[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
did i get the vaporwave aesthetic right guys this is for a design
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: wearealldeadv6.jpg (561 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
wearealldeadv6.jpg
561 KB, 1500x1500
did i get the vaporwave aesthetic right guys

this is for a design project
>>
aesthetic yes. But you've got a shit composition. Bunch up the elements and make some white space. At the moment it looks flat as fuck senpai
>>
i'm new to all these terms but i think i know what you mean senpai
>>
senpai
>>
why the fuck does f a m change into senpai
>>
>>2391853
dont worry it happens to everyone baka senpai desu ne kek
>>
>modern W7 window
no
>>
File: DRFVSc6.png (200 KB, 485x557) Image search: [Google]
DRFVSc6.png
200 KB, 485x557
>>2391832
>>2391837

this guy is right composition is fucked but color palette seems nice. Reminds me of pale wave aesthetic.
>>
>>2391832
too busy, and it's literally just a bad rip off of that Macintosh Plus cover.

think about the ideas behind the whole idea of vaporwave (god that sentence makes me sound like an asshole) rather than just taking some of the visuals and rearranging them poorly.
>>
>>2391832
fuck you and your boring art project
>>
>>2391832
sort of, you copied the surface elements of vaporwave. i think it's pleasing in a way, it's acceptable.
but you should look deeper and find out precisely what vaporwave is really about, how it really feels, outside of its more ironic depictions. what is vaporwave which isn't such a direct thing like a statue head, japanese text, cheap computer effects. ask yourself not what it is that you see in vaporwave, but why those things exactly. you know what i mean?
anyway, like i said, it's acceptable (besides that win 7 notepad window (the text within is fine))
>>
>>2391853
because f a m is stupid. duh.
>>
>>2391832
strike out the text " god did not ... we created god", the rest is ok.
also it would work if you changed it to " god did not create us, we created dog"
>>
some things are off center, you want everything to look mirrored at some points.
>>
Why not make something original instead? I get that part of the vaporwave "philosophy" is that it's something easily replicated / mass produced (OPN said this in an interview regarding eccojams). And it's had it's time now, it's part of the past. There's no meaning of latching on to the trend NOW. So make something of your own instead of choosing the easy cop-out way.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.