[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey I was looking for the reference that the guy used for this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
Hey I was looking for the reference that the guy used for this study. I recall vividly seeing it somewhere but for the life of me I couldn't recall why I didn't save it then and there. I tried reverse image search on the study but no luck.
Does anyone know what the statue is ? Or do they have the photo ?
>>
^
>>
what kind of brush is that?
>>
>>2390166

It's not just one brush
>>
^
>>
>>2390166
Chinese artist brush
>>
File: Fred Fichet Gaïane & Alika.jpg (1 MB, 2736x3648) Image search: [Google]
Fred Fichet Gaïane & Alika.jpg
1 MB, 2736x3648
You're welcome.
>>
>>2390399

dem puffy nips
>>
File: 1450675824446.jpg (6 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1450675824446.jpg
6 KB, 240x240
>>2390399
cheers ,buddy !
>>
File: 1.jpg (304 KB, 1464x979) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
304 KB, 1464x979
>>2390065
>>2390399
Overlaid the original photo on top, and set blend mode to "color".
>>
>>2390502

>no one can actually accurately paint something from reference
>muh conspiracy
>>
>>2390502
You're a fucking moron. This was clearly hand painted. The brushstrokes are carefully placed, the anatomy and shapes are broken down and heavily simplfied etc.

Or maybe you're this Irakli faggot who got butthurt that people immediately can spot your photo paintovers and now you wanna act like proper studies are remotely the same as the shit you are doing.
>>
>>2390538
Nigga you're paranoid, better hide those shitting-on-other-artists-threads from now on.
I think anon just played around with the images in photoshop and wanted to share, i think it looks nice.
>>
>>2390546
You too, chill the fuck out.
In no way did that anon accuse anyone of anything.
>>
>>2390546
Not that anon but lets stop and think about the stupidity of your statement for a second.

I have no opinion one way or another about image but a neet pleb such as yourself saying, without a doubt, something isn't traced is idiotic. I doubt you even have enough knowledge to paint a well rendered stick figure, why would anyone take you're statement as fact? Because you claim things are well placed and "broken down" correctly?

Get over yourself, you're as bad as >>2390502
>>
>>2390538
Thats the thing with digital art, its too easy to cut corners and cheat. Ill never fully respect the digital medium.
>>
>>2390559

>more difficult means better art
>painting with your toes superior art form to digital painting
>>
While we're on the subject, Does anybody have some good photos of juxtaposed black marble /white marble statues ? I think I saw one in the St. Petersburg academy but I couldn't find it online.
>>
>>2390502
I'm this guy.

Just to be clear. I didn't try to make any point at all. I just wondered what it'd look like had it been rendered in color, and decided to share the resulting image since I liked it.

>>2390538
>>2390546
Is everyone always this jumpy in here? Relax your balls ffs...
>>
>>2390569

I'm pretty sure the issue is that you posted it. There was really no point to post if if you didn't want to make one, so people naturally assume you're implying something by doing so...
>>
>>2390065
how do you make your brush look like that?
>>
>>2390631

smudge, mixer brush, knowing how to get the most out of your brushtips and simple skill
>>
>>2390065
>>2390166
>>2390173
>>2390219
>>2390631
http://digitalbrushes.tumblr.com/post/104316925170/wangjie-li-photoshop-brushes-download-links this is what shows up on google after you image search the OP pic, if it helps
>>
>>2390631
just make a squared shaped brush and put dots on it, the magic is on the flow and the wetness/values
>>
>>2390568
^ would be much appreciated
>>
can brushes like these be reproduced in CS3?
>>
>>2390651

Stop derailing the thread with your retarded questions, fucks sake !
>>
>>2390660
thread is bretty dead anyways
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.