[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hard fundamental challenges
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: PowerDrill.jpg (290 KB, 497x910) Image search: [Google]
PowerDrill.jpg
290 KB, 497x910
What makes for a really challenging life drawing?

Personally I use power tools and they're very hard to draw.

I'm not good at it yet and this is a very rushed study, but nothing really forces you to truly look at angles and perspective more than a power-drill standing on an angle.

What are other household objects that are very hard to draw?

I'm definitely going back to this as soon as I can.
>>
>>2390805
Plants, if you do it academically and don't fudge proportions
>>
>>2390807
I don't even know where to begin on how to de-construct a leaf

Can you show me some of your studies
>>
Why bother? Power tools in the essence are nothing more than just cylinders and boxes stacked on each other, get side\top view with proportions from life and then construct it however you wish in any pov you wish.
As for leaves, midrib is key to construction, again, why even bother with that level of detail it is counter-productive, but if you wish, treat it like symmetrical\asymmetrical surface on centerspline-midrib and be done with it
>>
>>2390805
>those circles

Why does almost every poster on this board not realise drawing takes effort.
>>
>>2390819
>Why bother learning how to do fundamentals like cylinders and boxes
>Why bother learning how to think in 3D

It's why bother for you, but for new artists it's very important.
>>
>>2390823
OP here
How do I get better at drawing circles?

I only make them look like that because I'm only looking at the object. I think that the better I get at learning how to draw in 3-Dimensions the easier it will be for me to draw my circles.

Should I just try to do perfect circles for a bit?
>>
>>2390831
Ayyy now point out where I said exactly which you greentexted you lying kookaburra you.
>>
>>2390805
Just take a photo of one and trace it
>>
>>2391041
Why?
>>
draw a box on the paper and try to draw what you studying on top of it
>>
>>2390805
>nothing really forces you to truly look at angles and perspective more than a power-drill standing on an angle
noobs say the darndest things
>>
>>2390837
A pretty good excercise for circles is using a protracter/tracing a circular object lightly, and trying to to use your arm to trace along the circle 8 times in each direction.

But don't just it mindlessly, actually try to clear your mind and focus on where your pencil is meeting the paper and guiding it where you want it to go. It looks pretty garbage for a while, but of course you get better at accuracy. Once you can do it accurately, work on increasing speed, while still retaining accuracy.

This isn't really something that develops fast, unless you drill hard non-stop for an extended period of time, but I don't know if you want to do that to yourself. (or maybe you do, who knows?)
>>
>>2390859
lmao post your work
>>
I find that chairs are a excellent warm up subject for life drawing. They are moderately big so you can study them from the same distance you would with a live model, and usually not too complex in form. When you study man made objects it will greatly expose any weaknesses you might have in your life drawing skills.
>>
>>2391381
Yeah but I don't have a church in my house dude
>>
How do I get good at drawing people if I can't find any place to get experience drawing them?

Is a mirror good enough for life drawing or is it too much of a flat surface like a photograph?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.