[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
critique please
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: IMG_20160209_161646427.jpg (649 KB, 3535x2461) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160209_161646427.jpg
649 KB, 3535x2461
Hey guys,
I need critique and advice about my drawings and on deviantart no one did. please give me some advice and critique

germanotaku.deviantart. com
>>
File: IMG_20160212_120218515_HDR.jpg (658 KB, 3663x2574) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160212_120218515_HDR.jpg
658 KB, 3663x2574
>>
File: IMG_20160210_032922263.jpg (1 MB, 2806x4112) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160210_032922263.jpg
1 MB, 2806x4112
>>
push
>>
File: photo 2.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
photo 2.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
You have talent but there is a lot you need to practice. It looks like you have embed in you to draw things as shapes and not as they actually appear. The eyes are perfect ovals; they shouldn't be. the lips are drawn as you would think lips should look like. You need to un-learnt his way of drawing. You're focused on smudging as well, at the level you're at you shouldn't be focused on smudging. Don't outline as thick as you are, shade softly with soft lines.
Heres what I started to do to improve my own drawing.
Very lightly, I would draw the overall shape that I could see. Maybe a box for the head, a loose triangle in the centre, then a straight line where the eyes would be, and a straight line for the mouth. Slowly then, I would cut away at things, hatching in soft lines for shade. I would never draw a thick line. Only worked over lines where they appeared to be dark until it looked like a thick line. sometimes your eyes fill in what isn't there.

What i've attatched isn't anything special, but its worked on slowly. Looking at everything as polygons then shading accordingly. Keep at it, you'll get better and better with each drawing!
>>
>>2393628
thank you^_^
>>
>>2393611
you're symbol drawing, that is, you're drawing what you think are eyes (almond shapes). lips, etc. instead of drawing what you do see.

that being said, the proportions are ridiculously accurate. you have either an amazing gift from the heavens or you managed to trace over a photo and did very very ok.

still, good job identifying values. it might be the pic quality but i don't see any whites. i do see some blacks, so good job for exploring dark colors. try next time to have mostly midtone (this might require either getting a gray tone paper or starting with filling the entire page with gray parks) and some black shadows and a few white highlights. this will make your work pop more.
>>
go to the beginner thread from now on, by the way.
>>
>>2393634
Read the sticky, draw from life, don't do this
>^_^
What is it with Germans and fucking "^^"s? Ausserdem, willkommen auf /ic/, nehm dir die Kritik nicht allzusehr zu Herzen. Es hilft.
>>
>>2393697
>What is it with Germans and fucking "^^"s?
shaddup
>>
>>2393628
>talent
>>
>>2393628
>It looks like you have embed in you to draw things as shapes and not as they actually appear.

Why the fuck must people keep saying this nonsense? What if thats how the persons eye appears? What if the iris is a regular circle? How about instead of just saying "oh you're doing this". How about you fucking show them how it should be.
>>
>>2393628
I stopped reading at talent.
>>
File: angry pirds.png (34 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
angry pirds.png
34 KB, 400x400
>>2393628
>talent
>>
thank you guys and sorry I haven't used the beginners thread
>>
>>2394427

How about you actually pay someone for advice if you want someone to go so far out of their way, instead of moaning like a little bitch that people aren't wasting hours of their time handing out top tier education for every anon who flippantly makes a thread for his doodles? I bet you're the same faggot from the Stan threads, aren't you?
>>
fuck
>>
>>2394427
>>2394427

Go back to your own tantrum thread
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.