[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does anyone know the origin of this sculpture, who made it and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: 113.jpg (717 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
113.jpg
717 KB, 1920x1200
does anyone know the origin of this sculpture, who made it and possibly when? If there is a better place to ask be sure to direct me
>>
Looks like your pretty standard angel cherub sculpture. Considering its wear/lack of preservation, dirtiness, and the fact it's outdoors, it's probably part of a graveyard.
>>
File: pl1.jpg (62 KB, 646x450) Image search: [Google]
pl1.jpg
62 KB, 646x450
The photographer is Sara Zinelli. Found it via reverse image search where she's selling it as a stock photo on gettyimages:

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/photo/statue-of-angel-close-up-high-res-stock-photography/200571314-001

Here it is on her website:

http://www.sarazinelli.com/publ_bw_gallery1.html

I can't really make out what the page says. You can either try to find the article online or contact her directly to ask.
>>
>>2392627
In other words this is pretty standard sculpturing? Or at least to an extent?
>>
>>2392660
Oh wait, ha ha I found it. It's listed on the bottom of the getty images page:

England, London, Brompton Cemetery
>>
File: w_560.jpg (72 KB, 560x378) Image search: [Google]
w_560.jpg
72 KB, 560x378
>>2392666
https://www.royalparks.org.uk/parks/brompton-cemetery

Might be the same one from a less flattering angle
>>
>>2392672
>>
>>2392672
A basic search for Brompton Cemetery Cherubs doesn't bring up much except for the occasional picture of this sculpture without any artist attributed to it. So it probably wasn't anyone famous who sculpted it. Most likely it was just a headstone sculptor.
>>
File: cherubGrave.png (1 MB, 540x961) Image search: [Google]
cherubGrave.png
1 MB, 540x961
>>
>>2392660
A thousand thanks
>>
>>2392666
A million thanks
>>
>>2392672
>>2392676
>>2392691
Im not sure these are it, or is it just the lighting/angle?
>>
>>2392672
>>2392676
>>2392691
However they're all equally good, all of the thanks
>>
>>2392852
I think it's the same one, just different angles/lighting. It also looks like yours was taken when the statue had more dirt on it.

The centermost curls of the hair look the same, and they both have the same grouping of feathers at the center of the wing and the posture is identical.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.