[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much of talent is real?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
How much of talent is real?
>>
>>2398881
it exists, i wouldnt say its that big of an effect.
>>
Nobody is going to agree because people can't agree on a definition.

I think people who argue that natural aptitude doesn't exist at all are delusional. It feels to me like this "talent is a myth" idea stemmed from people losing patience with unskilled people saying "I'm not talented and that's why I'm bad at art."
Lack of talent is no excuse, you can always accomodate for not being 'a natural'. That doesn't mean talent doesn't exist. Some people just find shit more intuitive than others. Maybe art in general, more often certain aspects of art. I bet if you listed off the different skills in art like perspective, form, anatomy, lighting, construction, etc, you'd get different people saying they found different elements really easy or really challenging, because certain things were intuitive for them. Some people just get perspective, other people rack their brains and really struggle to figure it out. Trying to define around that being talent is just nitpicking because people have fixated on the 'no such thing as talent' idea.
>>
File: 1432244514402.jpg (38 KB, 375x549) Image search: [Google]
1432244514402.jpg
38 KB, 375x549
>>2398881
>my homeschooled 14 ear old sister

Yeah, good job setting that kid up for future failure.
>>
File: 5wBUvaC.jpg (237 KB, 960x1200) Image search: [Google]
5wBUvaC.jpg
237 KB, 960x1200
>>2398881
The pic by the way
>>
>>2398906
better than 14.69 % of reddit.
>>
>>2398911
are you nose bros sister
>>
File: 1425427106036.gif (2 MB, 300x241) Image search: [Google]
1425427106036.gif
2 MB, 300x241
>>2398911
Even reddit is tearing her apart.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/45ttvf/my_homeschooled_14_year_old_sister_has_always/

You guys lied to me. I though reddit was a normalfag hugbox.
>>
>>2398916

I don't really visit reddit, but if /v/'s kneejerk responses to tumblr is any indication you should never take 4chan's word on other internet communities.
>>
>>2398916
have you read the top comment wtf are you on?
>>
>>2398916
I don't know why, but r/pics reactions to art aren't that bad. But r/art or any video game where people post their shitty fanart will be like, "OH SO AMAZING" "WOW I CAN ONLY STICK FIGURE" "DAE CANT EVEN STICK FIGURE? OP IS LITERALLY GOD".
Reddit art community is worse than here, but their other communities aren't as cancerous with art. Pretty paradoxical.
>>
>>2398930
It really isn't that different from a shitpost on 4chan, the only difference between the two are the motives and intent.
>>
>>2398881
Talent is ability to perceive repeating patterns quickly. Either visual, abstract or audible. After you recognize repeated pattern, it's up to your intelect what you can do with it. People who are dumb but have talent are the ones who "feel" stuff. The ones with intelect only are "hardworkers". If you have both you have won life
>>
File: what is talent.jpg (307 KB, 599x1002) Image search: [Google]
what is talent.jpg
307 KB, 599x1002
>>
There are 100 levels.

If you start at lvl 1 you're common. If you start at level 10 you're talented. A talented person could not try and stagnate at level 10 forever, and a regular guy can grind all the way to 100.

The only exception would be prodigies because they can get to level 120.
>>
>>2400834
It's more accurate to say that talented people have a permanent XP amplifier, so they level up, say 2-3x faster than a regular person by putting in the same amount of effort.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.