey
>nightvision activated
>image suddenly looks super bright, value shifts that were barely recognizable before jump at me
>well that seems useful

I like painting dark images (inb4 edgy), i mean literally dark, low key stuff and this sure will make that shit a whole lot easier.

tl;dr: when painting a low key image, make sure that the surrounding workspace background is dark, so you can actually see shit.

>>2408485
This post really hit something. I read this yesterday and kind of dreamt about it tonight. I dreamt i found old drawings from my dad, that were really good and he told me if he didn't stop then he could have actually made it and I'll surely surpass him easily if i just keep at it everyday. My dad doesn't actually draw whatsoever. So, anyways...

pic not really related but I just read this manga and when I saw this I immediatly had to think of /ic/, so here you go, take this feel
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (995 KB, 2944x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
995 KB, 2944x1080
>>2410377
get with the times granpa

[spoiler]the single problem I have is that opera has the scroll bar light gray on white, and the icon which shows a page is still loading, black gray on black, and I can't change them[/spoiler]
>>
>sometimes I think that I use limited set of poses, then I try something new, and again and again and whoops, 1 hour is gone and all I got are many rough sketches which I just cant choose from
>>
>>2403837

>paint until your border is defined by the pain

Seems accurate.
>>
>>2406988
if the real bird is facing away from you then why would the reflection face towards you.
>>
>>2403784
Just knock the width of each pic by 5 percent
>>
>>2405502
HOLD UP A SEC WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT?
>>
File: real_anime.jpg (352 KB, 2477x3500) Image search: [Google]
real_anime.jpg
352 KB, 2477x3500
>draw anime
Nuff said
>>
>>2407493

That's possibly the least clear and the most confusing explanation I've ever seen on any subject
>>
>>2407214

Think about mirrors, anon. Mirrors are windows into a parallell universe which is a perfect copy of ours, except everything is flipped. If you have a mirror on the floor and place a cube on it, the reflected cube will be appear as a second (flipped) cube glued on to the bottom of the real cube. If the cube is 5 inches above the mirror, the mirrored cube will correspondly be pushed 5 inches into the mirror world from the surface area.

A still lake is essentially a big mirror. A pink bird flying above the the lake will be seen in the reflection as a upside down bird flying in the mirror world, just like the cube example.
>>
>>2406988
This is wrong.
>>
>>2405342
>>2405409
asmr videos are for people who have asmr. I don't understand why anyone else would ever watch those. even i don't like them because it feels too much like pandering.
>>
>>2412015
Have you seen any sites that show efficient tablet workflow? When I'm using photoshop at work, I'm crazy fast, because I've memorized all my relevant hotkeys. Working on a tablet really slows things down for me.
>>
File: aestheticbird.jpg (33 KB, 662x586) Image search: [Google]
aestheticbird.jpg
33 KB, 662x586
>>2406802
>>2406988

Here is a shitty render to settle the debate niggers
>>
>>2412164
Now you are just trolling.
>>
Here's a good one:

>actually being able to judge your own work
>>
>>2412181

It's a 3d render so the reflection is mathematically correct. The bird in your photo is more parallell to the surface and is viewed from another angle.
>>
>>2412164
>>2412197

No you retard if it really was a reflection we should see the underside of the pink bird in the reflection just like in >>2412181 not the top of it
>>
>>2412197
>>2412201
It depends on the angle and also distance. Because the water is lined up with the horizon (our eye level) in the render the reflection is very similar to the real bird. When you are above the water you see the underside of the bird.

These images don't contradict each other >>2412164 >>2412181

If you stand facing someone who is in front of a mirror you will see the back of their head in the mirror. If you move and look at the person from the side you will see an identical reflection.
>>
>>2412201

Yes, yes anon. I am sure you can calculate reflections better than a 3d package. Lel.
>>
>>2405453
tried it. realized that I, too, am a retard
>>
File: wagtailgy-reflection-ganesh.jpg (47 KB, 500x292) Image search: [Google]
wagtailgy-reflection-ganesh.jpg
47 KB, 500x292
Bird reflections. Since a few anons are struggling with the idea. Note how you can see the underside of the wings in the reflection, but not on the actual bird.
>>
>>2403830
OOOHHHH
>>
>>2406802
most things reflected in water won't be directly over the water so will usually look more like the example on the right, and even when things are directly over the water, it will almost always be clouds that are out of frame and only seen in the reflection.
>>
Quality is a function of the time invested into the drawing.

I think we all have the dream of drawing as fast as possible to create all the worlds that we want to see.

But if you want to make good art you can't save time. No matter your level of skill or your intentions, good art is always a heavy time investment.
>>
File: 1436213169028.jpg (62 KB, 1000x900) Image search: [Google]
1436213169028.jpg
62 KB, 1000x900
You're not forced to use thumbnailing, gesturing and sketching just at the beginning
What I mean is that every how-to and tutorial says how you must first thumbnail, then get your gestures, then sketch you major shapes, clean up and you're done! Like an A,B,C,D,...
But this linear method mostly works for studies only.

It's not so simple when you're creating something new without reference. This process is not so clean and obvious.

I got stuck creatively because I couldn't figure everything beforehand.

Then I realized that I could just start on whatever I felt more comfortable.

Stop and thumbnail and sketch on a different paper to figure things out. Then keep drawing on the "master" drawing.

And then whenever I didn't knew what to do then make more gestures and sketching in another paper to figure things out.

Thumbs, gestures, vanishing points... are not steps that you're forced to take at the beginning to make the drawing right. There are tools to help you understand how things works at every step of the process.
>>
>style consistency means nothing, throw it out
>>
File: 321425433456324.jpg (17 KB, 301x297) Image search: [Google]
321425433456324.jpg
17 KB, 301x297
>Study anatomy, draw anatomically correct muscle groups
>study how they overlap and all that good stuff
>Start exaggerating anatomy to develop my own comic-y style
>People occasionally tells me my art looks off, but most people are just impressed so i brush it off as them 'not getting it'
>Get into digital painting and lineart for the first time
>Playing with settings on a scan of one of my drawings
>Find the flip canvas horizontally setting
>Do it
>Realize every single thing i've ever drawn leans to the right
>Every person i've ever drawn was unbalanced
>Cringe so hard thinking back as to those people who told me my pictures were off and i was just like "nahhh"
>they were right
>Everything is a lie

I don't really regret it though, realizing this made me a lot better.

ALWAYS FLIP YOUR CANVAS THOUGH. THINGS CAN LOOK SO RIGHT BUT BE SO WRONG FROM ONE SIDE.
>>
>>2403830
i came here for wisdom to be passed down

thank you wizard
>>
>>2405373
FUCK
for YEARS i thought the high light was the place the object faced the light
>>
>>2405513
Maybe people your age bully you because you're retarded?
>>
>>2409973
Been there dude. Even worse trying to do a serious art piece on lsd. All the colors kept changing and I couldn't focus on my lines so I ended up drawing a scribbly mess fml. My first drawing on L was awesome though.
>>
>>2410377
any idea what manga that screencap is from?
Tried to reverse-search it but got nothing
>>
>>2406802

That's how every reflection works.
>>
>>2412164

All these examples show a bird at the same height as the camera. It's when the camera is pointing down at the bird, with the water below it, that you get a different angle in the reflection.
>>
>>2413364
Double this on the flipping. My worst nightmare is when I forget to do this until I'm done with the lineart. Makes me want to slit my wrists every time.
>>
different hues have different values, e.g yellow is always a lighter value than blue
>>
File: 2.png (83 KB, 297x253) Image search: [Google]
2.png
83 KB, 297x253
>>2413373
Sure.
http://www.mangahere.co/manga/happiness_furuya_usamaru/
It's chapter 6.
It is not about drawing though.
>>
>>2413468
how do I remove saturation on photoshop without losing the original values from the colors?
>>
>>2413364
>you flip your drawings so often now this method loses its efficacy completely
>>
File: yb.png (651 B, 210x276) Image search: [Google]
yb.png
651 B, 210x276
>>2413468
I get what you mean though.
>>
>>2405342
ASMR videos make me fucking want to barf I have no idea why would anyone ever listen to something like that.
>>
>>2413497
setting the image mode to grayscale looks the most accurate to me. both shift+crtl+u or just turning the saturation slider right down look wrong, and putting a layer on top with zero colour and setting its blending mode to saturation looks a bit better but still kind of off.
>>
>>2413318
Being amateur-tier, I think I was beggining to understand this but I didn't want to admit it. Thanks anon
>>
>>2413497
>>2413514
Ctrl+Y.
>>
File: sweaty-man-cartoon-230x300.jpg (16 KB, 230x300) Image search: [Google]
sweaty-man-cartoon-230x300.jpg
16 KB, 230x300
>>2405463
>just made this with my recent drawings
>they still look good
that was close
>>
>>2405453
holy shit, how do I fix this?
>>
I had this one in the shower last night..

I am Illustrat, And so are you.
>>
>>2413856
In your tablet driver's settings there is something like "display properties" or whatever, check the screen resolution there.
>>
>>2405415
I read it's easier to notice/fix if you check by covering one eye so you can see where they're directed at separately. Do you do that?
>>
>>2403837
>When a typo saves your comment from mediocrity
>>
>>2403837

That is so fucking metal.
>>
File: 1452270433575.png (440 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1452270433575.png
440 KB, 633x758
>Feel stressed when drawing.
>Lose motivation and energy pretty quickly.
>Maybe I'm a lazy fuck?
>One day get my eyes tested because I'm bored and it's free
>"So what happened to you old glasses?" The medic says
>"What? I have never worn glasses before..."
>"What the fuck? You're as blind as a bat!"
>"B-But I can read just fine..."
>"Because you're forcing you eyes."
>Get glasses.
>My face when looking at a drawing for the first time in 23 years.
>Spent like two hours just looking at the textures on the pencil on the paper
>Mental fog is gone
>Can now draw for hours
>>
>>2414709
Me, though not that extreme.
>used to be able to draw nonstop for days, for the past few years I have to force myself
>always get headaches when drawing or painting
>nearsighted, only wear ancient pair of glasses to drive
>go to eye doctor for new test, i am now fucking blind
>doctor says eye strain is srs bzns
>get glasses
>feel 200% better now that i can see everything without having to strain, the world around me is in full crisp detail, my posture improved and I was able to draw without it feeling like a chore

I feel pretty stupid for leaving it so long, but I had no idea my eyes were causing these problems, I just figured I'd gotten lazy or depressed over the years. Nope, just blind
>>
File: 1456289917378.jpg (12 KB, 201x199) Image search: [Google]
1456289917378.jpg
12 KB, 201x199
>get mad my lines come out shit when using tablet
>couple of weeks ago realize it's because I always rest my left elbow on the desk
>position gimped my drawing arm's range of motion
>mfw whenever I try to get into the zone I'd slouch over and rest on my left elbow
>every time I tried to relax I fucked myself over because I wanted to be comfortable

JUST
>>
>receive tablet as a gift
>giddy and pump out drawings
>get sad when I see it all looks like shit
>slowly stop drawing
>time passes, I plug in my tablet
>install driver? what the fuck is this?
>find out I've been drawing without pen pressure for months.
>sibling who borrowed tablet & has drawing experience thought "I liked having thick lines"
>months of shit work and deteriorating motivation all due to sibling's stance of not critiquing my art
>why
>>
>>2414709
>>2414793
fucking neglecting your eyesight as a visual artist.
get your shit together u robots.
>>
File: asdfghjgfv.jpg (23 KB, 102x102) Image search: [Google]
asdfghjgfv.jpg
23 KB, 102x102
>>2403753
>Not giving a fuck about animu
>College
>Some teachers recommend very select anime to watch (Ghost in a Shell, Akira, and Miyazaki mostly)
>Decided to give animu a chance
>Had some friends already into animu, but never really talked about it
>Female friends like animu
>Expected them to be into Yaoi
>Turned out they were also into Yuri/Shojo Ai
>Started to realize most women into comics are fucking lesbos

Most of my friends agree, weeabo women are bi and shit, one of my friends had an otaku gf and she ended up cheating on him with another fucking landwhale, something that I wasn't told until somewhat recently.
>>
File: 1456339249915.png (424 KB, 552x654) Image search: [Google]
1456339249915.png
424 KB, 552x654
>>2414978
>find out I've been drawing without pen pressure for months.
how the fuck wouldn't you notice that the first five seconds...
Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.