[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seeing as I have the skill level of -10/10 Where in the world
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1455331887956.gif (1 MB, 262x143) Image search: [Google]
1455331887956.gif
1 MB, 262x143
Seeing as I have the skill level of -10/10 Where in the world do I start? Along with drawabox, what should I be doing to go from not being able to draw a damn thing, to being able to do realistic character art?

Numerous people have said to avoid the sticky so thats what I am doing. And read the Loomis books. Proko, I can't stand his cringeworthy humor. And Robertson seemingly has an extreme hardon for mechs. So what should I do aside from drawabox?
>>
>>2396392

amount of drawabox shilling on this day alone:

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
>>
>>2396403

It's far more helpful than that Loomis and Vilppu crap that people keep recommending to people like OP
>>
>>2396413
drawabox shill, please. your shit is nothing more than watered down peter han described by retard who cannot even draw ellipses properly
>>
>>2396392
>Seeing as I have the skill level of -10/10
iterative drawing self learn
>>
>>2396574

>may not draw ellipses fully perfect but is still better than Loomis garbage
>>
>>2396621
does it make drawacrap better?
N O
O
>>
>>2396625

go back to sucking vilppus droopy deprecated dick and not improving
>>
File: 1453169252303.jpg (213 KB, 555x555) Image search: [Google]
1453169252303.jpg
213 KB, 555x555
>>2396633
get lost cuck, I like Hampton's approach more
>>
>>2396574
Can you recommend me some Peter Han books?
>>
>>2396633

post your work
>>
>>2396625
>draw a crap
Jesus christ

you are either 12 or very old and on the internet for the first time
>>
Keys to Drawing

If you are a beginner the first book you should be going through is Keys to Drawing

Not Loomis, not Vilppu, not Hampton, these are figure drawing books. Figure drawing is not a beginner thing, still life drawing is what a beginner should be doing. You shouldn't be tackling the figure seriously until you're competent enough to draw things that are less difficult than the figure.
>>
>>2396392
>avoid the sticky
You're retarded, even if you don't like some of the authors or the materials the principles taught are the exact same and the only difference between them is the method in how they're taught. Stop treating every single author, book, video series and collective resource like it's own fucking imperious dogmatic thing and realize it's not a means to an end. Go through them all and after learning and taking in what they have to offer formulate your opinion.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.