[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: drawing1.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
drawing1.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
help
>>
>>2399231

It'd be wise to resize the image first. 5x3k is too much.

I suppose red should be lit the most, orange halftone, green something between those two. There's also atmospheric perspective, but I know pretty much nothing about it.
>>
>>2399231
You need to know how strong the light is and it's output range.
Look up images of street lamps to get the idea.

Also, learn how to render the five basic shapes.
>>
File: selfbikewreck.jpg (43 KB, 399x554) Image search: [Google]
selfbikewreck.jpg
43 KB, 399x554
holy shit, you're trying to learn and make a fucking complicated lighting scenario with multiple light sources

Red is the most lighted areas, then orange, then side of it (but it's not shadow, just less lighted)

to calculate it, imagine a 3D CONE form from the light sources to the floor, everything inside it is bright, closer and perpendicular to the source, brighter material, brighter it will be

you're unlikely to learn anything with that approach, background is shit
>>
hahaha god damn youre so fucking stupid
have you ever seen steel column street lamps on a fucking WOODEN bridge? and lamps only on one side?
did you think wood planks come in sizes twice as large as a road lamp post? put some thought into it you raging asshat
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.