[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i haven't drawn i about 6 months now and need some help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: ew the head.png (125 KB, 383x589) Image search: [Google]
ew the head.png
125 KB, 383x589
i haven't drawn i about 6 months now and need some help critiquing my work, i know that i fucked up the head but tell me more
>>
>>2402925
t
i
c
k
y

Your drawing fails to create the illusion of volume and depth and lacks any kind of appeal

Your rendering is two-dimensional and your understanding of underlying forms may very well be nil

read the sticky
>>
>>2402925
Why did your render this piece of shit? Next time use beginner thread so people don't laugh as they scroll through the catalog.
>>
>>2402925
Your shading is lack luster and you really don't understand how light works, that ear looks weird af .
you have a lot of work to do so keep practicing

>>2402994
don't be a dick it a critique thread , post your work if you are going to be a dick.
>>
is shit, learn to draw the basics first
>>
Wow, everyone are dicks, its fine, but that right ear should either be pulled further in, or the left one should be sticking out, really, the head should probably just continue back further.
>>
Still better than 10% of /ic/.
>>
>>2403187
are you new here or something?
>>
>>2403007
You're the ass, trying to act like this piece is salvageable. Giving nudges in the right direction like it'll help. There's a complete lack of understanding of fundamentals here.

You could spend hours writing on every little detail and how to fix it but it won't help because OP does simply not have the know-how to properly implement the adjustments. Redlining would be stupid too because it's simply giving away the answer and not any amount of help in the long run. And why should anyone waste their time? There's already a sticky, books, and a number of video resources on art to choose from. The entire internet is at their fingertips. Not to mention critique threads so we don't clutter up the board with threads from a horde of beginners.

But the problem, the biggest problem is the very fact that it's been shaded/rendered. This shows that OP think their stuff is good enough to polish, that it was worthy to be taken to the next level. They need a wake-up call, not a pat on the back thinking it'll be okay.

You want me to be nice? Come to the beginner's thread with the sketch, get advice, get the problems under control to best of your ability before you start in with the color.
>>
>>2403189
if you don't round it up, it's only better than 7% of /ic/
>>
>>2403194
yes.
>>
File: better than 15% of ic maybe.png (322 KB, 846x651) Image search: [Google]
better than 15% of ic maybe.png
322 KB, 846x651
>>2403314
7%of /ic/ is like 5 people lol

such a small board but i prefer it that way
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.