[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>keep hearing that perspective is the most important thing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: 1447258195137.gif (3 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1447258195137.gif
3 MB, 240x180
>keep hearing that perspective is the most important thing
>its the hardest one
fuck this
>>
>>2397379
whos even saying that? How is it hard, perspective is literally a mathematical equation, you cant get it wrong.
>>
l o l
>>
>>2397381
Perspective is easy when you draw simple boxes but try anything more complex than that.
>>
>>2397383
try anything more complex than that, and then transform everything into boxes. Are you talking about foreshortening? Forced perspective? What was even the point of this thread?
>>
>>2397388
foreshortening it is
>>
>>2397381
math is hard for normies
>>
>>2397410
SO you are teling me that I have to be good at math to draw? Good to know...
>>
>>2397419
if by good, means know how to to multiply the size by the division between of the closest and further points. Then yes, you have to have a 13 year olds grasp of math.
>>
>>2397440
How to do that though
>>
>>2397443
By not being a retard that skipped out of math classes.
>>
>>2397381
>>2397388
>>2397440
>>2397410
>>2397501
You know you're dealing with autists when they say math is related to art in the least.
>>
>>2397583
You know you're dealing with retards when they say maths and physics have no relation to art. How are you going to depict the natural world when you haven't got a clue how it works?
Art is a multi diciplinary subject.
>>
>>2397583
Are you fucking retarded? A mathematical approach to art is how you fucking get anywhere beyond highschool art class tier shit.
>>
File: 1454197569154.jpg (57 KB, 475x417) Image search: [Google]
1454197569154.jpg
57 KB, 475x417
>>2397583
that's not how that works anon
>>
That's because drawing is literally just manipulating perspective. It all comes down to using your brain as a 3D program to run simulations on what shit looks like and then put it on paper.

also there's stuff like creativity and fun that are important
>>
File: 1411183811320.png (93 KB, 429x464) Image search: [Google]
1411183811320.png
93 KB, 429x464
>Draw thing going towards point
>Hard
Nice
>>
>>2397379
>>keep hearing that perspective is the most important thing
/ic/ is the only place where a thread can go worse after this shitpost.

op sucks fzd dick.
>>
How do I learn foreshortening
>>
>>2397379
i remember a little while back the were a bunch of anons always posting stuff about perspective, hard stuff, very technical minutiae about the picture plane and drawing a perfect cube and stuff. it got me really down in the dumps too because i had dunning kruger because drawing from photos and life comes relatively easy to me. then i remembered that Michelangelo quote from when he was 87: "I am still learning." and i realized thats the most fun about art, learning something new. If i ran out of new things to learn i would never get that rush after finishing a really good drawing ever again. Theres nowhere to go but up so dont be so down.
>>
>>2397383

As long as you understand construction you can reduce most things into basic shapes, then apply perspective to those shapes.
>>
The fundamental notion of perspective is that the size of something is inversely proportional to its distance

Something twice as far away will be half as wide and half as tall

This is connected to the "inverse square rule" which is a rule regarding the intensity of light over a distance
>>
>>2398763
I dont like it tho. It means that there is always something missing in my art and I will never do it in a complete way.
>>
Just go through perspective made easy, if you can't handle that you won't be able to handle anything in drawing.

The Scott Robertson type of stuff is only really necessary if you want to go into design or something like that. It's useful to know about but you don't have to go through the whole crazy process of mirroring planes and whatnot every time you draw. Once you understand it you can just rough it all out.
>>
>>2398835

Don't listen to this anon. Scott Robertson's is one of the most important drawing teachers alive today and everyone should study his methods religiously.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.